The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

A picture of my Gamma. Just got it out and fired it up after parking it for a few months [my NC700 is my daily driver]:

attachicon.gifgamma.jpg

Only noticed the other day, it's still got ticket - forgot i only mot'd it last July [i moved house last summer, so had a lot on]. It's insured and taxed, so is 100% road legal.

Had planned on cleaning it, doing a few little jobs and putting on the 'bay. got it out, sat on it, started it; now not so sure. It's such an addictive little thing.

^^^ fyi it's got ebay viton seals in the carbs [after a massive carb spew-out not long after I got it] and chinese brake lines. I'm a tight fucker....

You lucky, lucky person. If you ever decide you are getting rid PLEASE roffle it on here.

I fitted some Michelin PR4's to the bike the other week and they got tested in a downpour today, unbelievable grip and totally confidence inspiring on wet greasy roads, I'm a convert, no more budget/old stock tyres for me, the difference is night and day, recommended

Well I fitted my new GPz550 Motad system to my ZR550. Goes on with no trouble at all, you just need the ZR550 hanger. Just waiting for my pal to bring the original system back (not sure if it's been welded yet or not) and then see how well I can refurbish it.

Well that very same original exhaust arrived back to me this weekend...wasn't away for very long...LOL

Got a MOT for the SR500 today. It was last on the road on 2006. Had to turn back first time as the carb was flooding, petrol fizzing on top of the crank cases with the heat off the engine. Proper shitting masel thought it was going to burst into flames. Got back home after the MOT and the ignition key is missing and the rear reflector is AWOL. Still feels good getting an old wreck sorted up and back on the road. Goes like stink as well.   :-D  :-D

Guest Hooli

Readjusted my throttle cables now they've bedded in today, odd how one had got loose & t'other tight. That & a bubble of oily gloop on a sensor should fix the crap running when cold, it never felt serious, just annoying.

I fitted some Michelin PR4's to the bike the other week and they got tested in a downpour today, unbelievable grip and totally confidence inspiring on wet greasy roads, I'm a convert, no more budget/old stock tyres for me, the difference is night and day, recommended

I have a set of PR3's on my KTM super moto and they are fantastic, next best thing to full wets on my race bike!

Looking for a cheapo stepthru for the back of the camper, anyone have one lurking? Obviously I’m not wanting a c90 for peanuts but an equivalent from Suzuki or Yam would be great.

Needs more than 50cc as will be pulling about 20 odd stones two up plus French groceries.

Tatty looking is cool as scrotes won’t steal it.

NW would be nice too.

Meanwhile I have the enormous horn for this

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-vehicles/hisun-200cc-sand-dirt-bike/1296384428

$_86.JPG

£395 is probably optimistic given that they now retail at £495 delivered new. So Ive made a silly low ball offer.

Meanwhile I have the enormous horn for this

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-vehicles/hisun-200cc-sand-dirt-bike/1296384428

$_86.JPG

£395 is probably optimistic given that they now retail at £495 delivered new. So Ive made a silly low ball offer.

I’ll continuously ask him, ‘what is best price mate’ until he sells it to you for £200

Well that's the £4.77 Chinese hydraulic hose fitted. Clutch is now bled and operating as it should.

The only blot was one banjo being slightly narrower, that involved slowly screwing in the bolt but seems OK otherwise.