Classic Car Weekly in Shite expose shock!

Rocket88

I vaguely remember that episode Nigel. Brewer and Richard Sutton (at least a presenter with proper Classic Car journalistic credentials) did their bit back at the "studio" but didn't get involved in the punter-to-punter stuff in Deals on Wheels.I would suggest VB-H's visual decline is something to do with her 60-a-day Woodbine habit - her ravaged voice (bordering on a Mariella Frostrup rasp) gives the game away somewhat.I met Phillipa Forrester about 10 years ago, when she was doing a bit for Tomorrow's World or Robot Wars, one of the two. She is tiny.

Philippa Forester is on that 'World on the move' program on Radio 4 about animal migrations nowadays, she certainly sounds like she's still quite fit, (as much as can be gathered from a voice talking about electronically tagged seagulls and that), I quite like listening to it while welding up sills of an evening.

I saw Phillipa on some daytime TV programme recently and she did not look anywhere near as good. This may or may not just be a bad photo.

Posted Image

Saying that if she wore those leather trousers she used to have on Robot wars.......

In saying this I would also conceit that am am also not the prize catch i used to be so am maybe being a bit hypocritical to point fingers. Actually i lie, i am a sex god. Especially when i wear the cap i got of Cavette.....

I've subscribed to Popular Classics (and Practical Classics when it merged with it) since 1990 and I always quite enjoyed Nick Larkins writing style, but it was far from technical.I was kind of sorry when he left the magazine, but IMO there are far more interesting and knowledgeable staff there now, who are certainly not averse to shite of all ages, e.g. Acclaim, 240, Zapho etc. Keith Adams is a good example - I regularly visit his excellent Austin Rover Online site.Anyone remember Simon Goldsworthy and that weird canvas-covered 3-wheeled Eastern-Bloc thingy he owned (A Velorex ???) He was the king of shite with his Soviet car leanings :D:D I bought a copy of a Classic Commercial mag the other day and Nick Larkin is the Editor. Seems a very strange candidate for the job. I find it hard to imagine this slightly effeminate man interviewing a 6-foot 5 retired trucker, who probably spent all his life handballing loads and just generally 'male'.

VBH is undoubtedly decreasing in the hotness stakes. Funnily enough I found an old copy of Practical Classics the other day with a pic of her in it from about 1992 announcing she was leaving for a new job. She looked much fitter then. And she ran a mk1 Cortina, so obviously her taste was better then too.Its the way she wallows her mouth about like a horse chewing grass when she speaks that ruins the appeal for me. How old is she anyway?Gail Porter looks a state these days but I always think the ultimate stunner to minger transformation award has to go to brigette bardot. she looks HORRENDOUS these days

Amanda Lamb, queen of TV totty in my book.

With you on that! And then theres Sarah Beeny...However, we may be going somewhat off topic :lol:VBH used to be very lovely, attractive and a petrolhead as well. Now she just looks a bit left on the shelf and has certainly lost her appeal. Think she is about 36? I of course am an adonis so I am allowed to comment.

Larkin always appeared to be an utter tool whenever I read something written by him, as others have said, he was always on about Morris Oxfords or buses. I've not seen him on telly, but imagine he sounds incredibly nasal and whines a lot.Martin Buckley is another one who confuses me. If there's' a group test, he's guaranteed to pick the most shite car there is as 'the one he'd buy', no matter what it is. Lancia Trevi vs Ferrari Daytona and you just know Buckley would pick the Trevi.They both seem to be the kind of weirdo who not only fight for the underdog, but actually believe that the underdog is better just because everyone else knows its utter shite and Larkin / Buckley want to argue about it.Few months back, C&SC had an article "Lancia Flaminia vs Aston DB5", looked interesting until I noticed Buckleys' name on it. Whitewash for the Lancia, surprise surprise.Oh, on VbH, I had the 5th gear giveaway 911 for a year or so. Number of people who wanted to sniff the upholstery after they saw VbH driving it on video. Crazy.

Martin Buckley is another one who confuses me. If there's' a group test, he's guaranteed to pick the most shite car there is as 'the one he'd buy', no matter what it is. Lancia Trevi vs Ferrari Daytona and you just know Buckley would pick the Trevi.

I think most people here would too, just look at that dashboard!

Posted Image

I've met Martin Buckley, sold him a white Mk 4 Zodiac Estate, took an old Westminster in p/x. Nice bloke, with an interest in obscure classic shite, has a particular weakness for Peugeot 604's, so a thoroughly splendid fellow, in my book. [sent Mr R Welfare a pics of both, if he would be so kind to nail them up]

Amanda Lamb, queen of TV totty in my book.

With you on that! And then theres Sarah Beeny...However, we may be going somewhat off topic :lol:VBH used to be very lovely, attractive and a petrolhead as well. Now she just looks a bit left on the shelf and has certainly lost her appeal. Think she is about 36? I of course am an adonis so I am allowed to comment.
Was watching 5th Gear the other night and even the missus commented that VBH was looking a bit rough these days... :lol: Sarah Beeny's holding up quite well considering she seems to be pregnant every time I've seen her on telly in the last four or five years. 8)

Gail Porter looks a state these days

Yeah she's balder than that swimmer bloke now, sounds like she's been through a lot which is a shame cos she looked super hot that time her bod got projected onto Parliament.Recently found an old vid with Philippa Forester presenting childrens' telly circa 1989 looking strangely appealing despite the horrendous clothes she was wearing, obviously she's ruined now tho.

I'm sure I used to work with that fella. We used to let him have first shout on the overtime when he was saving up for his operation....

No amount of dischordant trombones, parpy old fashioned car horns and heavily muted trumpets being played in a downbeat, out of tune manner can do that comment justice.

You rang, M'Lord? :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'd forgotten about those "Mark of Excellence" gunsights on the leading edge of the Mk4 Doziac bonnet. Is there any truth in the rumour that Mk4s were used to train the captains of HMS Ark Royal? :lol:

The one I had was fine, although someone had fitted a decent pair of rear shocks to it. Not eactly Lotus like in the handling department, but better than some old shhite I've driven [Fiat 124 coupe with 6" play in the steering springs to mind] As for TV totty, that German lass who gave Carkson a right spanking [!] round the Nurburgring was quite tasty, in a Germanic, 'Allo 'Allo sort of way.

As for TV totty, that German lass who gave Carkson a right spanking [!] round the Nurburgring was quite tasty, in a Germanic, 'Allo 'Allo sort of way.

I used to like the Gestapo officer's secretary - was it Helga? She used to strip down to her undies and look quite hot as I remember!*Even at the age of 10, I could that the idea of pretty French waitresses sleeping with Gordon Kaye a bit far fetched!*Please note I am not Max Mosley.