Forthcoming site maintenance warning

Electric Leyland

Morning all.This weekend we'll be making some necessary changes and improvements to our beloved website/forum. Saturday morning to Sunday evening inclusive. You may experience some level of congestion during this period, so best pack some extra sandwiches and drinks just in case. We've backed everything up multiple times, and there shouldn't be any significant downtime occurring. We intent to stick with the general format for now, as requested by various members, so you won't notice much. Mainly we're attempting to improve the registration process to get rid of spammers, and to prevent delays with newbies registering. Hosting costs for the next 12 months have just been stumped up as we speak, so this year we will have 3 times the space and about 4 times more bandwidth. It's not cheap though, so to strengthen the Autoshite movement financially (i.e. put a few brass farthings in the meter) we are going to give GoogleAds a trial run, just to try and make this site pay for itself. If doing this offsets the costs of running the site then we will be more than happy, and for a website that generates over a million hits per month we are crazy not to.Peace and Love (of rusty old cars) to all.FromElectric Leyland, Mr H Sceptre, blakey (the shadowy techie one) and Baron Von Greenback (newer even shadowier techie one).

I applaud the site mods for their efforts and I'm sure everyone else does as well, I've had a lot of enjoyment out of Autoshite even though I've never put anything into it. Well financially at least; hopefully the time posting several hundred pics of crap old cars counts for something!

Pledge from A/S staff.

How to buy that Roadline lorry for all forum members to share.

If the daily number of unique visitors (i.e. 750 folks), for the next 50 days, clicked on the adverts constantly for 2.5 minutes a day (clicking 75 times in total @ 2 seconds per click), then:

750 x 50 x 75 x 0.1p = £2,812.50

That buys the truck and the petrol to drive it to some central locaion so we can all share it. Or just stand around with cups of tea looking at it.

Posted Image