The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

I also like how the Rickman top box has been fitted sideways GR9 4 FILTERNG.

Hey - I'll tell you what - that Hairdrier SH50 whilst not rapid, filters bloody well due to its diminutive size - what usually takes an hour to drive home took 20 minutes thanks to its filtering ability - feels like its "restricted" at its top end, not that Im right arsed about that, but I remember the SGX50 I had that always felt that it ran out of puff rather than being throttled by something.

In other news Mrs Womble not entirely happy about the sudden abundance of bikes here so the Moby is up for grabs at what I paid if anyone is interested ( its now in PR5 land Preston).

post-18231-0-01430700-1507929683_thumb.jpg

Hey - I'll tell you what - that Hairdrier SH50 whilst not rapid, filters bloody well due to its diminutive size - what usually takes an hour to drive home took 20 minutes thanks to its filtering ability - feels like its "restricted" at its top end

Ah yes, I loved the 110cc C50 Hammerite spesh I used to own for the same reason - a classic case of less being more :)

There might well be some form of restriction fitted to the SH; I had the exhaust off to paint it, and I didn't notice anything in the neck of the downpipe. There could possibly be a washer in the variator though - I never opened the belt case on the basis that the transmission actually worked.

Something that has just occurred as I type - you might want to check the oil level in the final drive, they don't hold much and I never thought to look.

SH50 shitty express used to be restricted quite heavily, they would go well upto about 32mph then it was game over, I think I remember using a pattern top coil gets round this.

I'm actually hankering after a Yamaha BW or Slider for some reason - oh how we laughed when we uncrated the first one of those looks like the kids have stripped it for the fields already etc

Fitted my throttle cables yesterday, rides lovely now. The throttle is much smoother & lighter so I was right not to just replace the inners. Took a couple of pics as it's the nearest ride to owning it 10 years (that was on the 5th Oct).

Even for me these were a bit dirty...

post-20217-0-26724900-1508057389_thumb.jpg

5mins of allow wheel cleaner & a brush later..

post-20217-0-39799800-1508057417_thumb.jpg

It's still pretty clean in the inlets (yes I wiped the dirt out before reassembly)

post-20217-0-23936300-1508057459_thumb.jpg

Ride out for 'testing'

post-20217-0-84896400-1508057490_thumb.jpg

post-20217-0-17491500-1508057515_thumb.jpg

And how it looked 10 years ago with only 7.5k on...

post-20217-0-43112200-1508057581_thumb.jpg

It shows that if you look after them, they can last! - I have seen some shockers over the years with a quarter of the mileage!

Doesn't even need much to do it. 4k oil changes with Halfords oil, that's the recommended interval so nowt extra and rebuild the brakes every other year. Not really done much else except fuel filters until 108k when I got the forks rechromed.

Phase 1 of today's mission is complete. I must have ridden home really fast because all the stickers blew off ;)

attachicon.gifIMG_20171015_132450.jpg

Next up djimbob and I have a certain Honda Caren to collectioneer...

I was about to say that is utterly minging from that angle, then I saw what else you'd collected!

Fitted my throttle cables yesterday, rides lovely now. The throttle is much smoother & lighter so I was right not to just replace the inners. Took a couple of pics as it's the nearest ride to owning it 10 years (that was on the 5th Oct).

Even for me these were a bit dirty...

attachicon.gif20171014_130546.jpg

5mins of allow wheel cleaner & a brush later..

attachicon.gif20171014_132608.jpg

It's still pretty clean in the inlets (yes I wiped the dirt out before reassembly)

attachicon.gif20171014_130626.jpg

Ride out for 'testing'

attachicon.gif20171014_171321.jpg

attachicon.gif20171014_171414.jpg

And how it looked 10 years ago with only 7.5k on...

attachicon.gifPICT0004.JPG

Looking good, get some Harpic on the headers to clean them up a treat.

In other news I have decided its time to move the Versys on, its a fantastic bike but 70bhp just isn't enough for fast road riding, there's not enough punch to pass modern TD cars if they put their foot down, which I'm not used to after years of litre bikes, another FZS thou beckons.

Speaking of fleet reduction fails...  :-( two more in another garage and several spare frames squirrelled away elsewhere. What the fuck is wrong with me!!!

WP_20171011_12_48_34_Pro by paul.bottomley, on Flickr

Was it you that tipped up in a (Sprinter?) van and bought mine last year?

Looking good, get some Harpic on the headers to clean them up a treat.

Do behave! that's their winter anti-salt coating I've built up over the summer.

Couldn't resist getting stuck into my latest rank moped this evening after work. The cause of the seizure didn't require the detective prowess of Sherlock Holmes - the oil tank is bone dry!

Unfortunately, it would appear that the engine is toast... the piston is seized into the bore as expected but, more worryingly, the crank bearings are seized solid. When you take into account the cost of a rebore, piston kit and new bearings/seals I might as well look out for a complete 2nd hand engine.