Brown interior poll on another forum!

M'coli

A forum that I frequent has this poll on the go currently:

Question: Are you bothered about a brown dash & interior ?Not bothered at all - 4 (100%)old mans car but i'll live with it - 0 (0%)would never been seen dead in one - 0 (0%) Total Voters: 4

Good stuff!

Can't beat a bit of brown. Umm, er, I mean....A welcome break in these days of homogenised blandness when dashboards are available in only a tiny number of styles/finishes...i.e.(1) Elephant's arse effect grey (poverty spec)(2) As above with a liberal splattering of cheap faux-chrome (sporty/modern pretensions)(3) As per (1) with a liberal splattering of cheap, strangely shiny faux-wood (luxury pretenstions)And that's all the differentiation you get. Every vehicle will be quiet but unexceiting with disappointing performance, a bone-jarring ride due to over-large wheels and rock hard seats. :evil::evil::evil:

Here's some brown dashboard action for you, the OJC uploading thing is a bit knackered today so I've nabbed some pics off SL.

Charmant sports a nice light brown with woodgrain trim:

Posted Image

(nicked from SL)

Stanza has a similar arrangement, but a bit more plasticky:

Posted Image

Galant wins:

Posted Image

(nicked from SL)

Got two brown interiors in current fleet and it doesn't really offend me. It's a definite talking point with new passengers!

My preference is for the other wildly colour coded interiors from the 80s like blues and burgundies. Vauxhall did some belting greens on early Novas, Mazda were good at completely blue interiors and this Accord has a lovely cabin where virtually nothing is left un-matched:

Posted Image

Posted Image

From my 1600-engined Fiesta Ghia a few years ago, this car is now in bits awaiting reassembly as an XR2 replica but its lovely velour beige and brown-ness is safely stored away in a dry Edinburgh loft.

Hey that's supa kool.

Mrs Pog's first car had that interior too, though techically it was only a 1.3L Fezza.

It was also AWESOME in that it was hearing aid beige with a BROWN vinyl roof.

Bollocks to this "B289" stuff with VW's. "B2-95" is where it is at.