Sold: Lancia HPE Volumex - that's the supercharged one

skattrd

Guest Breadvan72

Hide it at my place.  A place that already has two HPEs needs a temporary third.  Good quality cover available, though no garage.

PS:  I bet the seats on the IE are beshaggered, because (1) they always are, and (2) the vendor hasn't put up a photo of them.

I currently have an old tweed jacket permanently hung over the driver's seat in the Volumex, to cover up and protect the bald bit on the bolster, which has gone through to the foam.    The jacket vaguely matches the colours of the seat.   

Paging Breadvan… Breadvan to the beige courtesy phone please.

I expect you've seen this on eBay, being broken?

$_12.JPG

Interior looks tidy.  Just sayin', like.

Still thinking about the blue one.  Clients are dicking me about at the mo so I might have time and I might not; money is the converse of time.  Meanwhile, heart says yes but head - well, head just shakes slowly from side to side and makes tutting sounds.

Guest Breadvan72

Arse!   You wait ages* for a donor car to come along, and two arrive at once.

Thanks for the heads up.  I have emailed the dude asking for prices on the seats, door cards, and the supercharger.

EDIT:  supercharger gone already, it appears from the photos.

Guest Breadvan72

Lancia HPE POP KWIZ/PHACKTOID-A-RAMA

The tailgate handle and lock on a 1996-7 Iveco Turbo Daily Horse Box is the same as the one on which Italian car of the 70s/80s?  

Answers in Italian on the back of a bodywork repair bill.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Breadvan72

ARSE!   I bought a rusted HPE IE for spares, but look what now shows up, complete with non-shagged seats and the supercharger still in situ.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LANCIA-HPE-VOLUMEX-1985-FOR-TOTAL-RESTORATION-SPARES-REPAIR-supercharged-engine-/331176613016?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4d1baa1498&clk_rvr_id=619739006372&afsrc=1

Possibly not yet spotted by the MG and kit car crowd etc.  I might bid just to get the spoiler, the seats, and the blower (they can go for 1500 on their own).  Would have to weigh in the rest.

Guest Breadvan72

Hangin' out with me posh matez near DavidCameronshirevilleland, I thought let's get some of that 1980s car brochure action going down.

7liAX8fF.jpg

Also, I went to Northampton Rugby FC cos invited to the posh booze up box by clients.  Mouth breathing gate staff declined to recognise e-ticket and clients not answering phone, so had to go home again.   Northampton appears to be a total shiz hole inhabited by uniformly fat, bald and rude white people.     "Try paying fer yer ticket, freeloader", says one such twat.  I declined to mention that I was invited there for winning a big megabucks payout case for the company that pays a fair chunk of sponsorship money to the club, so, yeah, you have a nice day too.  

Windscreen wiper on nearside suddenly bailed out en route to Northampton, hurtling over roof and landing some way back on central reservation  (no following traffic to clonk, luckily).  No tape in car.  No tape on sale at any garage, so used patented bin liner mod to prevent screen scratchage, as it was raining and other wiper doing its bit. Me, classy, me.   

Never mind all that.  At least I got this snap of one proper classic car and one right old piece of shit.

ZI5aAkfl.jpg

Pity you couldn't have done a bin liner mod on the Northampton rugby tosser too.

Buy the late metallic blue HPE IE that's for sale on carand classic.

By the way, I still haz dibs on this, the Y-reg blue IE. Just awaiting results of MOT in the next week or so to confirm the price, and me proving I'm a fit and proper custodian. Epic collection trip could be on.

I'm glad you sorted the lights on the motah, Mr Breadvan, and despite minor foibles the car seems to be providing decent service.

I'm not likely to drive one of my own cars until at least September, but I still want another Lancia. Unfortunately work in Jerryland isn't conducive to me buying and running a car over there, so I may just wait until he end of the project and buy a 90's Delta to drive home.

I hear what you're saying about the ie, I was looking for one when I bought the HPE VX. The only HPE ie I saw for sale in over a year was slightly shagged and cost the same as I paid for the VX ....

Guest Breadvan72

I have put 2000 miles on the car since I bought it from you, Mr Skattrd, and it has behaved itself well.   My bloke Roy will give it an oil change this week and check a couple of rattles and wobbles.  

If I can't get better front seats from a scrappy, I may just get leather inserts added to the side bolsters front and back, or maybe pop for a full leather interior, but that would be mucho spenner.

The red grows on me, although I still toy with the idea of Grigio Metallico for a respray choice.  

This morning I is mostly swearing at the donor car as I try to get its wiper arm off to put on the VX. 

I have replaced the broken sunroof handle surround and trimmed the raggedy bit of headlining out of sight.   Some paint touch upping done too, and waxoyling here and there.  I have mastered the dark art of the petrol cap (designed by a fuckwit) .  The gauge still shows no more than 3/4 even when brim full.  

Roy has done a mod for the tailgate struts (the mounting for one of the struts was borked) and the bootlit stays up better. Mega heavy that tailgate, what?  

I would love to find one of the front chinny spoilers with built in fog lamps, but they are unicorn do do.  

The radiator is going to be swapped out with the better one form the donor car, as it is leaking a bit.    

That stereo that Colin fitted sounds ace (any HPE is a noisy car to sit in, and the VX is noisier than average)  but the stereo is waaaaaaaaay too brightly lit.  I may try pasting some red film over the display, as it lights the car interior up like floodlights at night.

I could save some weight and fuel by taking the tow bar off, but every HPE that  I have ever seen has a tow bar, and, hey, tradition is important.  Also, I might even use it to tow a motorbike to my brother's gaff next month, or even my friend Annabel's MG Midget when it comes back from the bodyshop.  

Guest Breadvan72

I wonder if I should swap the tail lights also - the current ones look rather orange when lit up, like the old (Lancia) ones on my Jensen used to.  . Have they faded over the years, or are they all like this?    I have the ones on the donor car, and some new looking ones in a box, found on eBay for buttons.   NB:  I am now approaching giffer age (I'm almost 52), so it is good to have insurance against reversing into bollards and shiz.

Guest Breadvan72

FACK ME!!!!  Why are bits of old cars so fally offy when you don't want them to be and so STUCK ON LIKE A BASTID when you want them to come off?  

When I am King, all cars will have to be completely dismantled and put back together once a year in order to stop this sort of thing.

Guest Breadvan72

Oh Noes!  After rain storm today, damp patch visible on driver's door card, suggesting water innage between skin and trim.  Now I haz THE FEAR.

Oh Noes!  After rain storm today, damp patch visible on driver's door card, suggesting water innage between skin and trim.  Now I haz THE FEAR.

May I suggest a trip to the hardware shop for a dustpan and brush?

will make sweeping up bits of Lancia much easier;)

seriously though, sounds like a perished or shrunken seal

Guest Breadvan72

Today I is are mostly driving for eight miles with the choke on.   Because YOLO.  Well, actually because I is a fucking Norb.

Mmmmmmmm, Cokeyplugz R Us.

Also:  uber shite photo of modern red Italian tat plus old red Italian tat.

dC7kvBm2.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

Well, it sort of was a prediction of DOOOOOOOOM, but not about the window seal.  

Ooooof, new clutch 250 notes plus labour..    Will have to wait until super rich client that is using me as a free bank stumps up for the big win that I got for him three months ago, the bastard.

Well, it sort of was a prediction of DOOOOOOOOM, but not about the window seal.

Ooooof, new clutch 250 notes plus labour.. Will have to wait until super rich client that is using me as a free bank stumps up for the big win that I got for him three months ago, the bastard.

w week for clutches it seems.. the Clio clutch is only 85ish, but autodata says 7.5hrs..

so supplied and fitted for 450 looks appealing.

or just nick the Da's 5series. black, was driving it with a white shirt on earlier (attending funeral) and had all sorts holding back when passing me.must have looked like undercover traffic:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Breadvan72

New clutch ordered .  Lord Bollox of Bollickhamshire on 24 hour* rapid response standby to fit same to dreadful old Italian POS using mighty Swear Spanner of Justice.     Cost of clutch: 250 actual pounds,  yikearoo.    Email from supplier.  Sorry, some dozy cunt sent us the wrong ones.  Here is yer money back.   Me:  Oh, cocks.     Stand down the Bollockmobile.

Brainwave.  Search ebay.it.   Kit Frizione Volumex 165 Euros plus spedizione 25 Euros.       Source: the same dozy cunts that the UK supplier buys from.  So, as long as they put the right one in the box  I have lost a week or two but gained almost a hundred notes.  

Risk factor of dozy cunts sending wrong clutch and ensuing bureaucratic OMG join UKIP nightmare : high.   But what's a girl to do? 

Guest Breadvan72

BAD NEWS

Italian supplier emails to say that they have no Volumex clutches. None likely to come in.  

OK NEWS:  

A bloke on PH might have one to sell.    Otherwise, a Delta Integrale clutch MIGHT fit.  Checking.

GOOD NEWS:  

Found someone who has rolls of VX Zegna seat cloth to sell!