The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Maybe this should be in the stupid question thread, I was looking at my licence as I've just changed address, only two years late!. I noticed I have Cat A listed on my licence, this Cat is  'Unrestricted motorcycles in size/power, with or without a sidecar, and motor tricycles with power output over 15 kW' I don't remember taking a motorbike test or have I miss understood my licence?!

post-4612-0-36699500-1550837806_thumb.png

Having sold all of my twist'n go scooters, I have found the commute in and from work is a pain, constantly up and down the gearbox, clutch in and out (and i admit a couple of times i pulled it because I thought it was the rear brake).

So a newish BMW R1200RS proves no match for an old 400cc scooter in the cut and thrust of urban hell.

Having sold all of my twist'n go scooters, I have found the commute in and from work is a pain, constantly up and down the gearbox, clutch in and out (and i admit a couple of times i pulled it because I thought it was the rear brake).

So a newish BMW R1200RS proves no match for an old 400cc scooter in the cut and thrust of urban hell.

Because of the eternal hell that is Worcester County Council and 'roadworks' that is why I now own a 318 Touring Auto  :-)

Although was temped by a twist and go. Or a Interceptor, or a 300exc or..

Yeah, A 79(tri) or 79.03 is granddad rights for those that passed a cat B licence before a certain date.

It allows those licence holders to drive a Reliant wheelbarrow, 30's style Morgan or certain Piaggio MP3s for example.

Background was implementation of the EU 3rd Driving Licence directive around 2013(?) when mopeds also moved from being a national category (p) to AM. Because p isn't quit the same as AM, I think they stuck in a category q.

Categories you don't see anymore:

B1 - light trikes and quads

j - invalid carriage

l - electric

m - trolley bus

n - duty exempt

Yeah, A 79(tri) or 79.03 is granddad rights for those that passed a cat B licence before a certain date.

It allows those licence holders to drive a Reliant wheelbarrow, 30's style Morgan or certain Piaggio MP3s for example.

Background was implementation of the EU 3rd Driving Licence directive around 2013(?) when mopeds also moved from being a national category (p) to AM. Because p isn't quit the same as AM, I think they stuck in a category q.

j - invalid carriage

l - electric

m - trolley bus

n - duty exempt

The 'certain' is a good point - it's to do with the width between the paired wheels, under a certain width (<460mm?) a tricycle is still classified as a bicycle, so you may need to cancel your Niken order (410mm between wheels).

j - invalid carriage

l - electric

m - trolley bus

n - duty exempt

All sorts of shite on mine.

Still got a P at the bottom. ec854c8d8ce9e542d35522322c05e827.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk