Sold: Lancia HPE Volumex - that's the supercharged one

skattrd

I'll do a proper advert later, but my HPE VX is up for grabs, as seen at notchumley last year and in various pics I've posted, it's quite a photogenic car.

MOT - Oct 2014 - No advisories

Tax - end Jul 2014

Mileage - some

Condition good, but not perfect. I'll post more detail later.

I took this car around Scotland last year, and then used it for work a couple of times when working in Wales & Devon. It has never let me down.

It has PAS, electric windows and is usable everyday.

It has a few modifications, manual choke conversion, a modern but subtle Blaupunkt  MP3 stereo, an unused towbar. It's been surprisingly economical for me, see sig.

Price for quick sale £2000

The car is in Lincolnshire, about 10 miles South of Lincoln, or 12 miles East of Newark-Upon-Trent.

CIMG0366_zps386aa29c.jpg

CIMG0367_zpsc947e42f.jpg

P1030553LargePsideinterior_zps170ee069.j

P1030554LargeRearseats_zpsef5d3570.jpg

http://s87.photobucket.com/user/skattrd/library/Lancia%20HPE/Scotland%20April%202013?sort=3&page=1

http://s87.photobucket.com/user/skattrd/library/Lancia%20HPE?sort=3&page=1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Breadvan72

I am getting all excited as tomorrow is the day appointed for the collection of the potentially exploding Lancia.  

Early doors train to London, and then on up to the frozen Fens.  If I can wrestle the technology into submission, I may do some live "the RAC say they will only be another 4 hours" updates.  

With this, the Landy I collected on Wednesday, and next Monday's 206 wifemobile, that will be three collections inside a week. Pretty poor by Autoshite standards, but getting there.  

Guest Breadvan72

Up betimes, and to the rural station equipped with a wodge of cash, and essential tool kit (phone and RAC card).  Hey, ho for the 0647, but, what's this?  Me at station, wallet in other jacket, at home.  Briefly consider raiding the car cash stash and saying "I'll send the rest on, I promise!", but decide that this would be cheesy. Hurtle home, affrighting the sleepy country folk in their villages with the sound of V6 hoonage, and grab wallet.

Revised eta at Newark 1026.

Guest Breadvan72

Due to multiple car collection craziness, I now have not one but two jalopes at my local station that will need rescuing next week (if not towed away before then on grounds of public hygiene).

NB;  the ground is flat, but I appear to have been drunk when I took this.

post-5528-0-83595800-1393055749_thumb.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

On the posh East Coast line, the trolly dollies are literally throwing food at us.   I told them it's OK, I've been on Virgin Trains so I'm used to it.

BTW:  PHACKTOID.  When the Government was thinking of re nationalising the East Coast line because the franchise holder had gone tits, can you guess which chodbothering lawyer they asked for advice on the gig?  Me being a frothing Old Labour natonalise everything Spartist nutter did not influence my advice even one bit.  They even asked me what they should call the line after it was reclaimed for the People.  My suggestion of "what about British Rail?" went down like the tyres on an old Lancia. 

I think that we all still own the train set - though it's all being sold off again to some bunch of crooked posh boys, or maybe already has been.  For now, it works pretty well. OOOOOPs, POLITiCS, apols.  

PS:  about to arrive in GRANTHAM -   Oooh, arr, Maggie Thatcharr.

Guest Breadvan72

Sorry for radio silence.  The journey was smooooooooooooth, but I arrived at my parents' house in Brum in the midst of a lunch party and have been busy choffing nosh and swigging cheap Italian red for a while.

Talking of cheap Italian reds, the Lancia is ace.   I will post a fuller account later, with some photies.

No Italian car would be complete without some electrical eccentricity, and I am happy to report that the Volumex presently has dipped beemz, main beemz, and indicators, but no side lights, tail lights, or reversers.  Brake lights, not sure, but think they are OK as I did not get more than the usual amount of Gareth Hunt coffee beans from fellow road users on the way.    I will do some investigations tomorrow morning when not pissed up.

Lights, schmights!  The Sun was shining, and the car has an engine (Lampredi Twin Cam, innit)  gears, wheels, and brakes, all of which are purdy darn fine.

Me likee.   Cheers, skattrd, and I LERVE your Blokepad.

More later.

I'm glad you're enjoying the car, it really is a pleasant and civilised car to drive.

I honestly thought it was just the sidelights that were n/a ... I would double check the fuses, as I seem to think most of what you mention isn't working goes through one or two fuses, which I may have disturbed earlier.

Guest Breadvan72

That is my working theory as well, Chris, and I will check in the morning.  That fusebox is a pain to get to alright.  Some idiot has put some stupid supercharger in the way of the important stuff.  Italians, eh?  

I really like the car, a lot,  Thanks again for such an easy transaction, and for the tea!

Very jealous.  Really fancy one of these, the perfect combination of practicality and impracticality.  Superchargers are so much more civilised than turbochargers too (other opinions are available).

Looking forward to more tales of comedy electrics and MORE PICTURES.  And maybe to the happy future coincidence of your getting bored with it and me having a gap in the fleet. 

Guest Breadvan72

Picz

I stopped for pez twice, not because I had to, but because on the first stop I forgot to take the obligatory forecourt picture.  This one was taken at Leicester Forest Services, en route from Newark to Birmingham.  The last time I stopped here in a just-collected car (an old Lotus), the exhaust chose this location to fall off, but no such excitements befell the Lancia

1jWE3BLf.jpg

Here is the motaaaah outside my mum and dad's house.  I am pondering swapping those net curtains for the louvre blind in the back of the car.

8uXbf090.jpg

yB40mwEq.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

The Handbook (which used to belong to a car called A20 HPE) confirms that the tail lights, panel lights (also oot), and side lights all run off two 8 amp fuses.  The reversing lights are on a separate fuse, which also covers the electric windows and the ventilation fan, so that fuse can't be oot as the widows and fan work.  .   The fuses all look fine, and appear to be correctly positioned, but in the morning I will pop around to the large motor supplies shop three mins from my parents' house and buy some new ones. 

I have a Beta Spyder, which has the non supercharged two litre engine, a smaller carb, and no power steering.  Its wheelbase is shorter than that of the HPE.   The HPE is only 2-3 years younger than my Spider but feels much less old and clonky.  The Spyder is a bit raw, the HPE rather smooth. The HPE is a lot quicker, sounds rather different, and I think it may even handle better, but I am still finding out about the handling.  

The sunroof is a good size, but is a bit stiff to open and close, as you might expect given the age of the car.  The headlining is in a sort of light brown herringbone tweedy fabric, and the seats are very pale blue checked with what might even be a sort of beige.  The fabric was apparently designed by Zegna so get you, dahleeng.

The tail/side lights are also controlled from the switch being in position one, so if it isn't the fuse(s) my next thought would be the switch or connection from the switch. The under-tray below the dash comes off with just two screws so the wiring should be easy to visibly check.

I also found the handling and feel of the HPE and my Spyder completely different. I expected them to be quite similar, but thought the HPE felt more modern and civilised.