Stolen Mustang-London area

Partridge

Hope the ownerr gets their car back, but why is it that when people have a motor nicked, 8/10 the 'information' they provide is shite?

Out of date pics, no registration or precise time/location it disappeared, no phone number etc?

The one thing that a lot seem happy to provide, is a very detailed list of all the shiny parts fitted.

I know it's incase the car is broken for spares, but I still wouldn't share that info.

more from the blue forum

[img src=http://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/q71/s720x720/1505181_10152156527982760_2142445676_n.jpg" style="MAX-WIDTH:100%]

[img src=http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/1535732_10152156525917760_1197451041_n.jpg" style="MAX-WIDTH:100%]

[img src=http://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q71/1488035_10152156522422760_302178858_n.jpg" style="MAX-WIDTH:100%]

1969 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 reg JWD9L was stolen over the Christmas period (While the owner was away) from Acton, West London. The car is white with blue side stripes & has been tidied up since these pictures were taken. The car runs a 351ci Windsor V8 & 4 speed manual gearbox.

A post on the Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain website suggests it might be in the hands of a banger racer:

Stu57 posted: “A mate of mine showed me pics of this car earlier this week he said it was on Facebook and the guy had brought it cheap to banger race it, made out that the value of the car meant nothing to him as a few people had offerd him good money but he wasn't interestedâ€Â

Anyone know anything about the current whereabouts of this car or been offered any Mustang parts recently?

Leave a desirable car on the street, watch it vanish.

I know it's bad it got stolen, but it's like waving meat in front of a wolf and expecting it not to bite.

I would not expect it to get stolen. Okay, you might get some TWOKers having a go at it once in a blue moon (does that even go on anymore, not seen any for years?) but its got to be less likely to get robbed that the equivalent BMW or Audi in desirability stakes. It might be easier to steal but its a bit of a hot potato really as it stands out like a sore thumb even for a banger racer (if one has picked it up he deserves to be caught as he is obviously dumb as fook).

I know my cars are not as desirable but I only ever have 2 in the garage at any time and would be very surprised if they were robbed.  

How desireable are these Mustangs anyway? It cant be worth that much as it looks a little ropey or is it worth a lot in parts (or insurance thinking about it)?

If you have the gall to steal something like this, it's pretty obvious one of the dubious types of banger racers has it outside his caravan, painting it green with a tin of emulsion paint he 'brought' from B&Q. Saying he had 'brought' it off someone cheap as chips is what he'll use when the police eventually catch up with him (by that stage, it'll be completely stoved in).*

It's a loud, 1960's V8, you don't see/hear many of those everyday.