The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

I'd always thought they were bigger than that, dunno why.

Just chased up my throttle cable, should be with me tues/weds after ordering last monday. No stock in europe it seems so no surprised it's taking a while.

what exactly is this russian thingy

1971 Voskhod 175 (again, this is not my bike):

b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg?u=http%3A%2F%2Fonly-carz

It's a Phase 1 bike like this, but mine's red (original paint!) and still has the rare tin leg shields. I'd hoped to get pics up today, but it's been busy and I now have to go to work tomorrow. I will whack some up as soon as poss...

Mine is the 89cc version from the US (this pic is not my bike, but the right year - 1967):

Not sure if I want to part with that yet though...

That is fabulous, never seen or heard of one of them before.

In (far) less exciting news, went out on the scooter for the first time since fetching it back from the garage that did the warranty work. They changed the ECU (something about a new, better one) as it had been stalling when warm sometimes.

Anyhow, it seems to pull much, much more cleanly now and appears a touch faster too. Had a lovely blast up to Delamere on it, need to rack up the miles as they say you can't thrash them 'til you've reached the 1,000 mark. Don't intend to welly it round all the time, you don't buy one of these to ride everywhere at 80mph or whatever they do. The extra 'power' over slower scooters is a God send though.

scomadi delamere sept 2017.jpg

Scomadi Delamerea 2017.jpg

That is fabulous, never seen or heard of one of them before.

In (far) less exciting news, went out on the scooter for the first time since fetching it back from the garage that did the warranty work. They changed the ECU (something about a new, better one) as it had been stalling when warm sometimes.

Anyhow, it seems to pull much, much more cleanly now and appears a touch faster too. Had a lovely blast up to Delamere on it, need to rack up the miles as they say you can't thrash them 'til you've reached the 1,000 mark. Don't intend to welly it round all the time, you don't buy one of these to ride everywhere at 80mph or whatever they do. The extra 'power' over slower scooters is a God send though.

scomadi delamere sept 2017.jpg

Scomadi Delamerea 2017.jpg

Looks ace man, well in

After uploading my photo's of the results of a brain fart in the grumpy thread I realised I hadn't introduced the VFR properly. So have a picture of it this morning next to a windmill. 

post-20069-0-33371600-1506248735_thumb.jpg

No wonder it fell over if I park it at angles like that.....

How do I rotate a photo on here? When I open it on my laptop it's already the right way round.

/\

Might be worth opening it in 'paint' on your computer, then 'rotate right 90' or whatever it is. Also, for some reason, holding your phone sideways when taking pictures seems to make them open properly on here. Why, I have no idea.

1971 Voskhod 175 (again, this is not my bike):

b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg?u=http%3A%2F%2Fonly-carz

It's a Phase 1 bike like this, but mine's red (original paint!) and still has the rare tin leg shields. I'd hoped to get pics up today, but it's been busy and I now have to go to work tomorrow. I will whack some up as soon as poss...

never seen or heard of one,the fact its 2 stroke is a whinnnahhh.

off to find out more about them.

/\

Might be worth opening it in 'paint' on your computer, then 'rotate right 90' or whatever it is. Also, for some reason, holding your phone sideways when taking pictures seems to make them open properly on here. Why, I have no idea.

If ya on W7 or newer you can just right click & rotate when looking at them in file explorer.

The reason the orientation of your phone matters is it tags the pic with which way is up when it takes it, but not everyone uses the tags properly.

That is FUCKING AWESOME 

Given that the plate looks original and the badges are missing I'm guessing it was an original UK bike and would have been sold here as a "Cossack".

From what I've read (which was, admittedly, a while ago) Neval Motorcycles only imported these from 1974, badging them as 'Cossack', with that name on the log book. All the Cossack ones I've seen were Phase 2 bikes like this one:

b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.ytimg.

Mine is a 1971 bike, registered as a Voskhod at new. I asked on a (now disappeared) Russian bike forum, but no-one had any idea who imported it.