The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Yo Marty, do I remember you saying you were interested in one of those Riders Super Cub jobbies?

s-l1600.jpg

It's in sunny Wakefield, just up the road from here, so if you want it looking over LMK?

I believe that one is a "Kayak" rather than a Rider's version, probably from MiniBikeCraze?

The switch-gear is the easiest way to spot the difference, without referring to the late registration.

I'm on the lookout for a 50cc version, for a friend that can ride a 50 on a car license without L plates.

I'm in the middle of two weeks off work. I booked them to move house & do most of the DIY it needs, but seemed rude not to enjoy a sunny sunday. If it's any consolation my fingers are still feeling cold from getting home.

I actually like days like this for riding - bright, dry and clear but not too cold. 

Anyway, i can't bitch too much as I've got four days off this week between shifts and will hopefully get out on the LC tomorrow or Tuesday. 

And you are quite correct - it is very rude to ignore such a nice day esp. as winter gallops towards us. Good luck with the house move. 

Oh I almost forgot, some bloke in a Bentley was in a hurry on the A1 as I headed home. I can't confirm if I was doing approx double the 'number on a stick' to keep him in sight or not, but it looked a lot more comfy for him than me! Bit drafty in an openface too :D

I believe that one is a "Kayak" rather than a Rider's version, probably from MiniBikeCraze?

The switch-gear is the easiest way to spot the difference, without referring to the late registration.

I'm on the lookout for a 50cc version, for a friend that can ride a 50 on a car license without L plates.

Well that one is registered as a 50

Or maybe sir would like a bit of a battered to fool city express with nearly a years MOT

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I told myself after getting nicked in Sept for riding like a wanker that it was time to slow down so bought a very nice versys, I got bored, this should redress the balance somewhat,

v7LC9eG.jpg

And it was bloody cold despite wearing 3 pairs of socks, 3 sets of thermals and proper textiles and gloves for a 5 hour round trip, my feet are still frozen 6 hours after getting home, I'm done riding for this year now.

The CDI for my zip turned up last week, managed to get it sorted over the weekend.

Needed the carb cleaning out as wouldn't idle at first but it seems OK now.

Been up the road to the shop on it, and it's going to have to go, it's unacceptably slow.

I know these 4 stroke 50s aren't meant to set your pants on fire, but I live up a hill, and near me on the way up the hill is one of those flashing speed signs. 

With a decent run up on full throttle I clocked 19 up the hill. 

It will do 30 on the flat and more downhill, I need to check the variator to see if it's still got a washer in, but even so I think it's getting sold to provide some funds towards fixing the next arrival - rank Gilera, due Wednesday.

Two of my bikes sorted today - SV650 has been having issues with charging. Replaced reg/rec today (for the second time) and still only showed it was charging once the brake light was on. Head scratching, a multimeter and a length of wire fixed it. Seems the earth in the loom for the reg/rec must be bad - wired up a seperate earth and all is good, runs smoother and more willing to rev than it ever has been. Just in time for winter.

Likewise the RC8 - clutch was like an on - off switch when cold, nasty. Common fault as the outside steel clutch plate gets a groove worn in it which causes the clutch to grab until warm. Reshuffled the plates and now as it should be. Just in time for winter too.

Well that one is registered as a 50

Or maybe sir would like a bit of a battered to fool city express with nearly a years MOT

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Yeah they do the two options. the 50cc and the 110cc but that one has the "CW" branded engine:

http://cwbikes.co.uk/

I'm up for finding her a 50 that goes - had a nifty little Ludix that I sold last year which I should have given her really!

Any info on the Express?

Bloody ebay sellers being economical with the truth. I like the look of the Peugeot Elyseo and found one cheap in Bristol. Listed as a non runner but engine turns over ok. I picked it up at the weekend and had a look today. Once I could get some jump leads on it I found that yes it turns over but no compression at all. As I collected it from a bike dealer you would of thought he might of noticed that and mentioned it. I whipped the head and barrel off and things aren't good. It has dropped a valve then lunched the piston, taken a chunk out of the barrel and generally fucked it all up. What I will do with it now I don't know, either break it or find a replacement engine.

post-5515-0-89038800-1509361857_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-13975400-1509361889_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-71987100-1509361903_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-86151400-1509361921_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-61611800-1509361930_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-06614600-1509361942_thumb.jpg

Well it did turn over, he didn't exactly lie.

Yeah thats why he didn't get a negative feedback. I don't think I would ever take a bike to the place that had looked after this one as even the front tyre was fitted the wrong way round and to not notice that it had no compression is pretty poor. Anyone got a cheap 125 Peugeot scooter engine as the rest is pretty good and it has never failed an mot in it's life until now.

^^^ Wouldn't expect any better from a dealer...

I wouldn't waste any time or money trying to fix that; like most small Peugeot scooters, those are complete shit. They are beset with immobiliser/CDI/other electrical problems, and are well known for destroying their engines thanks to the plastic oil pump drive which eventually strips its teeth and results in carnage. Terrible things.

What are parts prices like? I don't remember them being particularly horrific. Not sure if they used to be ordered from Fowlers or direct from Peugeot.

Peugeot also did some cool 50s for other markets that we never seemed to get here proper trailies and race reps..

Wierdly I never came across the faults mentioned above although I note that you can buy an immobiliser deleted CDI these days, a pizza place traded one of the old 2T 50 ones in with an indicated 50k kms on it - it was completely trashed and worn out but the engine still went well

Bloody ebay sellers being economical with the truth. I like the look of the Peugeot Elyseo and found one cheap in Bristol. Listed as a non runner but engine turns over ok. I picked it up at the weekend and had a look today. Once I could get some jump leads on it I found that yes it turns over but no compression at all. As I collected it from a bike dealer you would of thought he might of noticed that and mentioned it. I whipped the head and barrel off and things aren't good. It has dropped a valve then lunched the piston, taken a chunk out of the barrel and generally fucked it all up. What I will do with it now I don't know, either break it or find a replacement engine.

attachicon.gifpeugeot elyseo 071.JPG

attachicon.gifpeugeot elyseo 076.JPG

attachicon.gifpeugeot elyseo 077.JPG

attachicon.gifpeugeot elyseo 074.JPG

attachicon.gifpeugeot elyseo 073.JPG

attachicon.gifpeugeot elyseo 072.JPG

My 50 has stopped working properly as well, starts but won't rev.

post-4787-0-37129500-1509374820_thumb.jpg

The joys of rank mopeds #74 - past bodgery.

Buoyed by the success of yesterday's very slow test ride, I lobbed half a jerry can of fuel in the zip thinking I might ride it to work one day this week.

Woke up this morning to a faint smell of petrol throughout the house and the disgraced zip sat outside in a pool of its own fluids.

I don't know what, or how many kinds of bodging gloop have been applied to this level sensor, but neither they, not the several layers of gaffa tape were doing a very good job of keeping the petrol in, giving the tank an effective capacity of about a pint.

Used tank on the way.

4c85f5ea8c2c33261c928dbcbf2c843a.jpg

Sent from my DLI-L22 using Tapatalk

I swapped my broken ranger for this

24189628748_bebe89d56e_c.jpgDSC_0261 by srblythe, on Flickr

A Yamaha XT350

I'm not sure what I want to do with it, my heart says keep it and have fun playing down the bings but my head says sell it while it's still in good running order.

It's currently for off road use only with no plate or v5.

Any idea what I should be asking if I decide to sell?

Any info on the Express?

Ex-mr StrangeAngel Honda City Express.

Cosmetically challenged but has an MOT for 11 months and runs very well.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/micrashed/albums/72157687639228330

Selection of photos be here ^^^

£200 as  it is or £218 with a new unfitted rear tyre.

FOAD, on 30 Oct 2017 - 4:05 PM, said:

I swapped my broken ranger for this

24189628748_bebe89d56e_c.jpgDSC_0261 by srblythe, on Flickr

A Yamaha XT350

I'm not sure what I want to do with it, my heart says keep it and have fun playing down the bings but my head says sell it while it's still in good running order.

It's currently for off road use only with no plate or v5.

Any idea what I should be asking if I decide to sell?

If it's a good runner, you should get around £1500 for that.

Assuming you're able to get a V5 for it.

Do you want to flog it !! I might be able to make one good one out of the pair. My one is a 125 though so might not be a lot of interchangable parts

I think I would rather hold onto it if it can be made to work again as it is has been enjoyed by those visiting the field of dreams.

post-4787-0-69240900-1509380445_thumb.jpg

My other problem in life is my Peugeot 103!

I bought it just over a year ago with a faulty clutch/varaitor and Panhard 65 put me in touch with a supplier to get one. My local mobile Mech said his farther was good with bikes and I gave it to him to sort out. After some months he says he can’t get it back together because he can’t centre the crank to get the nut on the opposite end from the clutch.

I don’t really understand what he means but I need help. Can anybody help me sort it out as I would love to get this back to a road worthy condition, even if it means taking it for a long drive in a C15 Van.

post-4787-0-85689400-1509382244_thumb.jpg

My other problem in life is my Peugeot 103!

I bought it just over a year ago with a faulty clutch/varaitor and Panhard 65 put me in touch with a supplier to get one. My local mobile Mech said his farther was good with bikes and I gave it to him to sort out. After some months he says he can’t get it back together because he can’t centre the crank to get the nut on the opposite end from the clutch.

I don’t really understand what he means but I need help. Can anybody help me sort it out as I would love to get this back to a road worthy condition, even if it means taking it for a long drive in a C15 Van.

I am not too sure what he means but some of these engines don't have a keyway on the crank for the flywheel and you need to use a dial gauge to set TDC then fit the flywheel so the points are just opening or something like that. It is also possible he has buggered up the thread on the crank as well as the cranks seem to be made of chocolate.