The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Too dear anyway... I wouldn't think risking more than £300 on one of those was a good idea.

If that's in regards to the Rider's Super Cub, they are generally very well regarded.

With current pricing levels for sub-125cc bikes, you would be pretty lucky to get something for £300 with low mileage.

I think all bike prices are mad at the moment....

Dunno, I'd go to £400/£500 for one in good nick - it wouldnt be a daily rider anyway, just a bit of fun. But Shiply quotes are pushing it past the £700 mark so thats a Nope from me.

Missus wants a new kitchen anyway so I think to remain in her good books I need to do that first.

I was reading on some other forum (Facebook I think?) that somebody had a bike sent from Germany to the UK and it only cost £150 in a crate..

I get at least 120mpg out of the Super Cub so a collection would be a very cheap way to do it. ;)

If that's in regards to the Rider's Super Cub, they are generally very well regarded.

Not by me they're not. If they're so good why aren't Riders still importing them? Why isn't anyone importing them any more?

Ask the bloke on the C90 forum who got a crated one that had clearly been on fire prior to him receiving it. Etc. etc. Also noted there has been precisely zero interest in that one at that price on a forum exclusively populated by Cub botherers. As for cheap 125s, that Daelim cruiser offered for sale in another thread for £375 represents far better value.

Feel free to keep going on about how good yours is but, as I've said before, I'll take that with a pinch of salt until it's done more than, what was it again - 1000 miles?

Not by me they're not. If they're so good why aren't Riders still importing them? Why isn't anyone importing them any more?

Ask the bloke on the C90 forum who got a crated one that had clearly been on fire prior to him receiving it. Etc. etc. Also noted there has been precisely zero interest in that one at that price on a forum exclusively populated by Cub botherers. As for cheap 125s, that Daelim cruiser offered for sale in another thread for £375 represents far better value.

Feel free to keep going on about how good yours is but, as I've said before, I'll take that with a pinch of salt until it's done more than, what was it again - 1000 miles?

Sounds like you have a bit of an issue with the Rider's cub?

I'd say it was totally over-priced, at the retail price of roughly £1200 when new. It's a US$298 step thru at the end of the day.

I hadn't read about the one that had been on fire prior to receiving it but there's more than a couple of clone owners on the C90 site that are happy with them.

I would hazard a guess that there will be a variety of reasons for lack of imports, people prefer a twist n go, they want something modern and perhaps the move towards EFI and linked braking systems could be an issue in 2018.

Might have squire sidecar body to frame mounts and various unf bolts for mounts. What are you after? If you give me dimensions of what you need I will have a look in my man shed.

EDIT: the mounts I have are the rubber bits that go between the sidecar chassis and the body.

Sold the winter project GSX650F on Tuesday and picked this up off a mate today

Goes well, fucking cold though on the trip home.

bc9740b308d814c150388ae15c68cc8b.jpg

Lovely, been told many times that a fazer thou is all the bike you'll ever need, proper do everything machine. Let me know how you get on with it

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

my own FZ1 force L. No rofoffle, but poss dizcountz for shitters (or free shit thrown in):

https://www.gumtree.com/p/yamaha-motorbikes/yamaha-fz1-s-fazer-2011-red-full-mot-ex-runner/1289525301

DXimAf2XkAAN54G.jpg

I'd be interested in the givi rack if it was cheap enough :)

Lovely, been told many times that a fazer thou is all the bike you'll ever need, proper do everything machine. Let me know how you get on with it

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

I have had a couple of gen 1 Fazers and they were great but I'm a sucker for gold forks  :D

I'd be interested in the givi rack if it was cheap enough :)

I have had a couple of gen 1 Fazers and they were great but I'm a sucker for gold forks  :D

The givi rack is pretty rotten - Givi use shit steel. Ill give any purchaser first refusal [FOC] as ive removed it [tatty], but you can have it for postage if they dont want it.

Sad to sell it, but too many bikes.

Quite right. Can't bear to sell any of mine so having to rent another garage now. You can never have enough space.

Despite having some nice bikes, the Xevo does more miles than any of my others. Who'd have guessed practicality beats speed*?

*At least at this time of the year.

post-4025-0-01873500-1520296539_thumb.jpg

Looking at this a bit closer it looks a bit home made. Looks like it has been made with a slitting saw on a grinder. Also I don't think the slight bend is an original design feature. But if you want it I will get it straightened. 

No not really, some are but since the mid 90's there hasn't really been any 'bad' bikes as such.

Some questionable styling issues such as the rocket launcher exhaust on my FZ1 but that's partly the need to incorporate a cat (it has two actually, have you seen the new gsxr1000 exhaust?) but I think mid 90's to mid 20's is the sweet spot for maximum value and it's where I have bought most of my 30 odd bikes from, not had anything pre 2008 for a couple of years now mind.

I've got one bike that is post 2008-a 125 twist and go Yamaha. All the others range from 1994 to 2008. I get to ride some new bikes at work but don't see the need to actually get anything newer as my own bikes do what they do with perhaps just slightly less top speed. My bikes are still all better than I can ride them.

However, mightily tempted by the Enfield 650 Interceptor due in the UK soon, and a Zero electric bike.

My bikes are still all better than I can ride them.

That's exactly what I said in the 90s when I was trials riding on a 1976 250 Bultaco and most other people of my age were riding Yamaha Ty250 monos.

Now I have some 90s bikes but the original Bultaco would probably not holding me back on most stuff I attempt to be honest.

my own FZ1 force L. No rofoffle, but poss dizcountz for shitters (or free shit thrown in):

https://www.gumtree.com/p/yamaha-motorbikes/yamaha-fz1-s-fazer-2011-red-full-mot-ex-runner/1289525301

DXimAf2XkAAN54G.jpg

Now soldeded, however i did keep the Power Commander V. So if anyone wants one for an FZ1 or FZ8 [same unit], it's £100 posted.