Reg's relics...as punctual as ever - a Bromley interlude!!

MrRegieRitmo

Why that bloody RS6 is there I dont know, I can almost guarantee I'd think the owner was a nob.

Well, it was something out of the ordinary at least, for some reason it must have been deemed a 'modern classic' according to the rules of entry! In about 15 years time I'm sure we'll all be drooling over it!The one that really got me as to what category it fitted into was a late 90s Almera with a dented door.....I mean - WTF?!?! :? Almost as bad was a C4 coupe which was being lovingly polished by it's owner as if it was going to be some kind of star attraction or something. It was lost on me anyway! :roll:

Any more info on the white Piazza? It has a sister car, D953 GYP that was mint until very recently. It was red and one of the best pre Lotuses in the country, having been maintained with no expense spared since it was new in 1987.

Unfortunately it appeared on eBay when the IPTOC tech head was away on holiday, and some nobhead drifter bought it and is currently thrashing the fuck out of it. It can't even be saved now without a total respray because it got tagged at a DWYB event.

I'm not against drifting at all - I would have given the guy mine for the price he paid because it's a bit scabby. It would have done what he wanted though - mechanically it's pretty much cock on save for a pair of rear dampers.

Why the fuck did he have to rag a nice one to bits? There's 47 Piazzas left in the UK from the 1900 odd imported, and most of those are SORN.

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-car-projects-builds/89302-isuzu-piazza-drift.html

Nice to see that white one's being appreciated though. A bit too shiny for me, but I suppose we've got both ends of the spectrum there..... :roll:

I know nuttin sorry! There was so much there I had no time to stop for anything & speak to anyone. Not even any Renner chatter, although if I'd seen a 14 or another 9 I'd have made an exception!

That Piazza is very nice though!

I'm glad there's enough good stuff on this page (like that Flaminia) to make up for the shit Saxo and the modern Germans - what are those doing there?

I can assure you I snapped that barried 106 for comedy value! The best bit is that he has no idea of my motives & probably thinks anyone taking pictures of it is obviously enamoured with it! I just want to see how he gets over speed humps! :lol:

Great stuff as usual...got any more pics of the Rochdale and Turner?i'm guessing by the spoiler at the front the Olympic had been butchered to accept wider tires at the back? almost all of them have been now which is a shame as the swage line over the rear arch is one of the nicest features of the car and it looks really unbalanced with big round arches.

Great stuff as usual...got any more pics of the Rochdale and Turner?

i'm guessing by the spoiler at the front the Olympic had been butchered to accept wider tires at the back? almost all of them have been now which is a shame as the swage line over the rear arch is one of the nicest features of the car and it looks really unbalanced with big round arches.

Is that these things?

Posted Image

Unfortunately I didn't bother snapping the rear angles of anything that had the boots / rear hatches open as it didn't seem worthwhile