seen these

hugh janass

that granny has a carmarthenshire reg "lbx" there were a few of them roaming around down here up untill about 5 years ago.i will have to get out and about with my camera more loads of total shite around here but dont get the time as i am always dooing something to my hillman imps and datsun.i see a lot of stuff on the 470 when i am working up there for nissan forklift, not shite but one that i would like to own was a toyota corolla tte supercharged on a 55 plate , flew past me on the 470 heading to cardiff.- aled

There is a lot of shite about on the A470 usually on the weekends,luckily i had my camera to hand :lol: Theres on old renault about i've been trying to get a pic of, its a big 2 door sport and i'm assuming a big lump in it too. early 80's thing,i've never seen one before.......got the camera ready :lol:

The xr2 is near swansea..pontradawe(spelling) A fair trek away from me, i'm in church village.I wish i'd never sold my old WHITE XR2 MTX 131Y :cry: Or my mk2 xr2 :cry: Christ you've got good eyes , A470 it is by cilfynydd.

Oh im in church village too! Im up the top end! Thank god that bypass is coming!! Know the feeling i miss my old mk2 XR2's

Aled ,how do you know just by the reg.LBX its from carmarthenshire. :shock: How do you find that out?

ah well -beaten to it, i know just by looking some of the old reg's for wales. any of you boys in south wales interested in a run out on a sunday we normally do a run and stop at a pub for sunday lunch, i normally arrainge it for the south wales imp club - but we normally get a few different cars coming along.

The xr2 is near swansea..pontradawe(spelling) A fair trek away from me, i'm in church village.I wish i'd never sold my old WHITE XR2 MTX 131Y :cry: Or my mk2 xr2 :cry: Christ you've got good eyes , A470 it is by cilfynydd.

Oh im in church village too! Im up the top end! Thank god that bypass is coming!! Know the feeling i miss my old mk2 XR2's
I'm up the top end too :lol: can't be far then..not far from the farmers.Thank god for the bypass, i hope it sorts out the problems by back lane by the vicarage. Yeah there was some quality shite on power station hill..that fire engine was awesome. :lol:

Ah a Ford man then, excellent, ive had a string of 5 mk2 Fiesta's 3 of which were XR2's, my last car was a Orion Ghia Si 130ps (same lump as the rs1800) so i know how well they go! Yeah im up by the Farmers too, opposite Fox Fields.Yeah my mate was telling me that the yard on Power Station hill was subject to a CPO by the council so the guy didnt have a lot of choice, but all of the shite from there was taken to his other yard in Rhydfelin.

You are about a minute walk from me :lol: I'm betting all the stuff from power station hill is in the old liners place(webbs timbers)... that guy had loads of old lorrys ,army trucks ,buses,vans.etc.

I was told its all gone to the yard in Rhydfelin, over the river by the old deralict factorys. Aparantly the guy who owned the yard on power station hill, owns the yard in Rhydfelin aswell and all the grot was shipped down there. (Dunno if thats webbs timbers or not?)Many years ago i had a walk around the yard on Power Station hill, it was very over grown even then, mainly old Army trucks and old 52 seater coaches in there, along with a few big Renault Vans and a few tractor units. Shame it was before the days of camera phones!!

Good Luck! You wont see much, theres a 10ft concrete wall right around the place. Ive been to the gate a few times, theres a lot of grot in there. I dont even know if they trade in spares or what? as much of the stuff in there is ancient. Have a look on Google earth, that will give u a good idea of the size of the place.

Good Luck! You wont see much, theres a 10ft concrete wall right around the place. Ive been to the gate a few times, theres a lot of grot in there. I dont even know if they trade in spares or what? as much of the stuff in there is ancient. Have a look on Google earth, that will give u a good idea of the size of the place.

Yeah seen the wall.lol.We used to bmx it in there before the yard was there when we was kids :lol: I've always wondered what the deal was with the guy and all these trucks,he just seems to hoard it all :?