Anyone got £3K?

Father Ted

My stepdad went through some big legal hassle after his ex-wife stopped paying the finance on one because it was so useless. It was a gussied-up white 55 like in that bottom pic.

Finance on a Yugo 55!!! That's like a tramp taking a mortgage out on a cardboard box :lol: :lol:

Comedy analogy - but I'm pretty sure Yugo/Lada/Skoda/FSO dealers were the forerunners of "Yes Car Credit" back in the day. That's part of the reason why the cars used to get a bad rep for unreliability - a lot of first owners had the wherewithal to buy the car, but not to pay for any repairs or servicing...Treated properly they were probably no more or less reliable than anything else really, blindingly obvious design/manufacturing faults notwithstanding.

What a load of defechi these things were! Back in 1986 my mate's Dad was a franchised (!) delaer for these heaps of scrap. All the UK extras (door bins, wheeltrims, badging etc) arrived in the boot of the car and his staff had to stick all the shite on. A great many cars also arrived without any gear oil in them...

He eventually told the UK import concessionaire to "foxtrot oscar" and counted off the days until all the warranties were up. My next door neighbour bought one which threw a conrod at 13 months and 5000 miles old. My Dad and her husband stuck an Uno 55 engine from a scrap car in it.

Thankfully, The RAF flattened the factory in a NATO operation in the former Yugoslavia. HA!