The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Just thought of asking about this here.

Any interest in a P reg (I think) Virago 535 with 2,300miles from new in perfect condition & rides as well as one ever does for about £3k?

I can get pics etc if anyone is interested. Bike is located in Clacton btw.

I have a 2010 lf400 XV clone i paid £790 for, XV's are holding prices, but doubt you'll get £3k on that age....UNLESS someone REALLLY wants it!!

I've had a few of those, watch out for the fuel line connectors under the tank, they snap for fun and a major pain in the arse to sort sometimes :D

Cheers, fortuantely they were replaced with metal ones as part of the Triumph recall, shame the rest of the looms been butchered.

With exception to gash dinky indicators, I can only think its had an alarm removed at some point or it was assembled and fitted an ex-Rover Longbridge worker*?

*Quite a realistic possibility as it was only down the road!

So, picked up this turd last week. All that shines is most definetely not gold, owned by someone with the mechanical empathy of a chimp and I think the only time its been allegedly serviced was its last MOT (which of course was an mot, not a service, evident of how daft and gullible they were as the oil filter looks like 1997 vintage!...)

Once I have sorted the wiring and got it running as it should, apply more turd polish and be nice to shiterz when I sell it

My horn has bumped intoy radar and set it off......

Back in Austria for tonight, heading home, tomorrow night in Germany, Tuesday night in Belgium and ferry home Wednesday evening.

Rode the Grossglockner Pass at last-been closed on my last four attempts. For €26 I'm not sure it was worth it, but off of my "to do" list now.

Went on to Slovakia (via Slovenia,Hungary and Czechia) to meet up with some mates for a weekend of basically drinking!

RC8 has proved itself to be a pretty good tourer-comfortable enough for 8 hour riding days, and great fun in the twisties. Think we have only done about 30 miles of motorway so far-long may we avoid them!

I love Sarajevo-going back again in August. if you have the time, go up to the bobsleigh track-very surreal, and you can see why the Serbians picked this spot to bombard the city from.

post-19526-0-87455200-1527540464_thumb.png

Think the cable car has been put back and is now running.

In Germany tonight on the run home, and staying in a Convent in Neumarkt.

post-19526-0-91513100-1527540169_thumb.jpg

I'm now back in Croatia! I got a tug by the Bosnian police this morning - a whole host of offences, dodgy overtake, speeding failing to signal. All a joke. But they made me empty my wallet, corrupt sods. Hope they have a good piss up on me...

I used to ride around the Eastern bloc a lot - when it was the Eastern bloc.

I ensured that I had a large packet of ex- lax chocolate close to hand, usually opened with some' eaten' ( read binned) for when I invariably got stopped for non existent " irregularities" ( any western bike was very rare then).

The gratitude expressed often dropped the fine considerably, and I always had a smile on my face. Deep joy.

I'm off to Croatia on the bike in a coupe of months time, via France, Germany and Austria to meet a mate there. Then off to Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo and Albania before heading of to one of the Croatian islands for a couple of days.

The Adriatic coastline is spectacular to say the least. Sometimes the recent history of the place hits home-the conflicts were 24 years ago, but the damage to buildings and to the people are still clear to see.

I don’t need it but I want even more bikes that I don’t have room. How much?

if ya talking about cb500

its had fresh mot tyres and chain in last month

lacquer is falling off tank panels and side panels but i have new replacements

coupla grand 13 plate done 46800 miles

it needs fork seals but theyll be done soon - need to find time when its not going anywhere :D

ZZR has a fresh MOT now..... Also noticed I'd only done 2700 miles since the last one. Insured up to 5000 a year so must try harder.

It's not particularly happy around the idle / low speed end of the rev range. Showing signs of lean running there but over part throttle / 3000 rpm it pulls cleanly and hard to the redline.

When you rev it the revs drop and hang at 3k then eventually drop. Almost like a sticking throttle but it snaps shut as it should.

Coasting to junctions the revs drop below idle and the bike cuts out.

With the idle screw all the way in it won't idle over 1000rpm

Deffo something around the pilot end of the circuit. Mixture screws set to standard, they were happier a bit richer so I'll try them lots richer and then go backwards..

Riding round town at low rpm it kangaroos a bit and is just a pain in the arse generally.

Want to go a run on bank holiday Monday so may get the finger out

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Try some Seafoam, had an FZR400 that did pretty much the same, and 1 dose of the stuff and it was right as rain.