The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

It’s a sweet little thing to ride, seem to remember it being a training school favourite, can see why.

Extended mudguards front and rear I believe. Despite that, the wettest this has been is when it’s been cleaned. All the fins on the block are still shiny and clean. Gurt lush.

UJMs, the Universal japanese motorcycle, seem to be vanishing, well in the form I remember them in anyway; Round headlight, twin instrument pods, air cooled, plank seat, twin shiny low silencers. As ridden by men in grubby waterproofs to work through all seasons since the dawn of time.

They don’t make them like that anymore...

They don’t make them like that anymore - oh yes they do. The Honda CB1100, still available in 2018, meets all your requirements. Bring your own mucky clothes.

https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/street/cb1100-ex/overview.html

post-3405-0-22295100-1539948331_thumb.jpg

Nobody who doesn't ride in the wet buys a fender extender

Incorrect sir. I used to work in a BMW bike dealership. Lots of people who buy fender extender's do not ride in the wet.  (we used to call them BMW owners, but these days its just as likely to be Honda or anything else owners)

Christine, on 23 Oct 2018 - 1:02 PM, said:

If anyone wants a Aprillia rsv1000r   2001 for 2k ,a  friend is buying house , and wants to sell it..

I think he said 20k miles, He 's a pilot ,and is near Gatwick .. 

It'll be an RSV Mille at that age, or the date is wrong - the RSV1000R didn't come out until 2004.

GLWTS.

When I writ it down, I said  , "so it's a rsv Aprillia  ..thousand  ?  "   He said   " Yes , RSV 1000 R  ,  its got the Ohlins and trick stuff.. " He definitely  said 2001 .  Maybe it's been upgraded,  I don't know 

That is an RSV-R. I had the cooking RSV with lesser suspension and heavier wheels.

Never got on with mine, but still have an itch for one of these. I really shouldn't,  but any more details?

That is an RSV-R. I had the cooking RSV with lesser suspension and heavier wheels.

Never got on with mine, but still have an itch for one of these. I really shouldn't,  but any more details?

He looks about 18  :shock:  , flies an Airbus for work   :-D   and   has a metallic blue Lexus...  (and gold stripes on the shoulders of his shirts.)  I'll get his number , I know diddley squat about motorbikes i'm afraid . I haven't even seen it !

I bought a  Sherpa T once , and fell off it, and that was the end of motorbikes for me. 

For Sale, new and never been worn Aprillia jacket, armour and leather, those are spare zips attached to the lining, the most expensive jacket I ever got,  yours for a fraction of that at £125 somewhere in GU2 7XH.  It needs to fit or the protection is not protecting and you'll not be able to do the Serious Biker Gorilla Pose. And I no longer have an Aprillia. 

post-7239-0-90804900-1540370543_thumb.jpg

post-7239-0-47765200-1540370611_thumb.jpg

post-7239-0-10442900-1540370670_thumb.jpg

post-7239-0-92588600-1540370721_thumb.jpg

He looks about 18 :shock: , flies an Airbus for work :-D and has a metallic blue Lexus... (and gold stripes on the shoulders of his shirts.) I'll get his number , I know diddley squat about motorbikes i'm afraid . I haven't even seen it !

I bought a Sherpa T once , and fell off it, and that was the end of motorbikes for me.

Do you still have the Bultaco by any chance?

For Sale, new and never been worn Aprillia jacket, armour and leather, those are spare zips attached to the lining, the most expensive jacket I ever got,  yours for a fraction of that at £125 somewhere in GU2 7XH.  It needs to fit or the protection is not protecting and you'll not be able to do the Serious Biker Gorilla Pose. And I no longer have an Aprillia. 

attachicon.gifIMG_20181024_093635.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20181024_093710.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20181024_093700.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20181024_093644.jpg

I'd be interested in that - need a new jacket and it'll go with the April RS in the cellar......... I'm in Belgium of course - can you PM me a price posted if possible - or I can pay next time I'm over. Depends upon how quickly you want rid! 

I'd be interested in that - need a new jacket and it'll go with the April RS in the cellar......... I'm in Belgium of course - can you PM me a price posted if possible - or I can pay next time I'm over. Depends upon how quickly you want rid! 

If Castro's can meet me at the closest tube to him on Saturday i can meet you at zaventem or tienen on 22nd Dec

Post would be eek

Would there be any interest in my K75 flying brick?I'm finding it a bit big and heavy for me (I'm 11st wet through!) and feel safer on my ikkle MZ.it's an 89 K75,67k,mot until next March.New Avon tyre on the frint,just changed fork seals,added gaiters,New plugs,air filter,oil and filter and general service /grease up. Starts on the button and is turbine smooth to ride.but tatty round the edges but could tart up if that's your thing,or press straight into WBOD mode.comes with optional BMW screen.£700 ono?

How OnO is it? And whereabouts are you located?