Kennedy's captures - 1st May - Science

seth

I did register a (free) flickr account Keef, but its methods annoyed me at the time so I wasn't going to pay to be able to stick up more pictures. It seems to have become the choice of the amateur photographer now though so maybe I will?SL, those bungalows are a couple of hundred yards up and on the other side of the road from the ones that were on herer a few months ago via "Derilict London" The third one along was just as bad but was redevevloped into some charity offices or something about 10 years ago. I don't know why these others aren't just pulled down.

its methods annoyed me at the time

It's not ideal, but the facility to create groups etc. is very good and the likes of Photobucket don't seem to have picked up on this.
Agreed. I struggled with Flickr when I set my account up a couple of years ago and ignored it for a while, but now I’ve got to grips with it I find it pretty good. I end up seeing all sorts of things by accident, spotting cars in old bus photos and street scenes, that sort of thing. I suspect some of the bus people get a bit sniffy about their photos being ‘hijacked’, but others welcome it.You soon suss out who posts interesting things, either in terms of photographic content or just the description. Sometimes you might find just one photo in a search or that has been invited to a group, you’ll click onto that person’s photostream and find a wealth of fascinating pictures.As Keef suggests, it’s very easy to set up a group if you can’t find something already there, and invite along a few like-minded folk to get it going. I stumbled across a Mitsubishi Tredia Turbo at the weekend, in an old scanned photo. That alone must justify my time there...

I suspect some of the bus people get a bit sniffy about their photos being ‘hijacked’, but others welcome it.

LOL I am sure you are right but some of the bus photos have great content: pics *and* comments.

You soon suss out who posts interesting things, either in terms of photographic content or just the description. Sometimes you might find just one photo in a search or that has been invited to a group, you’ll click onto that person’s photostream and find a wealth of fascinating pictures...

That's why i love it, Everyday I'll stumble along something interesting, My favorites list is getting bigger all the time, I also like the way that you can see how many people have been looking at your photostream and what forums have been linking your stuff.Back on topic I love the natural history and science museums, They are the funnest thing you can do in London for free!.

I do use Flickr to search for photos. All of this "group" stuff is a bit like the social networking I don't do any of on-line. Maybe I should give it another go though. :? N-B. If you should ever get hold of a Contessa coupe I would be down like a shot to drool!

• 1 month later...

Here's dump from the last couple of months of phone spots.

Posted Image

This non-car related bank-shite date amused me.

Posted Image

The local Sunny coupe at last. Since this sighting I've been past where it lives and it wasn't there so I hope it hasn't been cubed to make way for a Perodua

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Maybe the bloke that built that "bullet" metro was actually a genius?

Posted Image

Sadly the Daily Mail beat me to this one and found it a useful excuse to write some complete dross. When I first caught a glimpse of it when I drove by a few weeks ago I thought it was Lynx Eventer as my mind obviously registered "Jaguar estate". Unfortunately not.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spotted this in Soho while in town on Friday!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That Aston looks like a pukka DB4GT, must be a brave owner to leave that on the street for any length of time. The thunderbird shot is fantastic, if it weren't for the Skoda creeping in to shot it could be straight out of a late 60s British thriller. Very atmospheric.16/10 for spotting