The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Ive just sent off for a ticket to the Dragon Rally,never been before,or camping on a bike before,but something ive always wanted to do,ill be going on the MZ :-)

Nice one, I went every year from 1980-88. Not sure I'd do it now though, I'm too old for all that winter camping. Still do a lot in summer.

One's too many, ten's not enough!

Found out why my throttle cable hasn't arrived.

I set up a new account on their website as the old one refused to let me update the delivery address. So after I placed the order they merged the accounts & sent it to the wrong delivery address, which is why I stopped using the old account ffs!

10 years to the day since I got my GSX14, couldn't ride it though as the parts still haven't arrived FFS.

I didn't use my account with an online supplier as every time I update the delivery address it fails to save & goes back to the old place. Setup a new account with the right address, their system notices the same details & merges the accounts keeping the old wrong delivery address!

I give up...

I am hooked on V-twins, and two strokes to a very slightly lesser extent. So what better way to combine the two than with an Aprilia RS 250?

Been offered a 1998 model, standard, one owner, used sparingly, and for a really good price (just about half af what a similar condition LC250 is fetching). Going to look at it one day next week, but have agreed in principle to have it.

Not read any horror stories about them - just use top quality two stroke oil, thoroughly warm up before thrashing, and budget for a top end rebuild every so often ( so the same as my Cagiva Mito then), but if anyone on here knows differently, be glad to hear of it..

I am hooked on V-twins, and two strokes to a very slightly lesser extent. So what better way to combine the two than with an Aprilia RS 250?

Been offered a 1998 model, standard, one owner, used sparingly, and for a really good price (just about half af what a similar condition LC250 is fetching). Going to look at it one day next week, but have agreed in principle to have it.

Not read any horror stories about them - just use top quality two stroke oil, thoroughly warm up before thrashing, and budget for a top end rebuild every so often ( so the same as my Cagiva Mito then), but if anyone on here knows differently, be glad to hear of it..

You are pretty much on the money there, watch for powervalve wear as 13,000 miles is bizarrely a common mileage for them to fail even when run properly, I woiuld budget for a rebuild as there are kits that improve the issue, get some pics up, '98 would be a Mk1 if I am right?

I had a RGV250N from new (Same engine, different lectrics) and it was at the time, lush, my first big bike, engine was superb with better exhausts

It's a Mark 1, and has done 14,000 kms, and is completely standard. Since being offerred it, I've had a look around the internet (a great Aprilia section on the RGV forum), and there is a wealth of info on these. For instance I knew the engine was basically the RGV with different barrels, but never knew the frame was built by Benelli for Aprilia.

I've had a few two strokes in my past, Suzuki GT's (twins and triples), Yamaha's (but never an LC) and in the 90's ran a race team with a couple of Yamaha TZ250 V-twins, but since about 1980 I have had four strokes on the road. Only two strokes I've owned since then have been a Suzuki Hokuto I've had about five years and Cagiva Mito I got last year that is truely a great little thing to ride.

I've no doubt the RS is as good as I've been told (my brother found it for me) then it's as good as in my garage.

Gave the Versys a deep clean today and parked it for the winter, I can't be bothered riding when there's so much shit on the roads and its cold, I'm going to sell my Astra then look for something sportier to accompany it to do the odd track day on and take my brain out occasionally.

Dear Mumsnet    Filth!  oh the Filth      green? waxcotton last worn attempting to ride an ex WD B40 from near Hamburg to Morocco many years ago so a mix of incontinent engine oil, road filth, wax and dead insects.  Is there some way to drastically clean waxed cotton without destroying a washing machine?

post-7239-0-59752700-1507473245_thumb.jpg

Chopped my 18 month old dirt bike in for a new one of exactly the same bike . Sounds v dull but it's a cracking bike and my spare wheels /tools and parts will all swap over. The old one had 130 hard racing hours on it so was due piston , clutch , chassis bearings etc so I decided on a shiny new one again .

Ran it in today and all oils changed ready for two days trail riding on the iom next week - can't wait

Dear Mumsnet    Filth!  oh the Filth      green? waxcotton last worn attempting to ride an ex WD B40 from near Hamburg to Morocco many years ago so a mix of incontinent engine oil, road filth, wax and dead insects.  Is there some way to drastically clean waxed cotton without destroying a washing machine?

attachicon.gifIMG_20171008_153056.jpg

Does it really need washing?