The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

It looks awful, but 500cc.... On a car licence. ( If you have a car licence before Jan 2013)

A quick insurance quote was 3 times a Tricity. (If I had motorbicycle licence)

?

I love the Tricity, but I also love the idea of a used Burgman 650. I'd be dead within 20 minutes. Which would also be cheaper to insure than a new Tricity, but a Tricity on finance is practically 'nothing'.

However I refuse to drive on L plates like a child rapist, so I'd have to foot the £650+ licence fee.

And that was how I spent my Sunday night.

17837C34-1ACD-48F1-AEFC-3252B26B44EE.jpeg

1 hour ago, Barry Cade said:

I've gone rouge 

Mmmm sailor - I've been looking at the 250 wee Strom but it tops out at 85 - I don't want a 650 as it's a v twin I hate them - looking at cb500x nc700x or versys 300

I'm currently waiting for the last of these to take me back to SPT so I can ride home

No wai I'm doing A6 in the dark and big rain they promised (unfounded)

Buxton station Japanese garden

IMG_20190602_222423.jpg

IMG_20190602_221913.jpg

My CBR 600 F2. I bought this a week after I passed my test in 2010 for just under a bag. I've done 45000 miles on it. I've also lowsided it into a wall, hence the shitey Chinese replacement plastics. It is awesomely reliable and has been used all year round, although I tend to avoid winter nights as the pathetic single front headlight has all the candlepower of a wind up torch. Plus it's so shit that no self respecting bike thief is ever going to give it a second glance, so I can park it anywhere with impunity.  

WhdOxqJ.jpg?1

y6EKgE3.jpg?1

11 hours ago, They_all_do_that_sir said:

Just made a collection, this one is for the good lady

One in, one out..? ?

I see what you mean about the Roomster though, that's a more impressive bike hauler than I'd have thought!

Gimme a yell if you want a hand clipping the wee Vision back together; have been looking at tyres and batteries...

Ive come to the stark realisation that I'l get feck all for the Hyosung ( which is fine as its cost me feck all) so Im going to keep it as I havent got the money to throw at buying another bike at the moment.

Im now using it as a daily. Its heavy, horrible, but not slow for a 250 as the driver of the Audi TT discovered when he tried to beat me from the lights this morning.

I need to sort out a permanent fix for the non working speedo other than my phone stuck on the tank with magnets. The original fit Shandong brand tyres are terrible and white line  - in fact if I go over one of those huge arrows in the road it really is brown trousers time. A pair of Maxxis replacements cost less than £110 so may be making there way to the bike soon. Ive bodged the rear seat squab lock so it fits / works and all i really need to do now is fit the proper ignition barrel to it rather than the Sym Dibbly effort that is fitted currently.

On the plus side it runs on fumes.

13 hours ago, They_all_do_that_sir said:

Just made a collection, this one is for the good lady

1 hour ago, Datsuncog said:

I see what you mean about the Roomster though, that's a more impressive bike hauler than I'd have thought!

My first proper motorbike was a Neval Minsk 125 which a mate and I picked up in his dads Marina van. We put it on the home made roof rack. I particularly remember when we were hauling it up, front wheel first with me pushing from below, black liquid two stroke oil running out of the silencer and down my sleeve (as far as the elbow)

35 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

Ive come to the stark realisation that I'l get feck all for the Hyosung ( which is fine as its cost me feck all) so Im going to keep it as I havent got the money to throw at buying another bike at the moment.

Im now using it as a daily. Its heavy, horrible, but not slow for a 250 as the driver of the Audi TT discovered when he tried to beat me from the lights this morning.

I need to sort out a permanent fix for the non working speedo other than my phone stuck on the tank with magnets. The original fit Shandong brand tyres are terrible and white line  - in fact if I go over one of those huge arrows in the road it really is brown trousers time. A pair of Maxxis replacements cost less than £110 so may be making there way to the bike soon. Ive bodged the rear seat squab lock so it fits / works and all i really need to do now is fit the proper ignition barrel to it rather than the Sym Dibbly effort that is fitted currently.

On the plus side it runs on fumes.

No worse a bike than a comparative Japanese 250 of the same age. Most are heavy, not very rapid four strokes. My mate had the (ex-Wuvvum) 125 which was stripped of all its plastic and bobbed (for want of a better description) which looked all right as well executed, and on a tiny budget. 

Got scrapped when the ECU went pop, probably because all the wires were ock hard and fooked.

I'd have one if I needed a "get around" bike, but then I'm a sucker for a v-twin of any size. 

Once you get decent tyres on it (the Maxxis tyres fitted to the work GSX-R1000 were bloody brilliant, wet or dry) you will find it a much nicer bike to ride-surprising how the right/wrong tyres can make a bike great/nasty to ride.

One in, one out..? 
Gimme a yell if you want a hand clipping the wee Vision back together; have been looking at tyres and batteries...
The roomster was supposed to be a stop gap car but I keep finding new reasons to keep it! A full size motorcycle would be a struggle to be honest however the vision would likely go in without even taking the seats out

It's actually a case of two out as this dear friend made her final trip up the driveway on Saturdaya95388348d7fd9eb739ec18c903b8064.jpg

I'll try and get something sorted with the vision this weekend, I'm looking forward to being able to get inside the shed once it's moved....

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, 83C said:

I’d like another 1100 to go with the 1400, preferably in full on 90’s retro bad taste colours.

Always wanted a ZZR in the  Purple and Bronze double decker colours like my ZX9, but I prefer the ZZR C model like this late C3 I had. Promised myself one in 1990 when I was 16. Only took 25 years ...

12062012060.thumb.jpg.f1ace4d6496d9a0b6581ce42c24b0d49.jpgears.

Anyone interested in my 1999 SV650? I have had it a few years now (apart from a few months when I sold it to my mate then bought it back when he had renovated it!) and used it in the main for my 120 mile daily commute until I bought Strangeangels Maxi scooter, after which it's been used infrequently.

Great runner, and its fairly tidy overall with just a few marks here and there. Carbon Can Co end can-sounds nice and isn't noisy. Done around 56,000 miles.

Will put 12 months MOT on it in next week. Comes with standard exhaust, spare wheels and tyres and a few other bits and pieces.

Selling because I'll be living back in Spain and touring around Europe for God knows how long from August, and won't have anywhere to store it as bringing 2 bikes back to the UK next week.

For those in that there London, please note that this is NOT ULEZ compliant, unless you hang a padlocked chain over the number plate.

Good bike for those that have recently passed their test as well as more experienced riders. I purchased it with the intention of selling it on (it was cheap) but one ride and I really liked it.

Oh yes, £700 to a Shiter. I'll get some more photos when I get back, as this seems to be the only photo I have of it, taken when I purchased it. It's much, much tidier now!

Could also deliver a reasonable distance for the price of my diesel.

20181107_173730.png

Indeed, it is in North Essex, not far from Braintree. However, until Thursday pr Friday, I am in Spain

I'll get some photos as soon as I am back-the only photos I have of it are from when I first bought it March 2015.

Also has heated grips fitted too, essential for a British summer.