CA

wuvvum

Just managed to win this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bit scruffy like, but it's a runner with 12 months' test so reckon it should be OK for £500. And it's a late model with the 1600 engine and 4-speed box so shouldn't be as dire to drive as the earlier versions. Now all I have to do is guess what my neighbours' reaction is going to be when it turns up outside my house...

On another note - went on the RAF Marham track day yesterday. Best £70 I've ever spent in my life. (OK, £70 plus £40 of petrol, but still.) There's another one in April - if you've ever even remotely considered doing a track day I strongly suggest you get along. I took my clapped-out 2-litre Legacy GL estate and had an absolute blast - the car did amazingly well, seeing off things like 106 XSI's and Mazda MX6's, so you don't need some daft track day weapon to have fun. I didn't even kill my tyres - they're a bit scuffed, but they're still legal. And apart from cooking the front brakes on the first session, the car never missed a beat all day, despite being the cheapest and possibly the scruffiest car there, and despite spending three hours bouncing off the rev limiter in every gear. I love shite cars. :D

Guest greenvanman

That's fantastic, I love those. I once went to see a CA Debonair just before I got my Master. It had a Sierra 1.6 and 4-speed box in and the chassis was amazingly good but the rest of it was in a terrible state and I just knew, as cool as it was, that I'd never get it back on the road again. Amongst other things it was missing one of the curved rear windows and most of the roof panel. Hard decision, as by the end of the afternoon the owner was ready to give it to me rather than see it cut up, which I believe is what happened to it. One day, one day...

There's a lovely restored one for sale at a garage in Otley at the moment, I'll stop off and snap it next week.