U.S. Car dealer old rammle selection

vicsmith

I was looking at an american car dealer`s website a couple of months ago, and was enchanted by his remarkably austere "Death row" section:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Presuming you can still sell stuff on a knacker pad over there.

Not sure why none are priced up, but all were around $1000 if I remember right.

Lineage II is a medieval-style fantasy MMORPG and a true continuation of the original Lineage. Adena is the currency (Lineage 2 money ) in Lineage II. The more Lineage 2 adena you have,the better items you may get. Buy Lineage adena would be the best way to get a large sum of Lineage

adena.Lineage 2 account features considerably enhanced first-person 3D graphics over its predecessor by utilizing the Unreal 2.0 Engine developed by Epic Games. There are five choices of races to play in this MMOG; Dark Elf, Dwarf, Elf, Human or Orc, and a player can keep up to seven characters on a server. Gameplay is either solo or grouped and either PvE or PvP. In order to gain experience points, new skills, and various item drops, monsters can be battled and quests can be completed. Also, there are many social, political and economic aspects to participate in as you travel the expanse of Aden.

Just realised that the Bluebird (Stanza to them) has whitewalls! Excellent work.

Posted Image

What's this one? Pontiac or something.

It is superb though - nice to see somewhere in the world can still persevere with stuff like this.

Jeez, that Mazda people-carrier thing looks like the best of a very shitty bunch.I can't say I'd part with $1000 for any of those.

Agreed. You'd have to be funking desperate to buy any of that sh1te wouldn't you?It's like a sea of horible blandness looking at all the junk on sale.

Bit harsh, looks like an alright selection to me! I'd quite happily drive any or all of them, even that ghastly blue Geo thing.I think it's a great little lot, I didn't think stuff like this survived in the US. Way too smart condition to be junk, wouldn't really describe them as bland either to be honest! Nearly all of them get decent shite-cred in my eyes, that Pontiac Bonneville is something else! I would be delighted to hurtle round the US in that mean looking thing (or possibly the chrome-covered Ford Taurus).

^^^ Agreed, I bet those are old lil 'ol lady trade-ins which would get KRUSHED over here due to lack of storage space while a buyer is found. They all look in respectable condition compared to some of the horrendous cow crap pictured in Fordpolier's thread :)

Everybody needs a car in America, therefore anything that runs and can pass an emissons test and a (very cursory in many states) 'roadworthiness inspection' will sell. The Bluebird, Bonneville or 323 are probably the best actual cars there, but I'd have the circa 1989 Chrysler New Yorker for maximum chintz value!

It's strange but the bottom end of the ‘cars for sale’ market is pretty sparse over here - or at least on the East coast. I suspect most sub $1000 stuff gets squashed as they’re simply not out there on sale, it might ‘only’ seem like 500 to 600 quid but it’s more if your earning dollars. Ebay/Craigslist has virtually nothing you could actually drive in that price range. That selection above actually looks pretty good for the money – the only one I’ve actually driven is the Bonneville and whilst a bit plasticy inside, they actually go very well in a straight line and are very comfy - and really that’s all your average yank needs.

that Pontiac Bonneville is something else! I would be delighted to hurtle round the US in that mean looking thing (or possibly the chrome-covered Ford Taurus).

Yup, I'd quite happily take either of those two across the US of A. The Bonnie for comfort and grunt, the Tempo (not a Taurus) for four-pot fuel efficiency (compared to the 3.8-litre GM V6 in the Bonneville, anyway). Wouldn't mind the GMC Astro van in the background of the 323 pic either - GR8 4 sleeping in the back and saving on motel costs. The New Yorker would be something I'd buy to cruise around town in, but I wouldn't want to go too far in it as being a Chrysler something would be bound to fall off. Still preferable to the blue Geo coupe though - it looks like it was styled from front to rear by three different people, none of whom was over eight years old. Horrible.

Anybody ever driven a Jeep with the horrendous 2.5 litre "iron duke" lump?

Didn't some of the early Fieros get that engine too? The ideal engine for powering a small mid-engined sports car. :roll: It's even more amusing when the Iron Duked Fiero gets fitted with one of those fibreglass Ferrari 308 replica bodies. Nothing like a "Ferrari" that gets left for dead by a 1.6-litre Astra...

These are probably all decent cars, they certainly all look straight enough and I`d be happy with any of them, yeah, even the blue Saturn thing - just imagine being behind someone knowing that weird front end is filling up their rear view mirror.

The thing that caught my attention was the surprising fact that over there dealers are selling such obsolete cars, and I like the fact that he`s ended up with 2 `80s Lancers.

I can`t believe just how stark the BG Mazda 323 is over there, we always got it as a fairly smartly turned out Civic/Corolla/Colt rival, but look at these two:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not surprised it was seen as such a low-rent item over there and every one you see has massive dents and sunburnt paint, these two unlucky customers didnt even qualify for rubbing strips or a full compliment of mirrors! Insultingly basic!