E-bay again. (Have put in new topic as I really need help)

HillmanImp

Right. Bloody hacked off.Just popped my bike on e-bay. gave it a listing title of 'Honda VFR400 (NC30)'.Write everything up, insert it, look for it. Is not coming up under 'VFR400'.Turns out e-bay have changed the title to 'Honda red/white' when they have looked up the number plate. The arses.Have tried changing the title but to no avail. It would appear if i remove it i will get charged for relisting under the title i originally chose.Can anyone help before i go out and buy some fags and start to ruin my lungs again.

Sorry, I can't help myself, but you could try the Q&A forum; I used it to solve the Ebay France mystery last night. It has a reputation for general unpleasantness, but ask a straightforward question like that and you are more likely to get a polite and sensible answer than from Ebay's useless Live (?) Help. Good Luck :)

If during the write up you went back a page to edit it it can revert the header to dvla basic description ie Honda red/white. You can edit it back as your nc30 description as long as there are no bids on it yet.

Have tried changing the title but to no avail. It would appear if i remove it i will get charged for relisting under the title i originally chose

How's that? If you go into the page for your listing you should see 'Revise your item' at the top, to the left of the visitor counter.You don't need to relist it unless you can't revise the description due to someone having had a bid on it.

If you go into the page for your listing you should see 'Revise your item' at the top, to the left of the visitor counter.

Sorted it. Brilliant, thanks. I was going into the selling page and pressing edit. Did not give you the option there. Could change everything else but that. The e-bay help pages were, well no help. Was raging last night. All good now though, thanks once again.

Yep, you have to be careful if you change the default "title" (taken from DVLA) as every time you revise your listing it will revert to this default.Has proved a right PITA as I constantly re-craft my 405 ad prior to it going live, in the vain hope of increasing bidding traffic...

• 2 weeks later...

eBay motors forum can be useful, as well as highly sarcastic and unforgiving and bloody funny too, and worth a visit from time to time...http://forums.ebay.co.uk/forum.jspa?forumID=2004...if you do get stuck again.

Well Miles,The ting is matey that it really makes NO DIFFERENCE to any car seller on here what YOUR returns policy actually is.What matters is the sellers OWN returns policy and UK law, which is basically that if the car is reliable, roadworthy and safe then you as the buyer own it once you have paid for it.You can put anything you want on the listings, including I note the recent 'this seller accepts returns for up to 14 days', becasue it makes no difference.If you operate in the UK, as I do as a UK seller and asd Ebay do as a UK venue (despite being based in Lichtenstein or wherever) then what matters is UK law and not Ebay rules.I don't really care anyway as i've stopped listing my cars with you becasue of the new feedback rules - any playing field is fair as long as it's level, but bias towards buyers will kill your business.Fortunately for me it won't kill mine as I've voted with my wallet and now use Auto Trader.I've been removed (apparently) from account management by Ebay, and (apparently) if I continue to criticise Ebay in anything but mild terms I will be removed from the power seller programme too.But the thing is Miles, I don't care, becasue I don't use Ebay to sell anymore.Get your house in order, I may well do so again.But for now its no thank you very much.

Couldn't agree more mate.

Sorry, I can't help myself, but you could try the Q&A forum; I used it to solve the Ebay France mystery last night. It has a reputation for general unpleasantness, but ask a straightforward question like that and you are more likely to get a polite and sensible answer than from Ebay's useless Live (?) Help. Good Luck :)

Thread Hijack, sorry scottee! Ebay France - I have been having the same problem - it won't let you look at Peugeot 304s, or any other motors! What's going on? How do you get round it? Can you get round it?Back on topic - haven't you sold the VFR now mate?

At it yet again! Whole new front page that takes an age to load. Thankfully the 'opt out' option remains -returning me to familiar ground and a faster service.

What the hell is the matter with these knobheads?

Similar thing going on with Facebook (with different consequences) in that they're giving us a new improved trial version of which I haven't heard a good word said by anybody whatsoever. It's been available to try out for the past month or so but with the benefit of being able to 'click back out of it again' if you don't get on with it. But here's the thing, there is now a banner message saying that soon the New Facebook will be the 'only' Facebook & everybody will be forced to adopt the new style with no opt out facility. So be warned.... :x

I do not use faecebook[sic], so I care not a jot for your woe, Reginald.

I wouldn't expect you to, I was merely pointing out that sooner or later these 'softly, softly, sneak it in without anybody noticing' version updates that you don't have to follow have a habit of turning round & biting you on the arse & it becomes their way or the highway!

Plenty of people on here are faecebookers though, including people you might not expect.....even the mods are at it! :wink:

Thread Hijack, sorry scottee! Ebay France - I have been having the same problem - it won't let you look at Peugeot 304s, or any other motors! What's going on? How do you get round it? Can you get round it?

Try going into garlic ebay through http://anonymouse.wsWorks for me...
Wow! Genius! Don't mind a left hooker 304 convertible 8) and they're so much cheaper en France. :shock: Thanks dude :)