The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

My CBX has been on loan to a mate for the last couple of weeks. I turned up yesterday to pick it up & it was dead... no dash lights at all. Very strange, because he'd ridden it to work and back that very day.

Plenty of juice in the battery though, so I checked the ignition switch. One of the solder connections at the back of the switch had given way and the wire was hanging loose  :shock:

Luckily it hadn't happened while my mate was riding the bike, he doesn't understand how vehicles work.

Even more luckily, one of his neighbours saw me stripping the ignition barrel out & came over with a gas soldering iron, a reel of solder & a tin of flux, so 5 mins later I'd fixed it :-)

I had a wire fall out of a multiplug on my RF600, so all the ignition went dead. Coasted the thing a mile or so downhill to the town I could see & managed to find a shop selling crimps to bodge it up. The bodge was still there when I sold it.

For the more technically challenged (i.e me) here are the photos I was dribbling over!

post-5068-0-21512800-1505686845_thumb.jpg

post-5068-0-33902800-1505686857_thumb.jpg

I should have bought one when they were affordable....

For the more technically challenged (i.e me) here are the photos I was dribbling over!

rd1.jpg

rd2.jpg

I should have bought one when they were affordable....

That Martini paintwork really suits that.

I used to ride these when they were cheap and the poseurs had moved on, they would look down on you for riding an older bike.

I paid £400 for my last one and used it as a winter bike, a role it was entirely unsuited for because it was very loud and in a very high state of tune.

It's funny how it has gone full circle now.

I have, only last night, bought a fine 2-wheeled conveyance, and by my standards it is practically new (2009)! And as if that weren't enough, it boasts the biggest engine I have ever owned in such a device... exciting times.

This means that fleet reduction must happen, and not the AS version of fleet reduction where you buy three and sell one either. So if anyone's interested in owning a Mobylette, or a manky Russian 175cc 2-stroke, or maybe even a Honda Trail 90 - watch this space. I'll get some pictures and prices up at the weekend.

Wot u by m9

Trail pics or else

Despite being modern, it has pretty good shite credentials: shitcanned after only three model years in Europe, a kind of white elephant: no-one really knew what it was - cruiser, tourer or scooter - and neither did the people who made it. It was expensive, too, so nobody bought one. I thought they were great, naturally, and have coveted this one for a couple of years now.