Citroen Picasso

Mash

RW may own a Xant one day - m'colleague at work has a P-plate 1.8 that refuses to die (est. 160k on the clock - mileometer stopped working for a period and is now functional again), and I've told him I'll give him 50 quid if it fails an MOT...

Looking through the paperwork that came with my '93 1.8 I found a dealer invoice for replacement of the speedo/rev counter at 130000. It's done 85000 since then. French cars, eh? :roll:

Exactly the same thing happens to BL hydragas units, except theres no means of recharging the nitrogen on those

Yeah, what's the deal with that Hydralastic/Hydragas system? Are the BL units still available as replacements? Or could you bodge on a set of Citroen spheres if you were hardcore in the engineering department?

So what’s the attraction with these hideous machines? They must have made literally millions of the damn things; I see them everywhere and they're starting to annoy me :P .I was talking to a car dealer a couple of weeks ago and he had a dozen of them lined up on the forecourt, said he couldn’t get enough of them.We had one as a company car at the last place I worked and I always found it a thoroughly horrid thing to drive and actually a fairly useless piece of kit; neither nowt nor summat :? Discuss…

Definately shite, got the newer C4 version, it's a better looker than the older model but it handles like the Mary Rose (not that you would be doing track days in it or anything) and I now know where all the plastic from china ends up, in the dashboard! Go for an Espace or Previa...