Shite thats seen death

sierraman

The car used in the so-called 'Range Rover Murders' was destroyed according to an interview with an ex-PC.  I believe that as It would have been full of all sorts of nasty things.

The vehicle that surfaced in the last few years wearing the same registration is not the same car- the door hinges were different for a start (which is quite a considerable difference on an RRC).

That particular vehicle is not something I'd ever want to even sit in; I know it's only a lump of metal but..

I used to drive a taxi that had been in a fatal accident, most of the drivers wouldn't go near it. The accident happened before I worked for the firm, but I did drive past soon after it happened- the police weren't so quick to close the roads then.

The locomotive involved in the Tay Bridge disaster was fished out and put back into service.

If it's been seen-to by the SOCOs and forensic sciencists, usually it's so well covered in their evidence-gathering gear -fingerprint dustr, ginseng violet, and hydrazine for other fungerprunts -  and the like, it's so fucked that it's a CAT A.

Funny how people aren't so fussy about houses though.

Mine was built in the 30s so has probably seen one of two off.

Probably a few births and at least 2 conceptions that I know of ;-)

What about births in cars, that's probably messier than deaths.

If you remove the stair carpet in my house the 5th, 6th and 7th steps are a discoloured brown.

That was caused by a previous owner who is now previous. He hung himself from a beam in the loft through the loft hatch and wasnt found for a few weeks.

By which time he had gone a bit runny.

The upside was our house was empty for 18 months before we bought it and was very cheap at the time.

Bothered? Moi?

Naaaaah.

There are many stories surrounding the Rettendon Range Rover, 'F424 NPE'. I read on one article which said it was apparently sold on after the investigation, its interior binned and replaced. I did see the picture of another identical Range Rover wearing that plate which was apparently caught on a speed camera in 2002:

ranger.jpg

A lot of people talk about how there were hinges on the original one and there isn't on the one that apparently is still around. I would have thought it would have been easy to change the doors/wings off it as I'd imagine that blood might have got between the doors/hinges or the wings/doors had been damaged.

As I understand it, a Range Rover reg'd 'F424 NPE' appeared on an eBay auction in 2008, it apparently created a lot of unwanted attention and was withdrawn. There are a couple of videos on Youtube trying to explain that it is still around and apparently still in some sort of ownership. I don't know if the same Range Rover or not.

The DVLA says that a Blue Range Rover 3.5 Vogue EFi (The orignal one was a Vogue SE?) was last taxed in 2009.

There was another Range-Rover murder 7/8 months after the Rettendon muders. Though this wasnt as famous:

n_un_7b.jpg

Sorry, best image I could find of the actual car.

http://www.bernardomahoney.com/rrmurder ... mojm.shtml

This was the murder of John Marshall an Essex car dealer in May 1996. Seven days after he disappeared, John’s body was found in straw in the unlocked boot of his Range Rover (A 3.5 Vogue SE, reg: G44 PMV) by a police officer at Round Hill, Sydenham, South London, he'd been shot twice in the head and twice in the chest.

It's been suggested that John Marshall wasn't actually killed in the his Range Rover, but his body put in the back after his murder, the driven to Sydenham where his body was later discovered.

G44PMV was eventually sold on and is now currently on a SORN which seemingly says that not all 'death' cars are crushed.

I wonder about the cars taken as evidence and the crime remains unsolved. Do they gather evidence and dispose of them or keep them locked up because the case was unsolved and could be re-opened?

Depends on the nature of the offence, the nature of the evidence, loads of things. For example, if someone gets shot dead while sitting in a car, the authorities will probably keep the whole vehicle, especially if the killing is deemed "political" If someone is killed in a hit and run situation, photos of the vehicle will be taken, paint swatches, fibres, biologicals etc all lifted and recorded, and generally, but not always, the vehicle fragged after forensics have got all their evidence from it.. My bird does this for a living (forensic science, not smashing up cars!)

Western SMT Ailsa KSD 113W was, IIRC, involved in at least two fatalities though both were inside it - one was a head first downstairs neck break on the luggage pen. It ended up blacked by the unions.

More recently, maybe about six years ago, former Plymouth Citybus Merc J209 KTT ran over and killed a pensioner in Paisley - I still remember the fire brigade jacking it up and removing the wheel to get the body out. It disappeared for a while then made a brief return to service still with a head shaped dent in the bonnet and a cracked grille.

For buses and trains it seems to be pretty common for vehicles that were involved in fatalities to be reused, certainly with trains destroying every one involved in a fatality would remove a significant proportion of the trains on the network. There was an article in the Railway Magazine about the loco involved in the Great Train Robbery, it went on to be involved in multiple fatal accidents and was promptly scrapped by BR at the end of its life because they didn't want it to be preserved for goolish reasons.

Some ships that were involved in truly horrible accidents were fixed up given a new name, coat of paint and sent on their way again.

I didn't know about the superstition surrounding renaming ships. There were a number of German liners claimed and given to shipping companies like Cunard as war reparations at the end of The First World War that were renamed before entering service.

Also, Olympic was involved in a few accidents but kept her name throughout. In saying that, 2/3rds of the class sank so I'd say they were pretty cursed anyway.

I wonder if the merc limo that lady Di was in when she died is still about in storage somewhere? Id imagine the high profile of the victims means they would have to keep hold of it just in case the case is reopened.

When I got my first job driving Lorries in 2001 I worked at a firm where I actually replaced a driver who had been killed in an RTA. He was in his 17 ton DAF 45 and ran into the back of another truck, completely wrecking his DAF. Apparently his truck was so badly mangled that it was scrapped but we later found it was repaired and put back on the road. For two consecutive years on the anniversary of the accident my boss got sent parking tickets for the truck, which everyone found very eerie, especially as the company didn't own the thing anymore!

My friend's father still has the Cortina 1600E he bought as a wreck when it was nearly new, and it still has a starburst on the dashboard where the first owner headbutted it. Nobody had died in the Cortina but he'd rebuilt a Mercedes before that did kill its previous owner.

There used to be a Mk1 Fiesta going around St Andrews that the previous owner had commited suicide in using the hosepipe and garage method.

I guy I know who works in a huge scrappy gets nearly all the vehicles from fatal RTAs delivered to him by the police. According to him, they all get baled and technically he's not supposed to salvage any parts from them either, although that doesn't quite sound right to me. Apparently a high proportion of them have fragments of fingernail embedded in the steering wheel :-(

When I worked on the continental ferries thirty odd years ago it was standard practice to repatriate mashed motors on AA-organised trailers.   Cadavers (as they were manifested) were usually body-bagged and laid on the floor of new French caravans to be collected by Private Ambulance* on arrival.     I often wondered if the eventual new owners of the Esterel or whatever had any idea of the previous "passengers" .   I am a bit meh about the whole business, really which is why I had absolutely no problem sleeping in our converted ambulance some years later.   As many lives have been saved and new ones begun in the back of an ambulance as have been lost...