Vulgalour Arts - Originals For Sale

vulgalour

• 1 month later...

Friendly reminder about my Redbubble shop: https://www.redbubble.com/people/angylroper

I haven't been focusing on automotive work lately as it's simply not been paying the bills.  Instead my attention has been turned to projects and content that bring in regular income.  That's why it's been quiet here of late.

I would like to set up an automotive specific monthly update but have come to the uncomfortable conclusion that to do so it must be paid for.  At present I'm looking at using KoFi or Patreon for a monthly release project, I just need to work out the relevant costs and what platform might be best.

I'm looking at something a bit more interactive like the old Suggestion Friday thing I was doing but that brings in income to offset the time it costs me per piece.  I've come to the realisation this year that it takes too many hours per piece to offer work for free now.  Here's what I'm thinking:

Suggestion round - everyone throws their ideas in a pile

Vote! - everyone signed up votes on their favourite.  Item with most votes wins, I get to cast the deciding vote if there's a tie

Bid - If people are interested in buying the original, this overrides the raffle option.  They bid against one another and the highest bidder wins it.

Raffle - each round I raffle off the finished artwork (all traditional, no digital) to everyone that paid that round

Prints - each item is turned into a print and offered through my RedBubble shop

I'd welcome feedback on this.  If there's no interest I just won't do it.  Hopefully the cost would be meagre, maybe £1-5 per month/round, as the cost of producing the piece would be spread between the various supporters through their pledge for that round.

I wouldn't be offering special extra bonuses and the like (unless it got crazy popular) as that's much more work for me to do and that would mean having to increase the cost which rather defeats the object.  This is an excercise in trying to offer a lot for a little, being fair to what I need to earn and to give those that might want some of my artwork the chance to get some if it's presently beyond their means.  Art is expensive after all, it's a labour-intensive luxury item.

My prices for commissions are currently under revision while I formalise the various options and styles and decide what's going and what's staying based on previous sales and feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Been rapidly skimming this threat because I'm on my phone on holiday...but once I'm back home I definitely need to commission something from you if/when you reopen...

No stranger to commissioning art, though commissioning it of my cars will be a first I think for me unless I've forgotten something.

Lada will definitely be my first victim, but I can't help but thinking that on the bus/coach side of things that my personal favourite, the Duple Dominant II lends itself to a negative space one simply by following the brightwork...maybe look into that later too.

At the time of writing I've got one October slot left.  If I have no slots open I'm happy to take details and put you on the waiting list so I can contact you when new slots are open.  Some of the prices in this thread are out of date, I've not yet put the new commission examples together for the new prices.

Lada and Duple very welcome subject material, just the sort of thing I like to do.

Uploader isn't working properly at the moment so I can't link you to prints yet.  Thought you'd like to see what's coming next in the RedBubble shop anyway.

post-5335-0-31532700-1508626481_thumb.jpg

Yes I know there's no manky purple version.  I'm not very good at those sorts of textures in digital yet :P

Had some free time unexpectedly today so got on with making one of the other R8 variants which I'll be releasing before too long.  The Tourer was never available as a two-tone short indicator Mk1 version, which is a shame, because it looks ace.

post-5335-0-47592400-1508877222_thumb.jpg

If I could do that and connect it to a printable system, that would be really neat.  I'd really like to have a wider catalogue of vehicles so people can spec their own whatever and get it printed on a tee-shirt or whatever.  I have no idea how to do it in practice, nor how to protect the content so people don't just go in and steal everything or worse, steal it all and rehost it and profit off my hard work.  People are shits and do this sort of thing and worse, see nothing wrong with it!

post-5335-0-29914500-1508952371_thumb.jpg

Unfinished at present.  This is something I'm working on between other obligations and I'm quite pleased with it so far.  I've got Mk1-3 trim versions of the Princess and the Ambassador to cater to from this base along with a moderate range of colours.  I may even do the 100 Club special edition too.