The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

My mate is holidaying in Croatia, and apart from sending me photos of Renner 4's he has seen, he also send in details of mopeds for sale. Maybe time he and I took a van down there and buy some ( he speaks Croatian, so negotiations will be easier. I do like the look (and price) of these:

http://www.oglasnik.hr/mopedi/tomos-tls-14-1977-god-oglas-1736890

I've had my Bonnie ten years last march, but it's been off the road for five because 70s Triumph & house stuff.

I consider this acceptable as I've only had my bike licence two months longer than the bike.

Really fancy one of these at the moment but the pricing is way off as far as I'm concerend:

gv_650_red.jpg

Do they still have the blue digi dash in the tank?

The Scomadi has done a Scomadi: the speedo unit is playing up, as in the total mileage just reads 999999999. Luckily the MPH (and trip) are working though, so I can how fast it's going. It also occasionally cuts out when you coast to a stop, but always re-starts. On top of these things, the bar end 'thing' fell off as I turned into work the other day!

Not actually too despondent, as it's under warranty and the cutting out and speedo problems are known faults which I genned up one before buying the bike. Scomadi say they have sourced a new supplier of speedos, which are due in this week. The cutting out is anything from re-flashing the ECU to a new piston, and maybe using supermarket fuel. Not convinced it's either of the last two as it pulls well and I've only put expensive Shell juice in it.

Anyhow, the nearest approved repair agents are Liverpool and Rhyl, so rode it across the border to the latter (which is the same as the former, only with more scousers and more caravans) yesterday morning and hope to be collecting it again next weekend. There are still issues with people paying deposits and having to get them back because supply of the scooters is very sketchy. I'd have happily bought a new one but couldn't find one, so opted for second hand. The reason (they say) is a switch from  production in China to somewhere else (possibly Thailand) and the waiting times seem to be increasing. A few get through and supposedly you can go to Spain and get one a bit cheaper, but it's not ideal at the minute.

In fairness to them though, they are really helpful and do seem keen to sort out problems and what not. Rumours of a 400 coming out too, they've tested one which needs some jiggling to get it right and talk is of an easy 80-90mph, I think.  Have been told they can tune the 200 to near those speeds, waiting to run in mine in before I get that sorted as it's topping £700 I think for the exhaust, stage 3 package and fitting.

So I had a choice of three NOS headsets from the Honda shop in Belgium, None was the same paint code as the bike, so I just said 'Surprise me'...

post-19532-0-83543000-1503224776_thumb.jpg

I had a quick* whizz round the block, saw an indicated 30mph on the clock and nothing fell off etc. And, apart from throwing it in the BX and taking it to the test centre, that's it really!

It's been fun, but I have no use for such a device. So if you have the urge to own this festering - albeit fully-functioning - pizza lugger, watch out for the For Sale thread coming soon. It could be your lucky* day.

In fact, you could be winning on two fronts, as not only will you be beating off the opposite sex with a shitty stick, half the proceeds will go to the Thai school-building project our very own Will_Cleland is currently working on, so you can tell your OH that you bought it aid of a good cause :)

post-19532-0-57073600-1503224543_thumb.jpg

Once this and 6-Cyl's Aprilia are gone, there isn't half going to be some room in my garage... WTD BARN FIND PROJECT INCOMPLETE CRASHD STOLN RECD WHY.