Wanted - Your Spots...

VWPowered

seen some really good pics on the forum, i dont know any sites that feature all this 'shite' i know this site does but mostly the owners i presume..

so i did this.. nothing exciting but a great way of actually using them pictures,

anyone interested in adding..

all i need is a link to pictures..where they were taken, and your name and i'll gladly do the rest..

http://www.franco-oldtimers.com/extras.html

lets give this shite a home :D

It would be nice to have a shite "databank" site, listed alphabetically by manufacturer and each photo tagged with date seen, location etc. That way it would be searchable and easier to locate an image compared to digging through threads to find that white Tagora.Although I'm not the expert on these things; best suggestion I have would be a Photobucket account with the username/password circulated to active AS forum members?

Now that is a good idea. Something along the lines of what datsuncherry has with his reallyloud.co.uk site.We could keep looking at it for updates at our leisure but if there's anything really special (Tagora, Quintet) it could be posted on here.

It would be nice to have a shite "databank" site, listed alphabetically by manufacturer and each photo tagged with date seen, location etc. That way it would be searchable and easier to locate an image compared to digging through threads to find that white Tagora.

whilst also hopefully not being at risk of being 'purged'! :wink: Although that was mostly distressing through the loss of threads rather than images which everybody should mostly have tucked away on their PC and/or image hosting website already...This is a nice idea though & it would be good as Craig said to be able to easily find a picture of something & also who spotted it without it becoming a mission!

It would be nice to have a shite "databank" site, listed alphabetically by manufacturer and each photo tagged with date seen, location etc. That way it would be searchable and easier to locate an image compared to digging through threads to find that white Tagora.

what like this - http://www.franco-oldtimers.com/directory.html but also for extras, i could do that :)

Although I'm not the expert on these things; best suggestion I have would be a Photobucket account with the username/password circulated to active AS forum members?

not sure this would work sadly :(i just like looking at scrap in general, im one of those who turn up 'can i look around' 'no' inner thoughts 'come back sunday when there closed' :roll:

What about a Flickr group? OJC has one and it is increasingly popular: http://www.flickr.com/groups/oldjapanesecar/pool/It could be invite-only if required, thus restricting it to Autoshite members. Though the OJC one has done well not doing this, some very interesting pics on from people I've never heard of.The only thing is, you'd want to keep posting the pics over here too to keep discussions going!

Only thing about flickr is that I can't see it at work :lol:I know a lot of people who use "fotopic" but I find this a bit slow and clunky with images failing to download periodically.My suggestion for a common username/password wasn't intended to restrict viewing access - just to moderate who could upload (and delete) images.Definitely agree with the thought that a photo gallery would not be meant to take the place of AS spotting threads, but instead concentrate spots in one place. I'd like to upload all my Leicestershire spots from 2006-2007 again, sadly the last time I posted one was a few days too old for the great purge and the thread got cut-off. Although I think I still have all the photos in original hi-res format, what has unfortunately been lost is everybody's comments and further info on the vehicles seen.

cool ta chaps will lokk into those over the next few days, just been sent 250+ to add :Dnow we're getting somewhere :Dmaybe the staff here could add a coppermine gallery or something for people to add pics very easy to set up can be bridged with mambo/joomla or whatever and bridged to the forumi pay for my site and dont mind footing the cost as i love classics :D i mean its only money eh :wink:

You may also help yourself to any of the pics I've previously posted (click the links in my signature text below) though be warned I almost always reduce the size/resolution when uploading, so if there's any that you want a better quality copy of don't be afraid to ask. Offer open to everyone by the way :)

all hosted images are 375 width so not a problem :D its only mine i keep hi-res off :) again dont be scraed to ask for any of mine, most of my pics are 22mb each :wink: but reduced on site, more will be added to the larger hi-res gallery soonthanks chaps