Audi R8

pompei

Was followed by one of these on Friday through the M18 roadworks. Then it shot past very quickly. Impressive looking beast, but isn't it funny how you can almost tell that its German, in the same way you can sense that other exotics are Italian? Or am I talking shite as usual?

in the same way you can sense that other exotics are Italian? Or am I talking shite as usual?

Well by 'other' exotics I'm afraid there's only Ferrari left that's still Italian (who owns Maserati?) VW will eventually own everybody in the end. It will be a three way tug of war between GM, Ford & VW with VW eventually emerging as the sole owners of everybody else. :roll:

Bee yew tiful car though!! And it'll never be shite! Your comment about it being obviously German prompted a though to occur to me- do you remember the days when you could tell instantly which country you were in, or in which a picture was taken, just from the cars? Wherever you are these days, everything looks the same! Bloody Ford Focus' and Peugeot 207s everywhere!

Had a seat and a good look at one at AutoStadt in Wolfsburg.They are gorgeous...my new no:1 Want...maybe in 20 years time??

By the way, anyone else been to the VW factory in Wolfsburg? Some very nice old classics in the museum building...You'll have to excuse the pics, I had ridden 200 miles in the pouring rain on my bike, and me camera was a bit wet.....

Posted Image

R8 in the Audi building

Posted Image

Passat estate in the museum

Posted Image

Audi 50

Posted Image

Vw Santana-made in China

Posted Image

porsche 914

Posted Image

Mk1 Scirocco

Posted Image

Golf Country

Posted Image

My mates VW T25 Doka Syncro...this thing was awesome off road I WANT ONE!!!