Autoshite cruise holiday

Mr_Bo11ox

Hey, this is slightly OT but I think it will appeal to shiters.

I went for an adventure into N Wales this weekend with Ms_B. We were ambling along the coast road, when to my surprise a MASSIVE RUSTY STEAM SHIP appeared to my left side. Obviously I screeched to a halt and snapped it before it got away. Here it is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I could hardly believe my eyes at the qualityness of this great rusting hulk of shite. It was mega well secured with razor wire and the like, and looked sufficiently spooky that i didnt dare get too close.

Of course, i looked it up in the interwebz when I got home. Apparently its been parked there since 1979 and is concreted into the ground!

The people who own it, when they first got it intended to turn it into some sort of snazzy hotel complex. But the local authorities put the kibosh on that, and apart from briefly using is as a 'fun ship' with amusements, bar and so on, then using it as a warehouse, nowts really happened with it since.

here it is when it first arrived at its currrent spot.

Posted Image

Seems like it was the absolute bollocks of UK cruise ships at one time, check out this inside!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Heres a few bits of info about this facinating item of world class shite.

http://www.irishseashipping.com/heritage/subsite/wales/dukeoflancaster021206/dukeoflancaster021206.htm

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18739

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=32271

Seems it has almost mythical status amongst urbex folk, due to being very well secured and possibly having a hard as nails security guard living on it!

Awesome!!Just looked at the 28DL link and one of them has a pic of the arcade complete with original Asteroids/Space Invaders etc...Was in North Wales myself on Saturday at the Llangollen Balloon Festival, did a little urbexing of my own around a derelict hotel on the outskirts of the town.

Does exploration usually involve forced entry and the risk of prosecution? It's something I'd be interested in doing but not interested enough to get a police record over it.

I haven't had to force my way into any buildings for a long time. If you're smart about it, you'll find a legitimate way into most places without anybody knowing about it. A lot of places are wide open, even those with security.Trespass isn't even a crime in Scotland, and is only a civil offence in the rest of the UK.[/i]

There used to be a market right outside the ship itself and I remember the tales of it being a nightclub or something like that and the supposed hotel plans.It does make you wonder why they're so keen to keep people away though: H&S Nazis aside, what's the big deal with it?Maybe it's full of illicit Lada spares or summat?