Shite by Night

shite_meister

Welcome once again to another of Jersey's showcase of tat. taken at night just last night and all taken in the space of a couple of hours.

Posted Image

Not a massive Ford fan but am attracted to this Sierra 2.0 Ghia in a way that is unnatural. clean bodywork and has been here yonks.

Posted Image

Tidy XR4i but wheel offset/inset just plain silly, I'd like to see the owner strapped to a chair and made to listen to a whole Natasha Beddingfield album.

Posted Image

Another.

Posted Image

And another, did see another mk1 but strange people were looking at me...probably thinking I was strange.

Posted Image

It'll be all white on the night......Nice ezzer, rotten sills-no doubt lightweight RS racing spec. nice wheelage mind.

Posted Image

Ah the shark, this fine example of a shark boasts E34 alloys, is fairly tidy except the grot starting on the driver's door and is a 528i. Cold night makes paintwork look bad-tis just the cold I promise.

Posted Image

Onion

Posted Image

Cavalier attitude, not often you'll see one of these anymore. went to see an SRi 130 once, lad said it had a porsche engine, he was plainly dense.

Posted Image

Scooby van-note 4 wheel drive version.

Posted Image

Saab soft-top

Posted Image

Caddy

Posted Image

MG

Posted Image

Lotus

Posted Image

Posted Image

another onion

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fiat 131 SuperMirafiori

Posted Image

Musty Justy, although this appears (if you squint) to be a refection it is in fact just two pieces o'shite having a head-to-head.

Posted Image

Rangie and Freight Rover.

Posted Image

Volvo 340, retro-rear-wheel drive, much nicer than a Maestro....surely?

Posted Image

Vauxhall

Posted Image

Posted Image

Vauxhall Victor

Posted Image

Landy series 3, been here an age, has weller wheels and is the ideal tat for spotting crocks du'shite in

Posted Image

Big bmw 735i for sale at £650, ironic seeing that a mini of same age would probably go for more now, in good nic-car headlights shining on it and again the condensation from the cold weather make it look worse.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc311/shite_meister/IMG_0221.jpg

Oh my good god, I think I've just made a mess, this is the highlight of my evening, wonderfully shite old 2002 with turbot arches (not mad on the arches) and bloody lovely retro Alpina alloys. I want this car. Rotten as a peach though.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc311/shite_meister/IMG_0222.jpg

The bonus for me was the Crapi keeping it company, things just don't get much better than this. missus just doesn't understand.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc311/shite_meister/IMG_0191.jpg

Gold Acclaim just keeps on going, note brake dust on tyres.

and for mk2 craig:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc311/shite_meister/IMG_0192.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc311/shite_meister/IMG_0224.jpg

these pics were taken in just over two hours in a fairly small section of Jersey, I ought to set up some shite tours really but then people might get a bit funny with an AEC Routemaster belching out smoke late at night in their driveways whilst a collection of men who should no better make strange noises whilst having a prod around some old crap.

Cheers

Wow I am impressed,

Wondered what had happened to that VX orange and white estate thing

used to park between Millbrook/Bel Royal on the inner road.

Had been meaning to track down that tidy silver mk2 Fiesta L

(seen it a coupla times on my bike ride into work along the front).

Think I saw that white mk2 Cav today actually -

thats another one you've saved me from chasing after -

also clocked that mk2 Esc but hey they're nearly beyond shite status now.

Do know where there's at least one more Beemer 02 near to where you snapped the other mk2 Fez though,

pics tomoz maybe if I can haul my arse out of bed early doors.

EDIT. Screw Routemasters (need to go to Guernsey for one of those damn things),

this is the only way to tour.

Posted Image

Fantastic pics, and quality captions!Routemasters on Guernsey - where? Never saw 'em. I was there when they replaced all the Optare minibus jobs with proper full-size single deckers - I believe head of Transport for the States of Guernsey took a bung off his brother who runs a busco on the mainland - bloody carnage with these things going through walls, houses, off the pier at Castle Cornet - fantastic.That 528i is giving me some serious E28 horn, I prefer 'em on E39 rims but that's just me. And that Mirafiori! I assume that it must have been delivered to Jersey when new (rather than the UK) due to the low reg number.I assume that a lot of the stuff piled up in one place is going to be used for sandracing or summat?

Posted Image

Routemasters on Guernsey a recent innovation. Evidence HERE, HERE and HERE!

The new fleet for Guernsey are in fact special NARROW Dennis Darts...

in a size the manufacturer refused to build until they got a sizeable order

(i.e. replacing the entire front line service bus fleet on the island) -

Jersey bought similar vehicles shortly afterwards :lol:

Regarding the allocation of J numbers...

lower ones are recycled e.g. after vehicles are exported/broken up.

Most dealers are allocated the higher numbers.

Personal imports and re-registrations after number swaps are often lower numbers re-used.

mk2 craig-the red 2002 and fiat X19 are in St Peter yes, have been trying for ages to snap that gold/rust SD1 for ages but its gone-its Tat in the truest sense of the word. The Fiat 131 I belive was a UK import about a year or two ago via the magic of eBay-was told the plates are from the owner's old Toyota Landcruiser FJ60.I used to drive that Sumo van, the red 4-wheel drive engage button winking at me from the top of the gearknob was just too much to handle and one day I engaged it.....not entirely according to the strict instruction either-wasn't too happy from memory. had neat little fold-down rear seat if I remember.

Beautiful shite by nite, shite_meister. You have the edge on rust & atmospheric corrosion being an island of course. No doubt your govt. & the world's car manufacturers also make sure that plenty of high octane salt is sprinkled on your roads whenever there's a slight frost. Well, that's what they seem to do here.

• 1 month later...

The Fiat 131 I belive was a UK import about a year or two ago via the magic of eBay-was told the plates are from the owner's old Toyota Landcruiser FJ60.

In which case I hope he hasn't been using either car on the road!!