Ride on mowershite Now FOAR SAYELLE!

Guest Breadvan72

Country grockle living can mean only one thing: ride on mower POWAH.

I saw one of these Westwood T1200s for sale near me, but the bloke wanted 650. Entering an eBay auction with 8 seconds to go, I scooped a similar one for 340, also enjoying that schadenfreude that you achieve when you nab something off some dude who's been bidding on it for a week. Sozzer, bloke.

As you can see from the library photo below, this 12 HP five speed vehicle is a lot more stylish, refined, luxurious and probably a better drive than many of the cars owned by many of us here. As to why there is a dog hanging from a tree in the background of the photo, well, I suppose, why wouldn't there be?

EDIT - oops, photo size borkage, no time to fix, so here is the url.

http://slovenskainzercia.sk/x-sk/inz/916/916879-westwood-t1200-2.jpg

916879-westwood-t1200-2.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

I collected this heap today.  Collection story pretty dull.  Drove Rangey with trailer to Hampshire.  Loaded tractor onto trailer.  Drove back home again.  En route, ate incredibly shit cheese and onion sandwich made with 400 year old shit bread, bought at shit garage.   Spotted some fine G and H reg Volvoshite, plus a pristine Nissan Sunny, and also a Jensen.  Er, that's it.  

There's an old Westwood lurking in the back of one of the garages at work, a legacy of when they did their own groundskeeping. Not sure what model, I've toyed with the idea of offering them £50 for it a few times...

Will try to get some pics if I remember.

Guest Breadvan72

I bought a manual for the thing on eBay.  It basically describes about 900 ways in which the thing will kill you.  Every other line  is "WARNING: REALLY FUCKING DANGEROUS, NO WE MEAN IT, DON'T FUCKING DO IT.  IN FACT, DON'T GO NEAR THE FUCKING THING.  WAY FUCKING SCARY.  DANGER".  Also, gardening tips. 

I imagine that's pretty normal for mower manuals,  I've never had the book for our yellow peril at work out of it's plastic case.

It does have two big fuck off instructions printed on the floor by the pedals though,  these are to not attempt to mow a bank of more than 10 degrees, which is bollocks as 45 degrees is perfectly safe* so long as you lean right over the side of the mower and hold on tight.  The other is that you shouldn't drive it on the road which we ignored for many happy years.  Our new gaffer has put a stop to this though so we've had to convert a canoe trailer to carry it.  It looks a bit like this.

stiga-park-comfort.jpg

Enjoy yours and watch out for low branches and getting stuck at the bottom of steep inclines,  ours has nearly gone into the river twice.

Guest Breadvan72

I think that in Buttfuckistan, or wherever else that photo was taken, that counts as uber posh.

Guest Breadvan72

Apologies for blur-o-vision  (cause: being rubbish at photos).  

First, an ensemble shot of the delivery rig (ignore Matra Murena spare wheel used as counterbalance)

3.9 litre V8 Range Rover - £500

Galvanised trailer - £150

Garden tractor - £340

Having a whole bunch of minging tat in your back yard - Priceless.

tractor1y.jpg

Mighty 13 HP POWAH unit (extra 1 HP BONUS, not mentioned in eBay ad)

tractor2v.jpg

Cheeky face.  NB - wonkiness of angle attributable to Planet Earth being slopey, or something. 

tractor3.jpg

Forward to TERRROOOOORRRRRR

tractor4.jpg

Note luxo-edition hand stiched LEVVA steering wheel, sewn by same bloke who did Frankenstein's skull.

Not shown in photos - powered grass collector.  For this, imagine a big rusty orange box that looks like it was put together by some blokes working in a big shed, and you pretty much have the idea. 

Guest Breadvan72

Das ist der echt qualitats tat!

I am going to see if the Rangey of Ridiculous Redness will start mine, as it came with a shite battery.  I could pull it off, but I've lost my touch on that one.

Guest Breadvan72

Master!  The CREATURE.....lives!

Jumpy starty very smoky, throttle on wrong way aroundy!

Its always mystified me a little as to why ride on mowers have headlights, they never look like they'd actually be effective enough to see where you're going, and who mows their lawn in the dark? Isnt that the sort of thing you get an ASBO for?

massive win tho, I've lusted after one for years, ideally more rust than good metal with totally blunt cutting blades which sort of maul the grass into submission rather than actually cutting it. My lawn is about 6 metres square and SWMBO would actually kill me - possibly using aforementioned blunt blades - if I actually bought one.

did anyone else see the article about honda building the 130mph lawnmower on the BBC website today? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22784725

I am WEL JEL.  Always wanted a ride-on mower, but the 'lawn' at Castell Skizzer is too small and too steep so it remains a fantasy; also, you don't need to mow moss and dandelions that often.  

Maybe you could have an Autoshite raffle with the opportunity to mow your lawn as a prize?

PS I thought you'd sold the Murena?

Guest Breadvan72

A ride on mower has been a dream of mine for many years.  My garden doesn't quite justify it, but WTF.  Murena sold as in offer and acceptance, but buyer on hols - hopefully returning to pay and collect this week. 

Guest Breadvan72

PS: headlights, I agree - what a load of toss.  What can they possibly be for?  Having said that, I promise to test them for some pikey lamping/dogging exploits and will report back in due course. 

Headlights....

I'm guessing that this would be to snare customers such as golf-clubs, who often mow areas in poor or dark conditions.

Plus they'd be handy if you use it to pull a little trailor about your estate, or at least for when Jeaves does, when he carries out the evening 'doberman-egg' run.

• 9 months later...
Guest Breadvan72

Prompted by the other lawn mower thread, I have realised that my garden doesn't really justify keeping this  ride on mo-sheen, so if anyone here wants it and can collect it they can have it for not much Wong.

Works OK, needs a new battery, is a bit rusty in places but is OK, if scruffy.   Complete with owner's manual and bits of skanky old grass clippings.

Guest Breadvan72

I paid 340 for it last year.  I have seen these machines go for 600 odd on eBay.  How about 300 in Shitepounds?   Wish I'd mentioned it last week when you were passing, so to speak.  

Guest Breadvan72

That's some sort of Johnny Furriner pooch, that being a kwalidee library photo culled from the live electronical internetz, and those darn fozzers do things their own way.  The original caption translates via Google as "buy BV's much more shit than this one ride on mower or the dog gets bummed".  

Photos of my one on page one, featuring tip top lack of focus skills.