The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Ditto,this will be my third winter on the MZ,and every time the clocks change i remember all the jobs i should have done in the summer.first thing is I've ordered some more led bulbs to replace sidelight and instruments,will give my generator an easier time as will only have a 60/55 h4 halogen running,all others led,so I might get some heated grips to use my freed up power :-) need a screen as well.

Though this is nothing to do with me nor the information I was looking for ( making  Perouda Nippa engine ECU to fit the thing into a bike frame).

I find this fascinating, some person inna shed making his/her own ECU controlled fuel injected two stroke bike engine.

https://speeduino.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2020

Ditto,this will be my third winter on the MZ,and every time the clocks change i remember all the jobs i should have done in the summer.first thing is I've ordered some more led bulbs to replace sidelight and instruments,will give my generator an easier time as will only have a 60/55 h4 halogen running,all others led,so I might get some heated grips to use my freed up power :-) need a screen as well.

Why do I ALWAZ leave it until it is a problem.

Had an email that there were new BikeSafe courses for my local force so I've phoned up and got booked in.

Not until July mind, but hopefully it'll be a good day for the £50 odd :)

I've heard mixed reports, Thames Valley plod are often said to do excellent interesting courses. I did one with South Yorks & it was so basic I'm amazed anyone could pass their test without knowing it all.

I did

I don't know anyone else who's done one so taking a bit of a punt, but £50 for 7 hours with a TV police rider doesn't seem like bad value even if it is dead basic :)I

I did one a few years back and it was a great day out, learned a lot, and there were only 3 of us so got a lot of time 1-1. They were free up here at the time and I'd have happily paid £50 or whatever for the day we had. Even better- the cop's name was Gordon Jackson. I think he rather liked being called Cowley the whole day.. We were the only 2 old enough to get it...

I've heard mixed reports, Thames Valley plod are often said to do excellent interesting courses. I did one with South Yorks & it was so basic I'm amazed anyone could pass their test without knowing it all.

What did they say about use of speed, I know one rider in South Yorks who had a right argument with the instructor (who he knew anyway) about when it was appropriate and when it wasn't, boiling down to back lanes v A roads/ dual carrigeways,

Is anyone going to the Motorcycle Show at the NEC?

I quite fancy doing either the Saturday (24th) or Sunday (25th). I havent been for years, but want to have look at the latest stuff. I'll go up on the bike [unless it snows].

If anyone wants to join me there, then let me know.

Now I can get my bike out again I thought it was rude not to enjoy the sunshine today. Been out, got my bike boots fixed, popped down & visited Bub and watched the odo tick over 124k meaning it needs yet another service. It needs a back tyre too so will shortly get parked up for a bit as I want to strip the oil cooler off to replace the seized fan & treat the pipe work for rust before it becomes an issue.

Managed to get the afternoon free for a bit of new biking, but as it was raining I settled for fettling.

First up, replace bodge chain adjuster with the real deal.

post-19553-0-56610600-1541354435_thumb.jpeg

Much better.

post-19553-0-90892500-1541354503_thumb.jpeg

During this process discovered the previous owner had set the chain way too tight, so I set that up properly. Cleaned all the gunk off, rehung the silencers properly (one needs reriviting a bit) and set the chain guard straight.

post-19553-0-27657800-1541354865_thumb.jpeg

Much better.

post-19553-0-71166200-1541354918_thumb.jpeg

Then round to the front to replace the massively shite aftermarket indicators with proper ones that people have a chance of seeing. Must be getting old. I also investigated why there was insulation tape round the headlight, which seems to be just a lost locating screw, which I happily had a spare of.

post-19553-0-40072000-1541355378_thumb.jpeg

Should be seeable.

post-19553-0-35545200-1541355324_thumb.jpeg

Then time was up, but I’m happy with my work.

I dragged the MT out of the garage and washed the flies and mud off it from when I last rode it a month ago, dried it off and gave the chain a clean and lube and locked it up under a couple of blankets, I won't be riding until April now so need to find something to do over the winter.

Might buy a cheap blackbird or something to fettle over winter as the MT is hopeless as a tourer/distance bike.