Reg's relics...as punctual as ever - a Bromley interlude!!

MrRegieRitmo

I've decided to start my own proper thread for displaying my spots! :lol:

If people have a main 'spotting' thread, do they put car shows & things on it or do they get their own threads & leave this for random spots?

Well I'll just go with the flow....

Gorgeous E21 BMW 320 seen in Bedford.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Muppet motor Ford Orion seen in Whitely shopping village, Fareham...

Posted Image

Posted Image

a friend of the family's Dolomite Sprint in Hertford.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Long dead Renault 14 in Hitchin...

Posted Image

equally dead Reliant Supervan also in Hitchin.....

Posted Image

Clean Mazda 626 seen just up the road from my house.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

a sneaky pic of a colleague's lopsided Range Rover taken at the base where I work.....

Posted Image

My sister's new old first car! (she hasn't passed yet - she hasn't failed either)..... Nova 1.2

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shame that. D.V.L.A Says

The vehicle details for VRO 613S are:

Date of Liability 01 03 1994

Date of First Registration 01 09 1977

Year of Manufacture 1977

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1218CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour GREY

Vehicle Type Approval null

Are these all recent spots Rich? Back window looks absent on the R14?

The dated pictures are as written. The undated ones are from this year.I have earlier pictures of the R14 in the sunshine complete with back window, then unfortunately in those shots from 04 it appears some knob head broke it. Annoying considering it seemed to have been left alone for years up until that point, but the public footpath is right in front of it so it's not that surprising really. Infact it's surprising it'd been there all that time undisturbed - hopefully it's still there but I've not been back since. Pogweasel or someone local needs to check for us if they're passing anytime soon! :wink: Sitting in front of it in a hard to photograph position was an overgrown Hillman Avenger.

Shame that. D.V.L.A Says

The vehicle details for VRO 613S are:

Date of Liability 01 03 1994

Date of First Registration 01 09 1977

Year of Manufacture 1977

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1218CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour GREY

Vehicle Type Approval null

That's interesting, it could have possibly been on the road the year I left Hitchin! When I did the DVLA check shortly after I first found the car a few years ago (post Millennium) it said Date of Liability 1987! :shock:

I noticed they got the car (or somebody did) on the brand new S suffix on 1st Sep 1977. That makes it 7 months older than my also S plate R14.

This one has the old style numberplates I crave though!

It was weird finding this car upon return to Hitchin one day, I couldn't believe my eyes, a car I had been craving, but had so far not managed to track down, was right there in my home town! I ended up with a better example of my own in the end.

Infact I'd found my R14 just a few weeks earlier than when that picture was taken, so although I felt a pang of sadness upon seeing the above car again & noticing it had been vandalised, in the back of my mind I was content with the thought I would be receiving a present that new year / christmas from Mouseflakes that more than made up for it! Cheers Tim! Ok, yes I did give him a bit of money, but it was reasonable enough to feel like a gift! :D

East Anglia spots

Suffolk.......

Can't remember where this was.....possibly Aldborough.....rings a bell.

BMW E21 316

Posted Image

Posted Image

Derelict Volvo 740 & Peugeot 305

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lotus or Caterham 7s

Posted Image

Posted Image

Back in Chelmondiston where we were staying......

Mercedes W123 230CE

Posted Image

Posted Image

What was this one called? Too new for Sherpa, too old for LDV, too small for Freight Rover......

Posted Image

Now in Beccles....

Leyland removal lorry & LDV removal van

Posted Image

Posted Image

Somewhere else in Anglia in a car park of some sort of attraction, which can't be recalled at the moment!......

Plaxton Paramount triplets

Posted Image

Possibly a Ford R series coach & some kind of double decker coach

Posted Image

In Lavenham.....

Cute late proper style Mini with interesting plate probably worth as much as the car (ok maybe not quite!) :roll:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Subaru Sumo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ipswich station class 47s

Posted Image

Harwich......

Lotus Esprit

Posted Image

Posted Image

I drew unwanted attention from a passing car which drove past very slowly, watching me whilst I was snapping that Lotus, I can only think the driver thought I was taking pictures of those children! :shock:

Norfolk

Cromer.....

Posted Image

I drew unwanted attention from a passing car which drove past very slowly, watching me whilst I was snapping that Lotus, I can only think the driver thought I was taking pictures of those children!

Maybe he thought you'd just taken them out with a sniper rifle, that's what appears to have happened in the photo :)

Lovely Minichamps model here:

Posted Image

Yep - I'm a bit slow off the mark with that one, but it's on my list! :D

I've got an AutoArt model of the Turbo Esprit like the one I spotted above. I had one like that Minichamps one too in BRG but I think I sold it. I like the fact the Minichamps one has appropriate number plates though!

Norfolk

Cromer.....

Posted Image

Shame there's no Croma in the picture isn't it!

Ironically when I lived in Hitchin, some friends of my parents had a Fiat Croma & it always made me think of that sleepy Norfolk seaside town! Fast forward to now, the Croma's long gone but they do have a small holiday townhouse, in.......Cromer! :D

(shame the Croma wasn't around to see them move there!)

I like early Esprits best as well, same with the Countach. Don't mess with a wedge shape, keep it simple!

That is an early one, this is a late one!

Posted Image

Well I meant the early MK1 type (as per the orange one in the photo) as I think Michiel did - before they added spoilers and air intakes etc...

• 2 months later...

After a bit of a break, (but not long enough that it was lost in the great page purge disaster of early '08 ), I bring you some interesting things seen recently.....

This acquired taste Baja beetle is still available for sale just up the road from me! It's been there a while so you may be able to strike a deal....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Obviously belonging to the same owner, this other Beetle was just nearby...

Posted Image

This beautiful Saab 99 was snapped up in London the week before last. They want a pretty penny for it though!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This mouldy old MkII Transit is all I could muster from the small sleepy Gloucestershire town where my nan & aunt & uncle live when we were there at Christmas. Back in the days when my aunt & uncle first moved there around 1989 there was a wonderful selection of dumped & derelict vehicles returning to the earth near some wasteland behind the factories. I was only about 7/8 at the time though & it's all been gone for years unfortunately. I used to want us to go walking down that way specially so I could see them (see, the fascination with shite started young!) :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This gorgeous Alfa 75 was in front of us heading into Chichester on Saturday. I zoomed right in to snap it as it was weaving around the parked cars. Unfortunately I was still zoomed in when I quickly snapped it whilst it was waiting to ask for directions. It made a nice noise as it drove up to the mini roundabout & did a complete U-turn. Had some striking graphics on the side but I had no time to snap them! :roll:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This lovely Datsun 120Y coupe lives in Chichester 8)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So does this Peugeot 305 estate, I saw another one in cream just 2 roads away from this one but there were people stood next to it so I bottled out of snapping it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Most interesting sight I've seen recently, this Mondeo is so new it hasn't even had all the stickers put onto it yet! Taken just before Christmas. I believe it's not there anymore so I don't know what the outcome was!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Most interesting sight I've seen recently, this Mondeo is so new it hasn't even had all the stickers put onto it yet! Taken just before Christmas. I believe it's not there anymore so I don't know what the outcome was!

I would imagine that the 'unfinished' decals on there are as a result of accident damage being repaired on the rear door and quarter panel.The decals would be in one sheet and applied at the same time, you would not normally leave half a side like that.Isn't that 120Y coupe fantastic....really gorgeous.