Vulgalour Arts - Originals For Sale

vulgalour

Internet points for Jo, it is indeed a 929 Coupé.  The 626 Montrose is on my (ever growing) list, so may make an appearance in the future.  It's also available in the shop, as of now: https://www.redbubble.com/people/angylroper/works/35786634-mazda-929-coup

post-5335-0-95679000-1545167552_thumb.jpg

I ran a little poll over on Twitter for the next item to do on my shortlist.  BMW E30 just pipped Austin Allegro to the post so I was then left with the decision of which model to go for.  Happily, our very own Tayne came to the rescue with an informative little video on the E30 Tourer and why it came into existence.

post-5335-0-77568100-1545411735_thumb.jpg

Once my art pens arrive in the post I'll be able to get this properly finished.  The plastic tractor trike does make a brief and blurry appearance in the video which is why I went for that rather than a more traditional tin plate type trike.

Today I finally got a whole bunch of printables organised and uploaded to Redbubble, so here we go.  Too late for Christmas, but just in time for when you've got your Christmas pennies burning a hole in your pocket.  I hope.  There has been no Christmas rush this year, sadly, so here's hoping 2019 sets off running instead.

Caraboat Mirage.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/angylroper/works/35842289-caraboat-mirage

post-5335-0-62137700-1545414390_thumb.jpg

1964 Ford Falcon

https://www.redbubble.com/people/angylroper/works/35842419-1964-ford-falcon

post-5335-0-82896300-1545414812_thumb.jpg

Porsche 911 Carrera

https://www.redbubble.com/people/angylroper/works/35842616-porsche-911-carrera

post-5335-0-34694700-1545415393_thumb.jpg

Robinson R44

https://www.redbubble.com/people/angylroper/works/35842689-robinson-r44

post-5335-0-44018000-1545415872_thumb.jpg

Internet points for Jo, it is indeed a 929 Coupé. The 626 Montrose is on my (ever growing) list, so may make an appearance in the future. It's also available in the shop, as of now: https://www.redbubble.com/people/angylroper/works/35786634-mazda-929-coup

attachicon.gifMazda-929Coupé.jpg

I really like that. Would be great to see a 626 Montrose as well- one of those cars which I should have bought before they became virtually extinct.

• 2 weeks later...

Please do!  That would be ace.  I've got the nebulous planning stage for an invalid carriage and other adapted vehicle portfolio being formed as it happens.  Just have some issues figuring out how best to present the content, I want it to be a celebration of the good thing these sorts of vehicles offered to their users.  I really want to do something Invacar+football related because it was such an iconic part of what they were.

• 2 weeks later...

Now on Ko-fi Ko-fi.com/angylroper

I'm looking at ways to make it easier for people to support what I do, and to provide more options.  Ko-fi is just that.  It's essentially a digital tips jar, so you can leave a donation and walk away.  It's less commitment than full subscription and more affordable than most prints and all commission work.  I've been asked more recently if I have one of these accounts, so that's why I've set one up.

If the Ko-fi thing does well enough, I'll upgrade to Gold (that's $6 USD pcm I'll need to cover) and then release artwork a month in advance to those that subscribe through Ko-fi.  Subscribers would also get first say on what was drawn next, which would dictate the direction the content would take.

Nothing really changes otherwise, I've just been wanting to offer a low-commitment way for folks to support my work that didn't involve a lot of busywork, and this seems the suitable answer.

My next goal is affording the website fees, something I can do on the monthly payment plan, I'd just rather pay annually both because it saves me a chunk of money and gets me a decent website name.  If I get through the current commission stack promptly, I can do it this month, if not then I just have to wait until next month.  I will, of course, stick links to all of this up here.

As always, thank you for all the support you folks have provided over the years, even if it's just mashing the like button.

As promised, ink only versions of the BX now in the shop.

Black ink: https://www.redbubble.com/people/angylroper/works/36953597-citroen-bx-black-line

post-5335-0-01262500-1549984858_thumb.jpg

White ink: https://www.redbubble.com/people/angylroper/works/36953689-citroen-bx-white-line

post-5335-0-53104000-1549984858_thumb.jpg

I'm working on the colour version today, the winning vote by quite some margin was red, so that's what it'll be.  I'm also starting the second BX option for this month today, that probably won't be ready for a few days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you're on Twitter, I'm now accepting suggestions for April's content here

If you're not, just reply below and I'll put them in the hat. The top 4 suggestions will be up for voting on, base on number of likes/frequency of suggestion. If there's no clear leaders, I'll make an arbritrary decision based on my personal tastes for which ones get in the vote.  Poll will go live on Twitter sometime in the last week of March or the first week of April, as I've been doing this year.

The artwork I create will then be available in the shop and, if it's done in traditional media, the original artwork will also be available to purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

I've come to a crossroads with my automotive artwork.  Article 11/13 muddies the copyright waters even further on what I may and may not be allowed to post and is the proverbial straw.

Before I explain, I'll first state that I am grateful and appreciative of the wonderful folks that have commissioned work from me over the years, and bought prints from Redbubble.  There have been some fantastic people I've worked with that have given me brilliant challenges and I appreciate every one of you.

The short version is simply that the artwork isn't paying its way.  I've been putting off this decision for a while, hoping it would change, hoping more advertising etc. would help.  Fact is, all it's done is attract more of the sort of people I don't want to interact with or waste my limited time on.  The print shop chugs along but only a couple of items have actually paid for the work put into them, most items sit there making no money at all, offsetting negatively the items that do make money to a degree that in real terms, I'm making a loss on the time and materials invested.

It's very difficult to continue to create, interact, and be postive about something that just eats time and generates farcical requests and unrealistic demands.  I'm done with people requesting giant pieces of artwork for pound shop print money.  I'm done with people wanting photo-accurate depictions of cars that I'm supposed to magically create from rubbish references.  I'm done with people just being rude to me.  I don't care enough or earn enough to deal with that sort of nonsense.

Going forward I'm going to complete the Metro pieces and leave the print shop as it is and then shut down this wing of my work.  I've tried, REALLY tried, to make it work.  I'm now accepting that I cannot compete in this particular market place and focusing on work where I am more competitive.  It will free up some time for me to devote to more profitable ventures.

Finally, my apologies to anyone who is disappointed by this.  I know there's people that enjoy my work, have been supportive, and wanted to commission me or buy something some day.  Maybe in time I'll take on fresh commissions.  I'll be leaving the print shop running as it is, no point cutting off the small revenue it does generate, after all.  I'm also not looking for advice or to be persuaded to go another direction, I've given this avenue of my work plenty of opportunity to be successful and it simply hasn't been.

So thank you for your support, everyone.  I'll be closing with the Metro pieces once they're completed.