Crete spotting. Version 2!

55bloke

I'm going to stick my neck out & claim it's actually a different one believe it or not, purely because I don't believe the owner would have gone to the trouble of matching his rear indicator for a non faded one, or even swapping an orange one for a faded yellow one! I also believe the roof rack is fractionally different!Edit: in addition to that, I think the lower one is older as the one above appears to have wraparound indicators. Also it's doubtful that the black rubbing strip from the whole length of one side of the car has come off as it clearly isn't visible in the top one, although it's a shame we can't see the same side of both cars!

I bow to your amazing powers of observation, Regie!! I hadn't looked that closely, because I didn't think it likely that 2 of these, the same colour (bearing in mind I'd never seen one before, or even been aware they exist!) could be spotted so close together!

Top work! Plenty of my Malta findings aren't going to seem very interesting now but if I'd got my act together I'd have beaten you with mine! :roll: Regarding Honda saloons I saw an oddity or two of my own in Malta which were MkIV Civic saloons, which I never knew existed. Basically, the ones which came after the ones you've pictured which Craig was asking about. So a late 80s Civic saloon then. Regarding Ballades, Acclaims & Rovers, as I understand it the Acclaim was also found as the MkI Honda Ballade (as my Corgi driving school model with the steering wing mirrors tells me). The Rover 200 series MkI was also known as the Honda Ballade MkII which used the same shell but had very different lights. However a few years ago I saw locally a C reg Honda Ballade of the Rover 200 variety which had normal MkI Rover 200 rear lights & funky small Honda recessed headlamps - it was a real oddity. I did take pictures, although god knows where they are as this was well before the days of Autoshite, they would have been taken with my film camera. It was old biddy driven so I very much doubt that she'd have gone to alot of trouble to grey import a non standard shopping trolley to get around in!I'm afraid I'm not sure how the Civic comes into the equation though as that one shown is clearly badged Civic but those body styles were usually Ballades & I thought the Civic was a smaller car than the Ballade! This is obviously one of those many cases where Japanese cars get convoluted! Send for Spotted Laurel! :lol:

Toyota Corolla van, spotted twice in different locations, but think it's the same one!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The window deflector is missing on the left side as well as those side strips... and I can't make out that wing aerial. The tail lamp Regie picked up on also looks like it might have been bodged on from another car (black tape around it?) Hmmm :)

Open to suggestions!

Posted Image

This marvellous piece of autoshite is called the Fiat Amico. As you can see, it is a weird cross between a cabriolet and a pickup that was designed and assembled in Greece, using the 127 floorpan.

Posted Image

The Amico belonged to a category of monstrosities that were created for the Greek market in the early '80s, and were supposed to appeal to people who needed both a small family car and a small van for work, but couldn't afford two cars.

Other such contraptions were the Citroen Pony (2CV based), the Renault Farma (4L based), the Daihatsu Zebra (Charade based) and the Reliant Fox (Kitten based). You can find some unexpectedly appealing brochures of all the above here !

Seat Gredos? Never heard of it!

Posted Image

You've never heard of the Gredos, because it was called the Malaga in every other country of the world. However, in Greek that would translate as the "Seat W*nker", which prospective buyers would probably not find very appealing...

Nova or Corsa?

Posted Image

"Opel Corsa Sedan", actually.

Briefly discussed on this thread Rich :)

Oh right ta! I do actually remember that thread but not the more recent replies so I must moved away from it & not looked at it since the Duna / Elba was discussed!
Then check out the Torstens Toss page 34, the Fiat Duna is a an Brazilian Fiat imported into Italy as the Innocenti Elba / Elbavan and Mille, nowt to do with an Uno as it turns out!