Premium Shite For Sale - Rover Vitesse £300

RobT

Anyone interested in a bit of executive motoring?  I bought this with the intention of ‘saving it’ as its fate was uncertain (sucker that I am!) so time to move it on before the tax runs out.  MoT is until April 2014 and tax end of September.  I’ve cleaned it up a bit as it was manky, put a new front OS tyre on and that’s about it.  Bodywork is a tad scruffy despite looking OK in the pics, a few dings here and there and the roof lacquer is gone.  Also has roof rot in the sunroof aperture which might seal its long term fate…. Drives fine though and is lovely and quiet on the move, until you turn left that is and it makes a clonking/rubbing noise.  Also creaks a bit on full lock at low speeds so something steering rack related I’d imagine.  Electrics mostly work (door mirrors don’t and trip computer screen is blank in places) and roof lining is gone.

On the plus side the cambelt and waterpump were done 2 years ago, minimal use since then, and has been regularly serviced being a one family owner car since new.  All this is verbal as the owner couldn’t find the history, but him and the wife seemed trustworthy sorts.  I took it for a 50 mile run recently and it didn’t break down once, so is reliable too :smile: 

post-5013-0-95208200-1375281355_thumb.jpg

post-5013-0-26351200-1375281368_thumb.jpg

post-5013-0-34567300-1375281378_thumb.jpg

post-5013-0-14713900-1375281570_thumb.jpg

post-5013-0-08314100-1375281395_thumb.jpg

Where's Lord Sterling?

I think he'll have a trouser tent over the thought of buying this for little over scrap money.

I'd already been offered the car, but I simply cannot take it on due to too many commitments at the moment. I have been offered a mint 1986 825 Sterling which is going to cost me a princely 4-figure sum, I have sort of commited myself to buying it despite not having the money but I have some time to make it up. Plus of course I have a potential barn to rent and the additional costs to transporting my current stock of cars and parts over to the barn should it come through. Add that to not knowing if I have any work after my coming jaunt to Brussels is making it very difficult to take anything on.

I will say this, having seen that Dolly's Merc hasn't shifted yet, I can't see this shifting any faster. If by the end of August I have a clearer knowledge of what is going on and it hasnt shifted, I will contact you Rob about taking it off your hands. I won't see this go to scrap.

Swap for a really nice* Maestro?

mmm, I do have a weakness for beige BL tin, but on this occassion, no :wink:   I could see Gary rolling around in this, but the fuel economy may hurt his wallet a bit.

Edit: Don't worry Mo it won't got for scrap, there's two months tax left so hopefully someone will buy it and drive it home by then.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone fancy this?  I'll be picking up an R8 (at last!) next weekend so no room at the inn for this big Rover now.

Will keep dropping the price in £25 increments until one of you lot has it... :smile:   Still has tax until end of September so is 'ready to go' as they say.

Arse, the more you keep dropping price, the more I'll get interested, as it happens I have about 3 x £350s at my disposal, but I also have: NO space, a possibility of moving out of this country for good, a possible Lady_Sterling in waiting and a future opportunity to buy the holy grail of 800s; a D-reg Sterling.

Please don't do this to me.......:(

I'll be picking up an R8 (at last!)

Since meeting you last year I've never doubted the fact, but this statement has confirmed you as a man of fine, fine taste. 

New thread please, with lots and lots of pictures. Thank you Sir.

Since meeting you last year I've never doubted the fact, but this statement has confirmed you as a man of fine, fine taste. 

New thread please, with lots and lots of pictures. Thank you Sir.

Will do Joe.  It's a 416 GTi and I was meant to see it on Saturday but the Sierra threw a wobbly so couldn't go.  But I've arranged to buy it unseen anyway, I'll find out if I've bought a pup next Sunday.

Junkman - 'tis indeed the one Tony Pond took around the Manx circuit, although I presume his was a manual.  You could try the same in this old girl but it'd probably kill it!

Junkman - 'tis indeed the one Tony Pond took around the Manx circuit, although I presume his was a manual.  You could try the same in this old girl but it'd probably kill it!

And me in the process. However, I somehow find the idea of having the knowledge to have 160mph on tap, while cruising along a motorway at less than half that speed, most appealing.

It's a crying shame that I can't afford to buy everything. I really must vote for the communists next time.

Aw, hnnnnng etc. Sadly the only way for me to take it on would be to flog the Golf, and as Mrs Wobbler likes the Golf, and hates big cars, I can't risk my marriage on this occasion. Annoying as an 827 Vitesse has been on my wish list forever!

Keep Golf for Rachel, Disco for play, 2CV just because; buy Rover for you. Go back to four cars, you know it makes sense - especially at that price...

:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

One more price drop before I start dealing with dreamers and fuckwits.  £300 anyone?  I did 400 miles in it this weekend no problem.  There's a vibration around 72-75mph so most of the time I just pootled along the motorway at 65mph.  I shared the driving with the missus and she stormed along a bit faster than me, hence the 26mph average :roll:

Oh, and the MoT is until 7th February rather than the April I said previously.

[pointlesscomment]

I'd quite fancy this but I can't be arsed travelling to London from Scotlchland for it.

[/pointlesscomment]

I could possibly get it to Dunfermline for you - although might struggle this month before the tax runs out - and I am not sure I could do that distance at 65 given Rob's latest comments - so this is a further pointless comment!!

• 4 weeks later...