Mitsubish Carisma - Who knows what?

Swampy21

Might be a bit new and not quite shite for here, but I may have just possibly bought one of these and was wondering what can/does go wrong with them?

It's an 02 plate 1.9 Dizeasel and seems quite tidy, but i don't particularly want any dizeasel dizasters..........Especially when All I know about them is they're an S40 in disguise.

Yes, they're bland and boring, but that suits me fine because I am :-P

Any Ideas chaps?

Deffo future-shite.

You've already twigged that these are dull as ditch-water. All I know about them is that they are probably the most ironically named vehicle of EVAR!

I think Wuvvum may have had the misfortune of owning one, a while ago.

Surely these can't be that bad? Everything I've heard is not good, personality wise, but as long as it's reliable? I think they're quite tidy looking, and those quirky styling bits like the grille are 'futur-retro-shite'.

Mitsubishi_Carisma_front_20071026.jpg

it featured inline-four gasoline engines from 1.6 L (introduced later in life) to 1.8 L, a 1.8 L gasoline direct injection engine, and 90 hp (67 kW) 1.9 Lturbodiesel powerplants sourced from Renault, later with the 100 hp (75 kW) 1.9 DI-D common rail diesel engine, the same as used in both Volvo and Renault cars. 

They're the same as these underneath (Wira/Waja):

Proton_Waja_%28first_generation%29_%28fr

A mate had the 1.6 version, I hated driving it, dull as hell, but huge boot and reliable. My sister now has a Volvo V40 with the 1.8 petrol engine in it and its much better. The Carisma my mate had took a lot of abuse (including being thrashed around Cadwell Park) and from memory the only issue he had was with getting replacement droplinks.

My brother in law had one and said there was nothing wrong with it apart from it's blandness.

To be honest he was glad it was bland and reliable after the OMGHGF of his Rover 214 previously that I advised he bought :oops: . We don't talk much anymore...

I used to drive them when they first came out, from what I can remember they were pleasant enough to drive, the gearbox was a bit wooly and the handling was uninspiring but they were comfortable and roomy, a work mate had a X plate 1.6 which was used as a local taxi and had covered 200k without any drama.

I had a (lack of) Carisma for a few weeks a couple of years ago during that really bad winter. Minus points were the low grade, and in some cases, sticky plastics on the inside and the strange way that even water spillages on the seats looked like Dubious Unexplained Stains. Plus points were that it always started even when buried under snow and kept on the road even when everything else 2WD was slithering off. It was sold on to a particularly clumsy driver but is still on the go, albeit now looking a bit like that Toyota pick-up on Top Gear a few years ago. File under Highly Practical Shite.

I got a import charisma 1.6 turbo only bad side I say wireing is bad. Just keeps on going wont die so wife won't let me get a new car. Left it standing for 9 month fired up 1st time not missed a beat. I had mine from 32k on the clock its never failed its mot and its on 110k now and still going. only thing I have replaced its the main parts brake pads and disk,  tyres, exhausted to stainless steel straight through pipe as my cat went it was the cheaper option when I got given it for free. k&n air filter to go green as I don't need to keep on changing it "one last thing to be put in the ground"