The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Guest Hooli

no 22k in less than 18 months does that :D

i looked at busa 10 years ago but i couldnt keep it in tyres and chains

two chains a year? tyre every six weeks?? ]

haha no

Depends how you ride it of course, as you well now.

Jerzy Woking, on 07 Aug 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

I just bought a Ducati 900SS which should make its tyres last a bit longer than they do on my RC8. Never owned a Ducati before but so far all good - and far more comfortable to ride than the Harley Sportster I had.

Nice one. Let us know how you get on with it.

Here's a phot of my Ducati. It's standard with no mods at all-apart from a Japanese rectifier and some badly applied gold paint to the engine cases (which will be blasted off soon). I'm off to the Festival Italia at Brands Hatch on it on Sunday, it's first real run on it for me.

post-19526-0-85410100-1502393325_thumb.jpg

Yes then, but I can't remember if they called them the Dulville? (can't recall the exact name) before or after NT700, probably before as I think the Dullville was 650.

From what I know, they are dull, reliable & like a baby Pan with less power. Loved by couriers I think as unkillabley Honda

I know fuck all about bikes.. Is a 1998 Honda NT600 worth having ? Its been left standing and it now wont start apparently , but its cheap and it looked pretty modern...I can fix anything :-D

That's a Deauville. Tough as old boots, and can run up six figure mileages if not totally neglected. If you're not a weekend thrill-seeker this is a very decent bike indeed.

If you decide you're not interested let me know! I'd have the seller's hand off at that price.

What was actually said by the bike engineer when i asked if he had any old motorbikes to make a bobber , was ..

( and he ain't a twat  )    

" That's got to go... the owner left it standing outside ,it wouldn't start ,  he brought it here for me to get it running , I told him straight it would probably be a 600 quid bill, and  the bike isn't worth that . So he said sell it .  I'm putting it on ebay for him... it should make  150 quid , well,  i hope it makes 150 ,  as i told him  that's what  its worth.  "  

What was actually said by the bike engineer when i asked if he had any old motorbikes to make a bobber , was ..

( and he ain't a twat  )    

" That's got to go... the owner left it standing outside ,it wouldn't start ,  he brought it here for me to get it running , I told him straight it would probably be a 600 quid bill, and  the bike isn't worth that . So he said sell it .  I'm putting it on ebay for him... it should make  150 quid , well,  i hope it makes 150 ,  as i told him  that's what  its worth.  "  

Ah OK. Well, unless it's a complete shitter with bits missing etc., even as a non-runner I reckon he'll be pleasantly surprised with what it makes. Defo more than £150 I would say!

It wasn't in its first flush of youth ! Paint was dull , the seat vinyl was cracked where it folds up under the seat on the sides, front disc was ridged , wheels were shabby ..back tyre was worn out . scratches on the panniers . That didn't bother me all that would be removed , just the frames on these modern bikes are all bloody square tube ! And i want a shitter one with round tube !  Would a Cz 250  make a bobber ?Can you have a 2 stroke bobber? I know where there's one of those,  but it is well rough..  

My mate was given a Yamaha 80cc, don't know what model ,( but the bloke who gave it to him said they fetch good money restored . )and he said i can have it . (he knows fuck all about motorbikes too! ) .. He said it looks like a motorbike ,rather than a honda 50 dugout , but i expect that's a 2 stroke too .  :-(

Even Steve McQueen wouldn't have been able get a 80cc bobber  over a 6ft wire fence  :-(

My mate was given a Yamaha 80cc, don't know what model ,( but the bloke who gave it to him said they fetch good money restored . )and he said i can have it . (he knows fuck all about motorbikes too! ) .. He said it looks like a motorbike ,rather than a honda 50 dugout , but i expect that's a 2 stroke too .  :-(

If it's a TY80 then it is, and they do!

What's the general view on high mileage bikes? I'm still hypothesising about bikes after my Mod 2 so have been day dreaming on auto trader and ebay, for something as common as an SV650 is it best to walk on by a 60k example given a couple of hundred quid more would get you one with a third of the milage? Car wise I'd always go on condition instead, given we're talking 10 year old vehicles and this example looks surprisingly tidy, but are there likely to be lots of things about to wear out at that age on a bike, headset bearings etc...?

This one I'm not sure is quite cheap enough, but I thought I'd ask you gents for a general idea.