The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

You make them sound fun :)

They are fun, I spent a lot of time as a passenger back in the day.

I got quite good at climbing in and out of it on bends, like a proper monkey.

Another trick was if someone asked for a go in the sidecar the rider would give me the nod and I would jump on the pillion...

Once up to a decent speed the rider would give the bars a tug and we would both lean the wrong way and fly the chair, we could ignore the screams and hold it like that all day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8LM3PyGvhwg

Nick Weston showing how a sidecar can be cornered.

I want an old 2wd Ural as a winter car & I've never tried a combo.

I've never had the chance to have a bash at one of these things. It's something I'd like to try and if not master, then be capable on but don't know anyone that owns one. 

I've been shopping for a new bike since I gave up on and sold that Gilera moped. 

I'm after something deeply unfashionable and cheap to insure in the 400-750cc sort of range.

CB500, GS500, NTV, GSXF, that sort of thing. 

Some of the things I've been watching on ebay seem to be going for far more than I think they're worth, £500+ for stuff with no test that needs work.

Are they just worth more now because twats are making them into cafe racer type things?

Anyway, if anyone has anything for sale shout up, would like something not too far from the road but also don't want to spend much.

its winter spesh the last few weeks - itll all struggle to sell

stuff very cheap/knackered therell always be dreamers

no its fucked its worth fuck all

teapot gsxf ftw ntv no cb5 ok gs5 when new they were good

Y no NTV?

This is local and I might go and have a look, would have thought you could get it for £500, bin the broken fairing and you're away?

post-17573-0-16589700-1521317837_thumb.jpg

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201802183839196?advertising-location=at_bikes&radius=1500&price-to=1000&cc-from=200&postcode=hd74bs&sort=distance&page=1

attachicon.gifIMG_2478.JPG

For me too, just got home. Bit hairy

One’s too many, ten’s not enough!

went out sunny 5 miles up motorway blizzard (it wasnt but felt like it)

blue sky nowt then 15 mins later it would cloud over and snow again did that for two hours :(

gonna be colder tomorrow but the snow will have passed here by then

was gonna go leek but meh m&s and footy and read nz mags stu gave me

oh and buy chain kit that bike needs before trip to belge at easter

went out sunny 5 miles up motorway blizzard (it wasnt but felt like it)

blue sky nowt then 15 mins later it would cloud over and snow again did that for two hours :(

gonna be colder tomorrow but the snow will have passed here by then

was gonna go leek but meh m&s and footy and read nz mags stu gave me

oh and buy chain kit that bike needs before trip to belge at easter

Not riding tomorrow. 200 miles today was enough. It was work so lucrative as it’s a weekend.

One’s too many, ten’s not enough!

Y no NTV?

This is local and I might go and have a look, would have thought you could get it for £500, bin the broken fairing and you're away?

attachicon.gifmedia.jpg

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201802183839196?advertising-location=at_bikes&radius=1500&price-to=1000&cc-from=200&postcode=hd74bs&sort=distance&page=1

vtwin :(

I need some help with the plumbing on the gs650 carbs.

The carbs were off the bike when I got it and I had to clean them up and replace lots of parts. There were no fuel hoses with the bike.

I know where the inlet from the tank goes, but what are these two T pieces between carbs 1 and 2 and between 3 and 4? Overflow outlets? Or do they just connect to each other to balance the pressure?

post-5582-0-49670100-1521397137_thumb.jpg

And what about this wee outlet/inlet?post-5582-0-65587300-1521397403_thumb.jpg

I need some help with the plumbing on the gs650 carbs.

The carbs were off the bike when I got it and I had to clean them up and replace lots of parts. There were no fuel hoses with the bike.

I know where the inlet from the tank goes, but what are these two T pieces between carbs 1 and 2 and between 3 and 4? Overflow outlets? Or do they just connect to each other to balance the pressure?

attachicon.gif20180318_161045.jpg

And what about this wee outlet/inlet?attachicon.gif20180318_161109.jpg

Arent those air inlets so the top of the CV diaphram gets atmospheric air pressure? they usually have a small air filter on them to stop muck getting in.

not sure about the brass inlet though.

Any southerners after a cheap bike?

Seller offered me this for £330, someone else clicked BIN for £350 while I was deliberating but surprise surprise, the seller is getting messed about. 

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-GPZ500S-498cc-motorbike-/232698464431?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=L4KxTV3ofdr50Pi0Swy9APM4s14%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Seems like an honest thing, pretty much 12 months test. I have just agreed to buy an SV650 locally otherwise I would be on it.