The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

I'd have one of those little Nanfang things but by the time you get it all sorted out, I reckon you'd be as well just buying a new one? They are only £700 ish new I thought?

Edit. Seems they cost £799.

Wonder what the spares situation is like, then again I paid a fiver more than this for my brand new riders super cub, plus registration costs.

Is that based on an old FS1E? The engine looks similar. 

Would agree to be at least a bit concerned with spares supply/availability, I've been told even the trade themselves sometimes have issues there, which is a shame as if the Chinese manufacturers could sort that out or at least improve it, they'd sell a hell of a lot more I'd be willing to bet as that's something that puts people off. 

Facebook memory from 7 years ago popped up - this was shortly before I done my test

An indicated 70 on that felt scarier than twice that on the zzr.....67080c05f3a0b75a7dc7afecae17282f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Gah that pic is annoying me. I'm sure I've been there but I can't recall the name of the castle.

Is that based on an old FS1E? The engine looks similar.

Would agree to be at least a bit concerned with spares supply/availability, I've been told even the trade themselves sometimes have issues there, which is a shame as if the Chinese manufacturers could sort that out or at least improve it, they'd sell a hell of a lot more I'd be willing to bet as that's something that puts people off.

The engine looks like a generic pitbike/c90 type to me, so you could drop in a 125/140/160 chinesium engine for some short lasting thrills.

There are some right ugly bastard new bikes about these days right enough.

The last modern I fell in love with was the Ducati 916 or 748.post-5582-0-65657500-1516395517_thumb.jpg

But then I've not been in amongst new bikes for about 20 years.

My last bike I had on the road was this fireblade.

post-5582-0-36080800-1516395617_thumb.jpg

Apologies for the photo of a photo.

Ps. Quiz time: Can anyone recognise the orange bike?

I miss them too, but I was a bit of an idiot. Too many 'near ones' meant that when the kids came along I didn't argue with the wife too much when she wanted me to stop it.

I'll see how I get on with these old 80s open bikes I've bought.

I miss road bikes but just don’t have the time for them any more . Also so many idiots on the road esp in summer here in Cornwall.

Dirt bikes and little bikes are the way forward for me .

Having said that I have just bought a Versys but it was so cheap I had to have it .

go on

spill

FREE mini moto race replica thing, needs a lot of work but have heard it run and it sounded surprisingly ok. Collect between Chesterfield and Sheffield or from Gatwick if you 100% want it - you'll need to speak up tonight or it will be getting weighed tomorrow afternoon.

Gatwick.

When?

I just can't give up - just coming up to my 59th birthday (bollocks) been riding bikes since age of 12. Commuted at least 100 miles a day to London since 1976.

I'll admit now that most of my riding in the UK is to and from work (20,000 miles a year), perhaps 1,000 miles a year leisure riding. However i do around 8,000 miles in Europe throughout the year. Off to Slovakia in May, and Albania in August, and can't wait. Staying lighter longer now - summer is just around the corner.

Forgot to add - kollectikated.......... on charge in the cellar. I'll give it a full once over and probably be changing the rear tyre too. Should get through the small jobs and have it ready in tile for the weather picking up a bit (I hope).

post-21918-0-12282100-1516707603_thumb.jpg

Years since I rode a 2-stroke and these are supposed to be a bit mental - so it'll be softly softly (at first!)