The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Guest Hooli

Yonks ago the then gf had a J plated CG125 that needed a new topend as the blow by was so bad it'd blow the oil cap clean off if unscrewed at idle. I am still amazed that by using chinese parts I replaced the whole topend in a couple of hours for 35quid. Last I heard it was still running too.

A friend of mine tagged me in a couple of photos he dug out on Facebook. Loved that c90. Ropey as hell but kept clinging on (rather like it's owner). I took it all over the country and it never failed. Even got me home running on fresh crisp and dry when the oil cooler hose split and dumped the oil over my riggers. It went through various stages, once had a homemade top box on wrapped in zebra vinyl then the pizza box went on. It also had speakers and aux input for my phone at one point as well as a suicide shifter. The pics are in full touring spec with the leather panniers which I still have in the shed. Was nicknamed the brasswing by a few friends and was very well known for either being on its back wheel or practically being laid on its side while hard cornering. Had scratch marks on the underside of the exhaust and the footpegs from cornering too.

post-5685-0-33686100-1493564181_thumb.jpg

post-5685-0-30598700-1493564211_thumb.jpg

post-5685-0-65426000-1493564219_thumb.jpg

I bought this for 1190 on the eBay. It is jolly.

1998, but registered in 2001. Looks and feels like a 70s bike, but has upgraded lights.

post-5528-0-91299000-1493530526.jpg

post-5528-0-48705500-1493530572.jpg

post-5528-0-58502700-1493530610.jpg

post-5528-0-85387800-1493530643.jpg

post-5528-0-05286500-1493530692.jpg

Is that a rotary gearbox type? If so we had a load via David Silver, they used to come debadged but Honda ones would screw on.

They're a bugger to order specific parts for, we used to use a paper parts book that came with them.

Guest Breadvan72

Honda gearbox, AFAIK.  This bike was made in Japan, not Brazil or Turkey.   Neutral at the top, four down.

Guest Breadvan72

From the eBay ad for the CD125 -

This model is possibly one of a batch made in Japan ( not Turkey or Brazil) for the Chinese market but were never sold in China as they had started to make their own CG clones. As Honda were having problems with their new factory in Brazil - a reputable UK importer brought them here.
They have a four speed gearbox with unusual configuration of Neutral at the top and then tap the pedal down 4 times to Top gear, plus they have a Rev Counter.

Think that's a bit low21aae1af5b5a599a4855e3380b77346d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Has the bike been left standing for some time? All engines based on the GPz900 (that engine looks like a big Kawa but not 100% certain) drain oil back into a cavity under the crank that is normally scavenged when the engine is running. The level can drop half way down the glass if the bike has been left standing for a few days as that cavity slowly fills up again. Oil level should be checked 5 mins after the engine is stopped according to the manual IIRC. Things may not be as bad as they look but it definitely needs topped up.

Has the bike been left standing for some time? All engines based on the GPz900 (that engine looks like a big Kawa but not 100% certain) drain oil back into a cavity under the crank that is normally scavenged when the engine is running. The level can drop half way down the glass if the bike has been left standing for a few days as that cavity slowly fills up again. Oil level should be checked 5 mins after the engine is stopped according to the manual IIRC. Things may not be as bad as they look but it definitely needs topped up.

Bang on, zzr1100 sitting for a couple of weeks. After running it's still low but above the minimum mark. Due a service....

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Guest Breadvan72

/\

That speedo looks like a Snap-on fault code reader. Class looking bike though, fair play.

The owners hand book on setting it up runs from page 26 to page 80. Fifty four pages. 

Wonder how many pages are in the Snap On reader instruction manual?