Pre 68 cars to be raced this Sunday Hednesford

monzaE

Hello folks, it's my first post on here so I dont wish to offend :) .I have raced ovals for over 33 years now and in some cases regretably raced some cars I wish I still owned, but it's no good crying over spilt milk :lol: I can understand alot of the attitudes and opinions of oval racers that some people have of them but 99 percent of them would give the shirt of their backs(if they were wearing one!!!) The cars they race tn the main are unwanted by enthusiasts,car restorers e.t.c. they just love their particular choice of hobby , at least its car oriented and for that at least we should be grateful.

Whilst I've already aired my views of banger racing - esp regards the classics - reference the excellent article from Wasted Magazine, Mr Grumpy 152 is fairly local to me & is often seen to sell classics on ebay. I must add he is NOT the type to put "if it doesn't get enough money it'll be bangered" in his listings! I think I've met him before at his yard & IF its the same guy, he was as sound as a pound. If its not the same guy then there's another racer in the same area who is a genuinely nice chap.

I was needing parts for my old 16/60 & was free to have a look around to see if there was anything that I needed from his stock. As it happens he had an a60 - rotten as a pear & a more solid Oxford at that time, about 8 years ago now. Anyway I needed doors & all of them were worse than mine & now my car is sadly history anyway so thats the end of that.

I've bought parts from Jim (Mr Grumpy 152) a couple of times, and can quite safely say he is a classic car fan.

I've seen some of his wares due to be raced and they have been prime frag feed, classic or otherwise, needing plenty of metal let in to make raceworthy.

If you meet him, ask to see his classic collection, his Mk1 RS2000, its simply stunning.

Cheers.

sorry about that people :oops: but here we are 5 years later and i have tried hard to offer a renault 9 (of the same age at the time) with little interest

my point of posting both pics was onlly to say that i regret crushing the tl auto ,was very up setting at time and racing the others (over 100 :shock: ) previosly seemed less of a waste and i promise i do love 16s and promise not to do it again :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

check out my R20 diesel tow car !

Posted Image

will try to make up for it by posting some fresh local spots including a renault 15 ts citroen cx etc

They're just cars - in the grand scheme of things it's nothing to get upset about.I've scrapped cars in the past because I couldn't find anyone to GIVE them to. If I was a banger racer I would no doubt have raced them instead of waving them off on a flat bed. These days - thanks to t'interweb, there's far more chance you'll find someone who could make use of them - forums like this and ebay have such a wide reach.mr-reno-139 does a good job of storing rare spares (no doubt at considerable cost in rent) and doing his best to let folk who need them know - thus keeping many old heaps on the road these days.Love the shot with the two 16s, 20 and a 12 - could almost be France!