The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Looking at flirting off cb5

And doing one of these

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-NC700x/183380925014

Had a go when they were new and apart from the auto being a bit dopey in town it was good

This one is not daft miles and far cheaper than others and the dct they try and ask more for as they were 800 more than manual new

Dont know what to do....

post-4817-0-17982300-1535034148_thumb.jpg

That is a cracking offer, I'm Hertfordshire based so a fair distance away, I'd happily pay you for postage but imagine that would be a right pita to box up so do you mind if I stick my name on it for a week and see if anyone on the shitley thread could get it over the boarder and a bit closer.

tbh i might bung on scumtree and get a tenner back for it from a non shitter, but if you can pick it up or get some else to shift it to you, you are welcome to have it.

And doing one of these

Had a go when they were new and apart from the auto being a bit dopey in town it was good

This one is not daft miles and far cheaper than others and the dct they try and ask more for as they were 800 more than manual new

Dont know what to do....

ive got one. not a DCT. it is fucking brilliant.

usually i get about 80mpg on it, but have had 105mpg taking it easy.

A gem of a bike that is overlooked due to the 'low power', which is makes up for with torque and relaxed revving.

tbh i might bung on scumtree and get a tenner back for it from a non shitter, but if you can pick it up or get some else to shift it to you, you are welcome to have it.

Go for it and stick that tenner in your tank for a bit of riding. The chances of anyone heading this way are slim, and petrol wise it'd be uneconomic for me to pick up, but seriously cheers for the offer of it in the first place.

Love a cheeky Exup, including 'period' levers and screen :)

until you try them, it's hard to believe how much better the ergos are with those chinese 'cnc' levers. i fitted them to every bike ive had in the last 10 years, where they are available. They are so much nicer/easier/comfortable to operate than the curved cast-ally fitted as standard. The ones i ordered were actually plain metal, but china sent me 'gold' so thats what went on.

Leaving Albania shortly and heading up to Montenegro again. Albania has been a real surprise-part of Europe but some places seem a million miles away from that.

Tirana is great, all bar the shite driving, but I got used to that. Still not seen a crash, which considering all the smacked up motors in scrap yards is a small wonder.

Just loved the Pyramid-totally vandalised but all lit up on the inside for tourists to see post-19526-0-50576300-1535106781_thumb.jpg

And doing one of these

Dont know what to do....

ive got one. not a DCT. it is fucking brilliant.

usually i get about 80mpg on it, but have had 105mpg taking it easy.

A gem of a bike that is overlooked due to the 'low power', which is makes up for with torque and relaxed revving.

I've also got similar (750, S, manual) and I concur they are F.A.B, very much like the Moto Guzzis I ran in the 80's. As mentioned above take no notice of the 'lack of power' naysayers; you'll love it.

Motorcycle taxi rider with a long commute. The mileage on the trip is since Monday morning.

I've always thought that job could be hell if you got a passenger who wasn't used to bikes. Do they tend to know what they are doing?

Most of our passengers aren’t bikers but we do have a lot of regulars. We have a backrest custom made as per (old) photo so if the passenger is leaning against it and holding on they’re almost forced to sit in the right place. We’re connected by intercom so I can always tell them to sit still. it’s not like being in a mini cab, the rider must be in charge. We do have a couple of ‘wobblers’ who are a bit twitchy so we have to be a bit wary, stop,with both feet down etc.

I do remember picking up one guy from Luton airport. Huge German bloke. Every time he turned his head the bike swerved across the lane. Made filtering a bit tricky.

It’s a great job and I meet some really interesting people and go to interesting places. Backstage at V festival or the Millennium Dome. Almost at the touch line at Stamford Bridge to pick up Jose Mourinho (not a football fan so meh).

post-20106-0-43625900-1535138611_thumb.jpeg

You’ve hit the nail on the head. We’re selling time not a ride on a motorbike. Some of our passengers bill their time at a grand an hour, if we save them half an hour they’ve made five hundred quid.

Plus they often enjoy the ride and the time away from the phone. Some of them reply to emails etc. on the back of the bike.

One’s too many, ten’s not enough!

I've just got back from a funeral of an old mate :(

He was a life long biker, he was thinking about getting a 996 but cancer got him :(

Anyway at the wake I met up with some old chums who turned up on these :)

post-18019-0-13131300-1535303142_thumb.jpg

post-18019-0-08350600-1535303175_thumb.jpg

Re-union is planned for next year :) I might just drag the bike out and go for that.

That’ll be me. I come in from Ipswich. What do you ride? I see some regulars.

Mostly my Xevo scooter (in matt black stealth mode, so you won't see it) or occasionally my Guzzi V1200, Suzuki SV650 or KTM RC8, depending on which one doesn't need a service or new tyres!

I'm going to the smoke tomorrow to watch the football - i intend to go early and see some of the sights. Does anyone know the best bike parking locations in Westminster, CoL etc or the best website for such info.

I was in Paris the week before last and no one gives a fuck where bikes park as long as they don't obstruct or use a car parking bay. I know London isn't like that though.

TIA

Mostar in Bosnia yesterday-not been there for 4 years, and lots of redevelopment since then. Happy to say it's all good and benefits the area immensely, as attracting more tourist. My mate had completed his 21 hour, 800 mile trip to Split from Berat in Albania to get his €25 part and met me after his 7 hour ride there.

post-19526-0-47203900-1535359612_thumb.jpg

Rode to Pag in Croatia yesterday through a colossal rain storm and force 8 gales (fun on the bridge in). Seemed deserted last night when we went for a drink. This morning clear blue sky, 28c and loads of holiday makers on the beach. Off inland soon to visit a bear sanctuary.

post-19526-0-83517100-1535359786_thumb.jpg

I'm going to the smoke tomorrow to watch the football - i intend to go early and see some of the sights. Does anyone know the best bike parking locations in Westminster, CoL etc or the best website for such info.

I was in Paris the week before last and no one gives a fuck where bikes park as long as they don't obstruct or use a car parking bay. I know London isn't like that though.Depending on 

TIA

In Westminster you'll have to pay, although of course you might be able to save that quid if London's scroates get to your bike before the wardens do....

https://www.westminster.gov.uk/motorcycle-parking-cost

I can't offer any practical advice as I'm a wuss and if I'm on my own and heading down to football I drive rather than ride due to the amount of bike crime that is reported. 

In Westminster you'll have to pay, although of course you might be able to save that quid if London's scroates get to your bike before the wardens do....

https://www.westminster.gov.uk/motorcycle-parking-cost

I can't offer any practical advice as I'm a wuss and if I'm on my own and heading down to football I drive rather than ride due to the amount of bike crime that is reported. 

paying to park a bike - fucking parasites.

paying to park - fucking parasites.

Edited for the whole truth. But totally agree it's even worse about bikes when they don't create traffic like cars.