The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Just got a year's ticket on the Gamma. The bike feels superb. Before i couldn't bear riding it across town (cutting out at the lights, unrideable power delivery, feeble brakes etc). Now it pulls like it should, cleanly but slow low down and then like a small GP bike up top. Fresh fluid, braided hoses, pads and clean pistons have done wonders for stopping power too. One advisory on the print-out, rear tyre cracking, will need to do that at some point.

Ended up shooting the shit with the MOT guy for a good 45 mins. He's a proper shite-ist himself, even if he doesn't know it. A workshop full of old superdreams, diversions, old honda trailies etc. He's got a C2 as a daily and a Sovereign in his garage.

loaded up the R6 this morning with a three man tent, camp bed, sleeping bag, stove, chair and a few clothes.

annual BCF BBQ begins this evening, so straight after work im off up north :-)

Lee

phone cable phone wallet grundies t shirt 2 books fleece and over trousers

pointing at wales for boaty mc boatface later

Just pulling your leg sir!

Are they going to retap the plug hole thingy or are they talking a new sump?

There was nothing wrong with thread - plug went straight back in.

However on way home from picking bike up the front brake stuck on - the improved braided hoses had obviously pushed pistons out further than normal and filth stopped them from freeing off.

So after having a service I had to strip and clean the front brakes - they just check the lining thickness nowadays. It needed it because MOT is due next week.

Guest Hooli

Less than 1k from getting new tyres fitted I've had one puncture repaired in the rear already & today I found a two inch screw in the back tyre again...

...Somehow it'd gone in flat so it was just through the tread block in line with the carcass. Pulled it out & no leak! I was amazed.