North West AutoMarty

Marty

No idea - just a phone number and for sale notice - will try and spy it again thsi Weds. Thought the PB was a Humber because of the H emblemed wheeltrims it has.

Posted Image

Hyundai Sonata (Mk2?) Dad had one as a company car. Very good it was too! N139 WNF where are you now?

Posted Image

Wow surely a better alternative to the Polo version. The Polo Harlequin club is exclusive with about 1500 members I believe. However with the BX Harlequin you can be in a club all by yourself! Now that's envy inducing! 8)

Yeah - but they do look nice 8) Brassed off as I cant find my card reader (daughter wandered off with it) as on phone is a Yugo 45, Pug 305 Van, Nissan Laurel 2.4, Jag Mk2 and a few other choice spots. :evil:

Guest greenvanman

Possibly the last Niva in the world!

There's still quite a few of 'em round here - despite being Grade A Shite they are very capable off-roaders and have something of a cult following. Granted, most of the one I see are wearing more than a bit of checker plate, but there's one absolute minter round here carrying the registration number S10VET!

Apologies before hand for the wobbily pictures

Posted Image

Badged TR8

Posted Image

Poorly P6

Posted Image

Wusty Wedge Wossy style (badged 2,2)

Posted Image

Black Thing

Posted Image

Interesting J camper van (arse end)

Posted Image

A different black thing

Garage is a real time warp of old stuff. Sadly is falling to bits and elderly owner has no time to renovate cars left there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bit crap really, but I don't often get chance to photograph the shite I see, and it feels a bit lame saying "I saw this really shite looking Allegro today, but haven't got a photo"

Anyway - this is what I did capture....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for posting this twice it was my pick of the bunch! Is this an estate or a hatch with a very large opening rear window like on a Talbot Sunbeam?

This is the style I prefer over the one that somebody was considering. I think it was Torsten or Wuvvum......

Full rundown on B11 Sunny as sold here:2-and 4-door saloons, 1.3 or 1.5 engines (1.3 only in 2-door).3-door coupe, as Marty saw (very nice too). That hatch is all glass with just a small body-colour strip along the bottom edge - the black plastic strip between the lights stays there, so you have to lift stuff over. 1.5 only.5-door fastback estate. As that D-plate example. The roof extends further back than the coupe, though the tailgate is still at quite a rake so not ideal for big square loads. Tailgate opens down to bumper level. Got IRS like the saloons/coupe. 1.5 only.5-door DX estate. Got round headlights, higher roofline than above and almost vertical tailgate. Leaf-sprung back end, as it's intended as a more commercial vehicle, indeed in Japan it would be known as a van (wagon = estate for personal use, van = estate for business use). 1.3 only.3-door van. Basically as DX estate but longer doors. Now rarely seen, though we did see one crusing about at Billing last week. 1.3 only.Turbo and diesel engines were available elsewhere.

My B11 ownership dates back to days when they were relatively new, so I had them sussed years ago. Fastback estate is my favourite, never yet had one on the road though.The previous B310 range (RWD) was basically available with all the same bodystyle versions, even down to fastback and utilitarian estates. Different engines though.I'm kind of trying to get images of all the different versions of all Japanese cars sold here scanned in, but it's a mindboggling task. I get sidetracked by facelifts, trim levels and engine sizes which dictate a different grille or something - Galant/Sigma range is driving me mad right now!

That Spottedlaurel - he knows his onions!

It's enough to make a man cry!So is trying to understand the Japanese ranges.....I've never really tried - it took me long enough to identify every French & Italian car designation! Marques that use numbers are far harder to imprint on the brain than ones which use names! Then consider that Japanese makes like Datsun/Nissan used both! i.e. Sunny > B210 :shock:

Trying to figure out Japanese cars is like exploring the bottom of the ocean, we will never truly know! Toyota are the worst - try researching the Carina and see how far you get! Nightmare!Though it adds to the magic I suppose, always nice to see a weird trim spec you never thought existed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More very iffy kwolity shots....

Posted Image

My local MOT tester!

Posted Image

Marina 1300 Coupe in Preston (London Rd W-L-D) In Beige

Posted Image

hearse estate

Posted Image

Carlton Estate

Posted Image

Moggie Traveller at MOT joint (Rover P6 V8 in inca also, but didnt photograph well)

Posted Image

Metro Sport a bit further on *(also F/S)

Posted Image

Worlds dirtiest Polo