Posh Poo Poo!!

uncle silvia

Have to disagree.I'm as big a RR lover as the next person, but the Camargue is ugly. There's too many straight lines. It's dangerously close to looking like a Bristol.A Rolls-Royce should look like a Rolls-Royce. The Camargue doesn't.Similarly, Bentleys should look like Bentleys. This current shower of shite, the Continental GT &cetera: They're not what you want a Bentley to look like. Bentley have started turning out the 'Azure'. Rolls-Royce will have to take a similar long hard look at their current offering and do something similar, soon. The Current Rolls is ugly.

I agree with you about the Conitental GT, looks like a bloated early '90's Toyota Supra. I think that the current Rolls, however, is magnificent. It's got just the right "out of the way, peasants" look about it. I will concede that the headlining which lights up is a bit "Barryboy" though.......

Fantastic to see a Camargue in the metal. Of course they are awful - it came from the 70s, the decade that taste forgot! I do believe this was the most expensive car in the world upon launch in '75.A-plate indicates this is a very late one, apparently '84 was the last year of production. Same production span as a Pug 604 then, another car with similarly ungainly lines :lol:

Fantastic to see a Camargue in the metal. I do believe this was the most expensive car in the world upon launch in '75.A-plate indicates this is a very late one, apparently '84 was the last year of production. Same production span as a Pug 604 then, another car with similarly ungainly lines :lol:

There are dozens of Rolls-Royces on this island and I believe I'm correct in saying that not one of them is a Camargue. Saying that, it's also extremely unlikely that there are any 604s here either

Camargue is ugly as sin but sort of cool with in in a very strange way. I expect owning one would be like shagging Claire Sweeny. Nothing rational you can think of would make you want to, yet there she was in the knack on your bed begging for it and you just know you're going to.Didn't the Camargue have some weird 'futuristic' boast to it, in fact I think it had a push button gearbox which was something of a novelty at the time?

Claire Sweeney.... bland-looking, seems a bit thick, liverpudlian... not tempting me I'm afraid. When I were a lad my mates dad had a Camargue. It was hideous, and had a super-chintzy DAZ-white interior. Never got to go in it, or even near it really, the fella used to go ape if we were in the vicinity of the open garage. Twat. I expect he's dead now anyway, the face-red bloaty bastard.

I expect owning one would be like shagging Claire Sweeny.

:shock::shock:

Hmmmm. I'd really rather not own one in that case thanks!

Homos!

After a bottle of wine and a few beers i'd be on it. :lol:

Agreed. If you don't fancy Claire Sweeney, I think you've failed to pick up on what it is about women that you're supposed to fancy. What an absolute honey.

Did someone list 'Liverpudlian' as a reason for her being unattractive? That is definitely starting to sound a bit 'closet'. Or that she seems 'a bit thick'?!

"Have you seen that bird on that '60 Minute Makeover' show? You want to see the size of the intellect she's got on her..."

Nope.

**Wee bit unfair. I'm actually related to Claire. (Distantly, though, by marriage and that. I mean, I'm still OK to want to shag her...)

***Just had another look. The lad who reckoned she was too Liverpudlian was the one whose 'mate's dad' had a Rolls Royce! I'm picturing his ideal woman now, and I'm hearing the word "bitty".....

Can`t understand why the Camargue sometimes is called ugly, it`s pretty hard to argue with the proportions of it and the overall shape, I`d have it down as the best looking Rolls myself, possibly the grille looks out of place but you could say that about any Rolls beyond the Silver Cloud.What`s the deal with the longboy Silver Spirit/Spur?