The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Oh, my word...

They're apparently called "baggers", and there are loads of the fucking things. The septics are responsible, of course. Their infatuation with hideous, pointless vehicles is second only to their deep love of other people's oil.

Just look at this unrideable pile of wank:

54ed0fed1def7b8f4c15f5fb134cb6dc--back-y

On occasion I've considered buying a moderm bike as I'm sure fuel injection would be a bonus on a bike, but the overall styling and especially the revolting headlight designs of current & recent models utterly repels me.

I have to agree on the headlight front. I've got a NC750S which is a wonderful bike (fuel injection is a boon) but the headlight is just ugly, it has other modern styling as well for example unflattering 'flanks' on it's tank but the design is a bit more 'complete' than some other modern efforts. I'm sure there would be a market for a more traditional design within the NC family. Anyhow, avert your eyes here are a few modern headlights for the layman...

new-ktm-duke-390-review-39-750x430.jpg

BMW-R1200-GS-Adv-300x219.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

PS I 'liked' your ugly bagger pic simply because there isn't a 'hate' option.

Fat_Pirate, on 17 Jan 2018 - 8:17 PM, said:

Nicest headlights ever make it all better again:

honda%20CBR954%20%202.jpg

Nope, that's trying far too hard in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, it's certainly not the worst. But like many modern bikes, it has pointy, aggressive styling purely for the sake of styling.

King of ugly in my book is the Pininfarina Morbidelli V8. Both of them.

morbidelli-8-cilindri_8.jpg

morbidelli-8-cilindri_3.jpg

it gets worse, check this dash out:

attachicon.gifMorbidelli V8 Cockpit.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the top one. It's completely and unashamedly bonkers, in a brilliant way - it kinda reminds me of the 1st-gen Multipla. The layout looks like the result of a fairly imaginative junior-school project; while the body looks like someone at Pinin snorted 4 or 5 fat lines, started getting creative, then got bored halfway through and went off to do some more cars instead. It's the kind of thing I'd love to own, just so I could see it every day and grin massively.

The second one falls down badly, mainly because it looks as though they tried to get all serious and make it more like an actual motorbike.