Kennedy's captures - 1st May - Science

seth

Wedding anniversary today so we got mutha_Seth in to babysit and went up town for a meal and stuff. Went for a walk after eating and...

OMG Charmant!

Posted Image

Posted Image

On Bond Street too!

Posted Image

Also spied was this P50 in the entrance way to some weird and wonderful museum/tourist trap in the Trocadero.

Posted Image

I also had a mega suburban shite find last week. Was dropping something work related off in deepest Wembley and spotted a CPT on a trailer up a side road so naturally went to investigate. CPT challenge not too hard once I'd got closer but I was amused to see something like this set up on the "public highway"

Posted Image

Posted Image

As I wondered past it to take a look around I noticed the front of a B poking out from the back alley.

Posted Image

But check what was behind it!

Posted Image

Crab, auntie Rover and further back an oldish Beetle!

Here's some other spots from the last week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mrs_Seth got excited by this one. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

That'll do for now.

Nice pics, Charmant looks pretty damn good.Does the Trocadeo centre still have the rear halves of some cars stuck to the wall? - I went in about seven years ago with Sista Lobster and her fella and they had an area with a few car based arcade games (GTi Club or whatever) and above them, on the wall they had the rear half of a Mk1 R5, Mk1 Golf and Metro (I think). That impressed me quite considerably I should say.

• 4 weeks later...

No idea Mr Lobster. I haven't been inside for about 15 years I should think.

Here's a bit of a mega clear out from the last month or so in very non-chronological order.

Posted Image

Bad photo but we coincidently caught up with this Elan on our way from our campsite to Goodwood for the FoS and I immediatly recognised it. Its had one owner since about 1968 - he was one of my dad's best mates from Uni :D

Posted Image

Same weekend south coast supermarket car park spot

Posted Image

Volvo doing what comes naturally

Posted Image

Nice!

Posted Image

Top spot of recent times was this Urraco (?) this week, local to me just pootling along in the suburbs

Posted Image

These taken from the backseat of my mum's Yaris for added shiteness.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Goodwood car park spots.

Name that car in ....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think these were M25 homeward bound from the South.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not at all shite but good to see one out of captivity.

Posted Image

Took this on the way to the Retro Show at Santa Pod. It turned up there later.

Posted Image

This threesome however obviously went somewhere else or just got lost of the day as I didn't come across them at the show

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

On a recent drive back from the Torsten dungeon of tat I saw something interesting joining in the fray at Hyde Park Corner. Period bodykit too!

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa65/sethke/Spotted2/Spotted_0705.jpg

And proof, if it were needed that money does not buy you taste I present this Maybach, vinyl wrapped in matt black and orange with chrome RRR letters on the back.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa65/sethke/Spotted2/Spotted_0707.jpg

This is more like it for top class London Chauffeuring.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa65/sethke/Spotted2/Spotted_0708.jpg

E-type escaping from theHatfield tunnel.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa65/sethke/Spotted2/Spotted_0711.jpg

Finally a T-bird escaping from RoG at Knebworth last week.

VW-P, yes a Ghia under the blue tarp. Michiel wins the prize for obscure car name calling though :D

As an addendum to Pogs rodz and kustomz photos here's some of mine.

Gen U Wine '32 3 window.

Posted Image

From another Galaxie

Posted Image

Doc Hudson

Posted Image

More of the super cool Rekord.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OH NOES! I HAZ SILLY EXPRESIONZ! (even the bloke in the background noticed!)

Posted Image

Quality Minor interior

Posted Image

and windscreen decals.

Posted Image

Have I broken it yet?

Posted Image

Can anyone identify this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Photo taken by a four year old :D

Posted Image

Not a successful weekend for all.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that van's a Cob. I reckon its definitely got a continental feel to it, besides the Belgian (?) plate

Some more for you. Spotted this from Pogs favourite petrol station but I don't know what it is either.

Posted Image

Vintage trailer

Posted Image

This Toledo looked pretty sound, with young couple occupants. Dead brake light for shiteness though :D

Posted Image

The rest are from Sunday's jaunt to the VSCC Prescott hillclimb.

Posted Image

Followed this excellent shooting brake/possible camper? (curtains) in.

Posted Image

The car in front is not a VW in drag :wink:

Posted Image

Some better true shite in the plebs car park.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There seemed to be loads of classic car activity on the way home. Loads of Morgans buzzzing around as I think their centenary do is next week. Caught up with this nice early Spitfire and got a wave from the driver (we were in the Herald)

Posted Image

Nice to see it still on steels too.

Posted Image

A40 petrol stations were popular.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saw this Minor at the Headington roundabout. Then followed it almost all the way home having established that it was probably the one that lives about a 1/4 mile away!

Posted Image

Posted Image

This looked a bit povo spec. 520.

Posted Image

Yes, they did, though the US-centric information on wikipedia denies it.Have you sorted out your truck yet? :D

Did they? I only thought they came with the V6, or a 4 cyl Turbo petrol.Lovely though, Their on my list, but I thought only sold in very odd markets, US, Switzerland, and Sweden.

Yes, they did, though the US-centric information on wikipedia denies it.Have you sorted out your truck yet? :D

It's here but it's currently SORNed awaiting a cover note with the correct registration so I can tax it. I only got a week on the road with it but I've already smoked out two drivers who were too close behind me. :D

• 1 month later...

Here's an update following a long bank holiday weekend spent up in Norfolk, at a campsite near Sandrigham.

Katie tried to capture a few of the fabled A1 Volvo yard on the way past but wasn't helped by an artic parked across the front...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kings Lynn TR

Posted Image

We popped into the "Museum of Lynn Life" A house with rooms decorated and fitted out to display different eras. This one probably suits most shiters tastes.

Posted Image

There was also a display of industy in the town. Thought this phot was worth photographing for you :wink:

Posted Image

A quite strange/erie and most English event was the Wolferton scarecrow festival. The village was built to house a station used exclusively by the royal family when they went to Sandringham and is in a complete timewarp. Queenie stopped using it in the sixties.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A visit to "the big house" netted this bug in teh car park...

Posted Image

.. a couple of Charles' early vehicles... (Do want the 2 stroke powered midget racer!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

...and some of the fleet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Own petrol pumps too. I suspect the Volvo is used for discreet shopping trips.

Posted Image

Back on site, this combo pulled in the day before we left. 2CV and Dandy. Anyone you know Wobbler?

Posted Image

Journeyed home via the Swaffham wind turbine. Another Land Speed Record recently came to British shores with this earlier in the year. Powered by nothing but the wind up to 126mph.

Posted Image

And a nice, very honest looking, possibly one owner 635 when we were nearly home.

Posted Image

Nary a comment on the Veyron! True shiters, one and all. I salute you!Seriously, I'm well impressed - you chaps/chapessess are more impressed with an old knackered 240 missing a door. Soo-fucking-perb!Scrap the scrappage scheme - the future is here!

Incidentally, just seeing that Beemer 6 - my mate is a disabled Northern Ireland veteran and drives a M635CSi. No concessions to the wheelchair - he gets himself in, fucks the chair onto the passenger seat and drives like a loony on the hand controls me and my uncle made him. Legend.

Nope. Don't recognise that one Seth. If this was over the bank holiday weekend, they should have been at our meet!

It turned up on Monday afternoon so might have been extending the 2CV weekend and making a longer holiday of it? Not sure where your meet was.